• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGameGuy

Gold & Silver Master
Years
  • It is Pokerus (Pokemon Virus), and it doubles the Effort Values gained per pokemon you defeat in battle. It helps your pokemon grow faster (as in, stats increase faster) and it's very rare, so congrats. It is in no way harmful to your pokemon.

You should spread it to most/all of your pokemon. To spread it, enter a battle and your party members will catch it sooner or later.

When the game strikes midnight, PKRS may disappear after 1-3 days. A yellow :| face will replace the purple box. Your pokemon will still have the "doubling" effect but they cannot spread the virus. To prevent this, deposit your team or whoever carries it (like some spare pokemon) into the PC overnight.

If you're unsure of what Effort Values are, either search for some guides here or feel free to ask in this sticky. We are here to help~

Remember that you cannot gain Effort Values when they've reached level 100.

Ah,That is good to know.
    I was afraid to train my pokemon that were effected it because i had no idea what the out come could be,but thank you TwilightBlade.

Years
  • #417 Pachirisu

Ranch
    Ball: Pokeball
    Level: 10
    OT: ユカリ / Hayley / Giulia / Eulalie / Eulalia / Eukalia
    ID: 01000
    Nature: Naive
    Holding: Chilan Berry
    Date: 3/25/08 - Present (Jap)
    6/9/08 - Present

Mizunotami Manaphy
    Level: 5
    OT: みずのたみ
    ID: 12226
    Nature: Random
    Holding: King's Rock
    Dates: 1/14/07, 2/3/07 - 3/11/07
    *Can be shiny

my hayley pachirisu---Aug 21.2007
    my Manaphy(Mizunotami)----Jan 21. 2007

is they legit?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    #417 Pachirisu

Ranch
    Level: 10
    OT: ユカリ / Hayley / Giulia / Eulalie / Eulalia / Eukalia
    ID: 01000
    Nature: Naive
    Holding: Chilan Berry
    Date: 3/25/08 - Present (Jap)
    6/9/08 - Present

Mizunotami Manaphy
    Level: 5
    OT: みずのたみ
    ID: 12226
    Nature: Random
    Holding: King's Rock
    Dates: 1/14/07, 2/3/07 - 3/11/07
    *Can be shiny

my hayley pachirisu---Aug 21.2007
    my Manaphy(Mizunotami)----Jan 21. 2007

is they legit?

they look completely legit to me hun.

Jamzy

Mystery Dungeoner
    Years
  • Are these things true about D/P?

Ways to get manaphy There are two ways to get manaphy:

1. Get pokemon ranger and access ranger net and do a VERY LONG MISSION.

2. Go to jubilife city or sunyshore city and wait till you see a man in green in front of the counter. he gives you the manaphy egg.

Arceus After you beat the game go to solaceon town until you see professor elm. he will tell you about a dogish looking pokemon. then go to sandgem town and head inside the lab. you will see your rival and he will say that rowan went back to the spear pillar at mount coronet. go up there and talk to him. he will be with an old man. the old man will give you a clathentic orb. go to victory road and head out the secret exit(the guy will only let you go through if you get the national dex)go to the end of the route where that big stone is at. use the orb and it will break open. arceus will come out. then it will dissapear. go back to the snowpoint city and it will be there. press A again at it and it will leave again. go to wayard cave where mira waz at and battle it at level 70.

Enlarge Your Secret Base At the battle zone beat your rival 100 times and you will be able to enlarge it. heres some more stuff:

beat him 150 times:get a gorgeous gem
    beat him 200 times:get a pokemon trophy (bronze)
    beat him 250 times:get a pokemon trophy (silver)
    beat him 300 times:get a pokemon trophy (gold)
    beat him 1000 times:you unlock the hoenn region-you can go there and explore
    beat him 1500 times: unlock johto region
    beat him 2000 times: unlock kanto region -yes this seems impossible but its not. just go every few minutes and challenge him. oh yeah- if you beat him over 10000 times your game will get a serious glitch

Giratina Giratina is a Dragon/Ghost type. It's # 487 in the National Dex. Now heres how you get this awsome pokemon. After you get the National Dex, go to the Return cave wich is in Route 214. Go to the very back of the cave, you will find this legendary pokemon. It's at Lv. 70. Like all Legendarys, this pokemon has an unkown gender. Try using Dusk, Ultra, and Quick Balls. Or easily toss the Master Ball.

Planthy Planthy is a grass type legendary that is the final pokemon in your pokedx. heres how 2 get it: irst unlock benco city by beating the elite four 7 times.after you find the emerald there take it to pro. rowan and he will tell you that it unlocks a legendary pokemon. then go to wayward cave where mira was at. you will see an exit. go out there and it will be called mystic garden. get to the end of it and battle it at level 70

Unlocking Benco City Unlocking Benco City is not hard. Just beat the Elite Four 7 times!

Are these true?

SkywolfDragon

"Now, let's see how you dance!
    Years
  • Ways to get manaphy There are two ways to get manaphy:

2. Go to jubilife city or sunyshore city and wait till you see a man in green in front of the counter. he gives you the manaphy egg.

