• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
    r there moves that are banned in a standard battle?
    just as some pokemon are banned for being too powerful like mewtwo
    r there moves that are banned for being too good
    like destiny bond?
    or is every single move in the game legit n acceptable?

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Every move is fair game except for the One-Hit KO moves (Fissure, Sheer Cold, Guillotine)

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    like destiny bond?

1 Hit KO moves are banned in competitive game play.

EDIT: Beaten XD.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    like destiny bond?
    If the OHKO Clause is turned on: Fissure, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, and Horn Drill will be banned.

If the Evasion Clause is turned on: Double Team, Minimize, Sand Attack, and those kind of moves will be banned.

That's about it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2008
    a good beginner starting team

thi need a good starter team.ive got a turtwig thats it.im a noob to this game.i dont have any badges pls help.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Don't worry, the game itself isn't that hard to beat.

Your starter is going to be your greatest asset right now, level him up pretty quick, but you should catch most of the pokemon you see when you first start. Starly, Shinx, Geodude, Buizel are all decent. Once you get into the game you'll be able to catch many more useful pokemon: This will come naturally as you travel to the more distant cities on your journey. The most important thing to remember in the beginning of the game is making sure your pokemon are leveled. Keeping your pokemon about 5 levels above enemy trainers' pokemon will make it a lot easier for you. Other than that, just remember what types are good/bad against each other, and you'll do fine!

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    You get one by finding an Armor Fossil in the Underground, and then taking it to Oreburgh Museum and getting it ressurected. Pearl Version only.

If you are playing Diamond, then I would get a Cranidos or something and put it up for trade in the GTS asking for a Shieldon, either that or ask someone here at PC to trade you a shieldon or shieldon egg

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    How do you breed a Pokemon with more than one learn-by-breeding move?

Today I've learnt how to breed them with 1 move, get a female that can learn it (been using bulbapedia to find out) and breed with a male that knows it.

But once I did that and the resulting Pokemon was female I tried it again with a different move but it just came out with that one instead and not the previous one.

I'm confuzzled, can it be done?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    How do you breed a Pokemon with more than one learn-by-breeding move?

Today I've learnt how to breed them with 1 move, get a female that can learn it (been using bulbapedia to find out) and breed with a male that knows it.

But once I did that and the resulting Pokemon was female I tried it again with a different move but it just came out with that one instead and not the previous one.

I'm confuzzled, can it be done?

Only in some cases. What you need to do is get the father to have all of the Egg Moves you want the child to learn, which will usually involve breeding chains (breed a male whatever with one Egg Move with a female of that species to get a male with the first Egg Move, then teach it the second, then breed).

For example, say I wanted a Machop with Thunderpunch and Fire Punch. I could breed a male Magmar with Fire Punch with a female Electabuzz to get a male Elekid with Fire Punch, raise it until it evolves and gets Thunderpunch, then breed it with a female Machop/Machoke/Machamp.

However, this isn't possible with every move learned this way, due to breeding constraints.

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    Only in some cases. What you need to do is get the father to have all of the Egg Moves you want the child to learn, which will usually involve breeding chains (breed a male whatever with one Egg Move with a female of that species to get a male with the first Egg Move, then teach it the second, then breed).

For example, say I wanted a Machop with Thunderpunch and Fire Punch. I could breed a male Magmar with Fire Punch with a female Electabuzz to get a male Elekid with Fire Punch, raise it until it evolves and gets Thunderpunch, then breed it with a female Machop/Machoke/Machamp.

However, this isn't possible with every move learned this way, due to breeding constraints.

So it mostly works when the father knows both the moves you want to pass on?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    So it mostly works when the father knows both the moves you want to pass on?

Yes. You can't pass Egg Moves from the mother, after all. If the father has more than one move it can pass on, then it should pass on all of them (at least three).

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    is the battling experience different if u battle w pokemon all lvl 100 as opposed to pokemon all lvl 50?

The damage calcs change by a slight margine (Higher at lvl 50 for some reason) according to a few calcs I have run, so yes it does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back