• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    ive heard people mentioning something about 'shiny breeding'

is there a way to increase the chance to get a shiny from breeding, or is it always the same 1/8192 regardless of any breeding factors?

Years
  • ive heard people mentioning something about 'shiny breeding'

is there a way to increase the chance to get a shiny from breeding, or is it always the same 1/8192 regardless of any breeding factors?
    Yep. There's the same chance of getting a shiny egg from normal parents as shiny ones.
    In GSC, there was a better chance, as the Shiny attribute was based on certain IV combinations, which are passed on via breeding.

GSC - Yes
    RSE/FRLG/DPPt - No

Is it legit???????????????????????
    I can't see why not. That stats are legal and no-one would hack a Brave Raikou. (It's the worst possible nature for it.)

Last edited:

J-mo

Qaulity, not qauntity*
    Years
  • I've just started playing PKMN Diamond for the first time this week and about 10 minutes ago after healing a Bidoof I was training the little lady at Pokecenter told me my pokemon has the 'Pokerus' virus ? Apparently while the pokemon has this virus it grows 'exceptionally well', so says the pokelady lol

Anyone able to shed a bit of light on this ?
    Thanks.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
  • I've just started playing PKMN Diamond for the first time this week and about 10 minutes ago after healing a Bidoof I was training the little lady at Pokecenter told me my pokemon has the 'Pokerus' virus ? Apparently while the pokemon has this virus it grows 'exceptionally well', so says the pokelady lol

Anyone able to shed a bit of light on this ?
    Thanks.

First: Congrats on getting the virus from the wild (and so quickly), its incredibly rare.

Second: Pokerus (aka PKRS) doubles the EVs a Pokemon gets from a battle (If you don't know what EVs are, there's a sticky about them somewhere around here). It is not harmful in any way. I would suggest catching a random Pokemon that you aren't planning on using, and spreading the virus to it (the easiest way is to put your Bidoof first and the random Pokemon second, then go into a battle). Once the Pokemon is infected (purple box that says PKRS next to the lvl in the summery, deposit it in a box, then only take it out to infect others. Otherwise, it will be cured (at midnight, I believe), and then you can't spread it to anymore Pokemon.

J-mo

Qaulity, not qauntity*
    Years
  • Thanks for the reply Schala, and yeah I just spread the virus to a Shellos I wont be using and stored it in one of the pokecenter boxes as it's spread to the rest of my team it seems.

I'll have a wee peek at the EV's thread later and try and work out what it's all about lol, gona go play this for a little while longer (can't put it down!! :P)

Years
  • Alright...

I have two questions.

1. How come every time I fish, I don't even get a nibble?

2. Why won't Haunter/Gengar? come out of the painting in the Old Chateau? Every time I get near the painting, the eyes dissapear, and nothing happens.

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    I have two questions.

1. How come every time I fish, I don't even get a nibble?

2. Why won't Haunter/Gengar? come out of the painting in the Old Chateau? Every time I get near the painting, the eyes dissapear, and nothing happens.

For question 1: You might want to pay attention to your character, when a pokemon nibbles on your bait, your trainer sprite has an exclamation mark above their head so you need to press the A button to reel the pokemon in

For question 2: i dont think haunter or gengar ever pop up from that picture of glaring eyes, i tried to see wut would happen and nothing happens. It's just a haunted picture...O.O

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • 1. The game hates you, maybe? Try being nicer to the game. Compliment her hair once in a while.

2. There's nothing in the painting at all.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Hey, I need help on what to EV my Froslass in, all I have is 252 speed EV's. It'll be used solely for battle tower and nothing else. My singles team will look like this :
    Gengar @ Choice specs
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 6 Sp.Def
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Destiny Bond/Dark Pulse (Dark Pulse for now)

Froslass @ Bright Powder
    252 Speed / not sure / not sure
    Double Team
    Substitute
    Confuse Ray
    Destiny Bond

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    DD
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    EQ

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    The Natures

Please anyone who know how works the natures please tell me for example the hardy nature is good for attack o rno because i dont know.

Thanks

Jamzy

Mystery Dungeoner
    Years
  • hey guys i was wondering why people want ridiculosley (spelling) good pokemon (legendaries and the like) for a wurmple in the GTS? Because i was told if i put my haunter in the GTS then traded for a wurmple or any other pokemon then took my haunter back out of the thing to would evolve, but i couldn't find a pokemon to trade for! and how are all of those people seeing dakrais? and i thought it couldn't be traded through GTS?

Also, how long does it take to get a pokemon to love you enough to eveole?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • hey guys i was wondering why people want ridiculosley (spelling) good pokemon (legendaries and the like) for a wurmple in the GTS? Because i was told if i put my haunter in the GTS then traded for a wurmple or any other pokemon then took my haunter back out of the thing to would evolve, but i couldn't find a pokemon to trade for! and how are all of those people seeing dakrais? and i thought it couldn't be traded through GTS?

Also, how long does it take to get a pokemon to love you enough to eveole?
    I guess people are seeing whether if others are stupid enough to trade a legendary for a Wurmple. Don't mind them; they're just cluttering the GTS with their garbage.

For your Haunter, offer it in the GTS for a legendary or anything uncommon. I don't think anyone would take it and if he/she does, well at least you may get a good pokemon in return. The goal is not to trade your Haunter; just deposit it, and then withdraw it from the GTS and it should evolve.

You're correct; you cannot trade Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus in the GTS. You should not see any pokemon requesting them either. People have Darkrai's data because they have obtained one from a trade or an event.

Oh, about the love. Just give it vitamins (Calcium, etc, purchased in Veilstone's Dpt Store), level it up, walk a lot with it, give it massages (Veilstone and Resort Area), give it a Soothe Bell.. Look at the Friendship Checker and when it has two big hearts, it will be ready to evolve.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1. i was wondering why people want ridiculosley (spelling) good pokemon (legendaries and the like) for a wurmple in the GT?
    People are ridiculous. This is a children's game, after all. Some kids really think they can trade anything and get god-like Pokémon.

2. how are all of those people seeing dakrais? and i thought it couldn't be traded through GTS?
    I believe that since the Mystery Gift made Darkrai available in Platinum, GameFreak changed Darkrai to being trade-able.

3. how long does it take to get a pokemon to love you enough to eveole
    The Pokémon needs max happiness, which you can see using the Pokétch application that checks happiness. Two small hearts is happy, two large hearts is very happy, and two huge hearts is maximum happiness.
    As far as how to raise happiness, I believe Happiness raises one "point" after 255 steps, 255 happiness "points" being maximum. So Golbat, for example, has a base happiness of 70. It will take 47,125 steps with Golbat as your lead Pokémon (if all you're doing is walking, no battling/item-giving/etc.) for him to evolve into Crobat.

I know, it's confusing. This may help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back