Arceus After you beat the game go to solaceon town until you see professor elm. he will tell you about a dogish looking pokemon. then go to sandgem town and head inside the lab. you will see your rival and he will say that rowan went back to the spear pillar at mount coronet. go up there and talk to him. he will be with an old man. the old man will give you a clathentic orb. go to victory road and head out the secret exit(the guy will only let you go through if you get the national dex)go to the end of the route where that big stone is at. use the orb and it will break open. arceus will come out. then it will dissapear. go back to the snowpoint city and it will be there. press A again at it and it will leave again. go to wayard cave where mira waz at and battle it at level 70.

Enlarge Your Secret Base At the battle zone beat your rival 100 times and you will be able to enlarge it. heres some more stuff:

beat him 2000 times: unlock kanto region -yes this seems impossible but its not. just go every few minutes and challenge him. oh yeah- if you beat him over 10000 times your game will get a serious glitch

Giratina Giratina is a Dragon/Ghost type. It's # 487 in the National Dex. Now heres how you get this awsome pokemon. After you get the National Dex, go to the Return cave wich is in Route 214. Go to the very back of the cave, you will find this legendary pokemon. It's at Lv. 70. Like all Legendarys, this pokemon has an unkown gender. Try using Dusk, Ultra, and Quick Balls. Or easily toss the Master Ball.

Planthy Planthy is a grass type legendary that is the final pokemon in your pokedx. heres how 2 get it: irst unlock benco city by beating the elite four 7 times.after you find the emerald there take it to pro. rowan and he will tell you that it unlocks a legendary pokemon. then go to wayward cave where mira was at. you will see an exit. go out there and it will be called mystic garden. get to the end of it and battle it at level 70

Unlocking Benco City Unlocking Benco City is not hard. Just beat the Elite Four 7 times!

Are these true?

Planthy,Benco city,Rival battles, and Arceus are not true.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • Ways to get manaphy There are two ways to get manaphy:

-It's not that long, I don't think. There is another mission on Ranger 2 though. Short.

-Nope, that only happens after you connect your DS with another DS with a game cart with the Manaphy Mission complete.

-Fake. Arceus wasn't even distributed yet. He will later Spring 2009 in Japan.

-Seems fake. Idk.

-True.

-No such thing as Planthy...

-So not true.

Are these true?

Answers in bold with a - in front of them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2008
    Hi, help please?

Hi, I'm totally new to this so lets start with Hi!!

I'm currently trying to fill my Pokédex and from the Kanto region I still need:
    Bulbasaur
    Ivysaur
    Charmander
    Charmelion
    Charizard
    Squirtle
    Wortotle
    Blastoise (I know these lot you have to get as starters)

Ekans
    Arbok
    Raichu
    Sandshrew
    Paras/Parasect
    Venomoth
    Diglett
    Mankey
    Growlith/Arcanine
    poliwag/poliwirl/poliwrath
    kadabra/alakazam
    bellsprout/weepingbell/victreebel
    gollum
    slowpoke/slowbro
    magnamite/magnaton
    seel/dewgon
    muk
    shellder/cloyster
    gengar
    drowsee
    krabby/kingler
    electrode
    hitmonlee/hitmonchan
    chansey
    kangestan
    horsea/seadra
    goldeen
    staryu/starmie
    mr. mime
    scyther
    jynx
    electrabuzz
    magmar
    pinsar
    tauros
    porygon
    kabutko/kabutops
    zapdos
    dratini/dragonair/dragonite

I would epreciate it so much if anyone coule help me by letting me know where to find any of these Pokémon. I have leafgreen and pearl and would love to know if I am able to catch them cause I pretty much have no idea what's availible on what...

Also I lost my Moltres cause I stupidly didn't save... if anyone would like to trade please get in touch

Thanks

xxx

ErnVern

Banned
    Years
  • Sounds like a personal problem...lol j/k I sugest finding a friend or buy the opposite game and an additional DS and just trade starters and the evolutions wouldbe taken care of and then get fire red and leaf green and just do some hella trading....Thats how i would go about it...the only problem would be that you would have to have at least 200 dollars laying around...depending on what games and systems you already have...im sure i didn't help much but i just thought i would throw in my two cents...

~ErnVern ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    In D/P how do i get a friend code?Because i want to meet new people and battle.And if anyone answers,thanks.

Directly from our local FAQ:

Once you have beaten the first Gym Leader in Oreburgh, go down to the basement of the Pokémon Center. Teala, the attendant at the basement, will explain the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection system and give you a Pal Pad. After connecting to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the first time, your Friend Code will be assigned to you, which you can see if you open the Pal Pad and choose the respective option.

Years
  • can i ask this whether it's Ev'd Raikou?

LV.100-HAD SMILEY FACE
    BRAVE NATURE
    DISTANT LAND
    ARRIVED AT LV.50
    LIKES TO THRASH ABOUT.
    HP 323
    ATK 242
    DEF 188
    SP ATK 272
    SP DEF 236
    SPEED 248

Status