• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    it won't say Pokerus at the status screen if its cured. the effects still linger, the ability to pass it on doesn't.
    if a pokemon that has Pokerus is in ur party for i think 48 hours, it will be cured and the smiley face will appear.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
    I thought that was Pokérus.
    That's some kinda thing which makes your Pokémon grow faster.
    To spread it, put your Pokémon inside a box, + the one with Pkrs.
    It'll spread then :).

Actually, that's not how you spread Pokerus. It will only spread to other members of your party if one of your party Pokes has PokeRus

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 13, 2008
    Trading my own Pokémon back to me

Let's say I have 3 badges, so all traded Pokémon up to level 30 would obey me. Now let's say that I trade one of my own Pokémon to a friend, and that we eventually trade back, so that I have my own Pokémon again. Now, if he had levelled my Pokémon above level 30, would my Pokémon count as being traded, and not obey me fully until I obtain more badges, or would it just obey me?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    it won't say Pokerus at the status screen if its cured. the effects still linger, the ability to pass it on doesn't.
    if a pokemon that has Pokerus is in ur party for i think 48 hours, it will be cured and the smiley face will appear.

Not cured, but immune. You won't be able to spread it, but as you said, the effects last forever. If you want to spread it, make sure to keep one pokemon with pokerus in your box. NOT one with the smiley face.

Remember, pokerus becomes unspreadable when they are in your party AT 12 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING. If they are in your party, and the DS clock hits 12:00 AM, it is now unspreadable,and you will see a :). The effects of doubling your EV gain still remains, but you cannot spread it.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    Okay just to clear this up. When people trade events, there actually trading the pokemon from the event right?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Nope. OT isn't the only thing. There is a hidden value, that's, well, hidden, and unless that, the OT, AND the trainer name is the same, they will not listen.

Pokemon don't remember that hidden value, though. As long as the Pokemon's OT and ID are the same as your own, it will be identified as your own.

EDIT: Yeah, they trade the Pokemon from those events. 'Event' is just a shorter name than 'Pokemon that came from so-and-so event'.

Last edited:

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Thx
    What are the 8 pokemon that aren't neccesary to catch to have a complete National dex my friend was saying something about 482 + 8 that you don't have to get?

Look here.

Your friend lied. Period.

*clears throat*
    "In order to complete the National Pokedex, you have to have all 482 Pokemon registered in your pokedex. You don't need to record the following eight pokemon:Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, and Manaphy."
    -The Official Pokemon Full Pokedex guide
    How many of you guys actaually knew this?

And another question
    Like most ppl I save b4 apporaching a legendary pokemon b4 confronting the sprite
    everytime I press a and go into battle with them does that 1/whatever chance happen in the game to possibly make it a shiny?
    In other words if I kept confronting and shuting off could it eventually become a shiny?(yes i know it would take probably a zillion tries)

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    And another question
    Like most ppl I save b4 apporaching a legendary pokemon b4 confronting the sprite
    everytime I press a and go into battle with them does that 1/whatever chance happen in the game to possibly make it a shiny?
    In other words if I kept confronting and shuting off could it eventually become a shiny?(yes i know it would take probably a zillion tries)

Yes, reseting the game over and over and going into battle with a legendary does give it the possibility of being shiny. Also known as Soft Resetting. And the number of tries varies from 1 time to 1 month (the longest i've heard of).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    *clears throat*
    "In order to complete the National Pokedex, you have to have all 482 Pokemon registered in your pokedex. You don't need to record the following eight pokemon:Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, and Manaphy."
    -The Official Pokemon Full Pokedex guide

......... :embarrass Oh. Yes, there is that...

As for your other question, yes, the chance of the Legendary being shiny resets each time you reset, so you could keep resetting until it changes color and it would (eventually) happen.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Yes, reseting the game over and over and going into battle with a legendary does give it the possibility of being shiny. Also known as Soft Resetting. And the number of tries varies from 1 time to 1 month (the longest i've heard of).
    good I'm going to be ona 28 hour bus trip from NJ to florida
    I only have 6 badges right now are any legnds available b4 i go to pokemon league?
    i'll try to play as much as i can tonite and tomorrow morning to enjoy a long ride....

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    Dialga/Palkia can be caught before the e4.

Another question. If i get an imported Platinum, can i change it from japanese to english in any way?

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Dialga/Palkia can be caught before the e4.

Another question. If i get an imported Platinum, can i change it from japanese to english in any way?
    I highly doubt it I just reccomend waiting unless you understand japanese lol
    I used to import Naruto games and since they were fighting games it wasn't a big deal importing them since not much to read but as much as I love pokemon I'd never import it. Apparently this games is more text based then I imagined becuase a friend of mine learned how to read by playing pokemon lol

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years

No, because there isn't an English translation of the text in the game. If all the text was already translated, Nintendo wouldn't bother waiting so long to release a US version, and release Platinum in the US and Japan simultaneously.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Just checking something; Mew's an event-only Pokemon now right?? (And I mean that as in receiving it directly)

Because I got a Mew from my friend recently but can't seem to find any record of this one unless it's from an ingame ticket. >.<

OT: EGO 51559
    Lv 30 From Hoenn.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Just checking something; Mew's an event-only Pokemon now right?? (And I mean that as in receiving it directly)

Because I got a Mew from my friend recently but can't seem to find any record of this one unless it's from an ingame ticket. >.<

OT: EGO 51559
    Lv 30 From Hoenn.

The only Mew given away from an in-game ticket is Faraway Island Mew in Hoenn at Level 30. But because that event only occurred for Japanese versions of the game, I would say the Mew you recieved was hacked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back