• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    What the above posters have said is true. But it gets really annoying really fast. You are going to have to press B every time you level up your Piplup because its going to try to evolve every level you raise it to, [S-HIGHLIGHT]unless you give it an everstone[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Do you still have to leave the everstone on him even after it levels up?

Where is the Move Tutor? The one that uses Heart Scales?

He is located in Pastoria City inside a house.

Picture:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    New to the scene. What's what?

Howdy. Haven't played the game since red and blue.

I'm looking to get into Diamond but I've got some concerns. See I really want to have a Mewtwo (we go way back) and Lugia (Him just cool lookin') but I don't know if they are available in the new games. Am I even going to be able to get them without replaying an obscene amount of games?

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry if this is the wrong place or whatever. I'm sure someone will correct me.)

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Howdy. Haven't played the game since red and blue.

I'm looking to get into Diamond but I've got some concerns. See I really want to have a Mewtwo (we go way back) and Lugia (Him just cool lookin') but I don't know if they are available in the new games. Am I even going to be able to get them without replaying an obscene amount of games?

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry if this is the wrong place or whatever. I'm sure someone will correct me.)

Mewtwo and Lugia aren't available in Diamond or Pearl. The only way you can get Mewtwo is to transfer it over from FireRed/LeafGreen. And Lugia can only be transferred from XD or the Naval Rock event.

Years
    Mewtwo and Lugia aren't available in Diamond or Pearl. The only way you can get Mewtwo is to transfer it over from FireRed/LeafGreen. And Lugia can only be transferred from XD or the Naval Rock event.

lame.
    so how much play time are we talking to get where Mew2 can be transferred over? Same for Lugia.

Can you find these available for trade often or not so much?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    lame.
    so how much play time are we talking to get where Mew2 can be transferred over? Same for Lugia.

I can't really think an approximate play time. Both are caught towards the end of the game. So for Mewtwo, it's pretty much the same time it takes to get through R/B/Y. If you never went to the Naval Rock Event, then you can only get Lugia by playing through XD. So it's quite a ways to go.

EDIT: Oops, misread the question. But El Gofre answered it correctly.

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    lame.

Quite a lot. In DP you need to beat the E4 and get the national dex. Once you've done this pal park becomes open.

Both are quite common. If you can find a charitable charactor to to trade it to you then trade back you can get one through the GTS too

why does the gyme leader do that??
    lol

lol im spamming ....................

lol im reporting.....................

Years
    Adding on to what El Gofre, the only way to get Wynaut in Diamond/Pearl is to breed Wobbuffett with a Lax Incense attached. I believe that's right anyway.

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
    Years
    Poffins

Does giving your pokemon poffins really effect how their stats go up? I've been wondering this for quite a while, and finally couldn't take it any more. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Does giving your pokemon poffins really effect how their stats go up? I've been wondering this for quite a while, and finally couldn't take it any more. Thanks

The only "stats" that Poffins affect are the Contest-related ones (Smart, Beauty, Cute, Cool, Tough). They don't do anything for actual stats.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Hi, what level should my team be (on average) to scale Mt. Coronet? They're at about 43-44.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Staraptor, Roserade, Luxray, Infernape, Gyarados and Haunter. As I said, all level 44. I'm gonna try 45-47.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back