• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Yep, same with Exp. Share. However, using Exp. Share means you can't use Macho Brace or Power items, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Years
  • I just want to add that there are Power items that are sold for 16 BP in the battle Tower's Prize Exchange. They add 4 EVs in the stat they say they boost along with the EVs you normally get. Also, since this is your first time, keep in mind the 255 limit for an EV in a single stat, the 252 suggested limit for an EV in a single stat, and the 510 total EV limit.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    ok, how do we know what Arceus' moveset is and how you obtain if its never been released before?

Years
  • The game's coding already has Arceus in it. It's not like when the Arceus event is out, every single game in the world magically gets the data for Arceus magically installed in every single D/P/Pt cartridge. Hackers can hack the game to see what Pokemon are in the game, what moves they can learn, and find out some other misc. stuff like beta versions of the Seal Case and underground treasures, the Magma Rock, the Red Chain, and other interesting, "dummied" out items.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    They add 4 EVs in the stat they say they boost along with the EVs you normally get.

I'll also add that the EVs given by them are affected by Pokérus, so you can get 10, 12, or even 14 EVs by KOing a single Pokémon if you have both (compared with Macho Brace's 4, 8, or 12).

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • Another Question. I've been training my Chimchar for Attack and Speed, but my stats are that of a normal Chimchar. It's Level 15 and I was wondering if the EV's show up on/as stats, or if they're completley hidden. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Another Question. I've been training my Chimchar for Attack and Speed, but my stats are that of a normal Chimchar. It's Level 15 and I was wondering if the EV's show up on/as stats, or if they're completley hidden. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EVs will be completely applied once it hits level 100. If you need to check to see how you're doing, either do a level 100 Wi-Fi battle to check the stats, or Rare Candy up to level 100 to check the stats (hint: don't save while using Rare Candy).

That being said, I always found it useful to write down my EV training progress in a Word Document.

EDIT: There's also some guy in Sinnoh who'll give you a ribbon once your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out, but I forget where it is.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    EVs will be completely applied once it hits level 100. If you need to check to see how you're doing, either do a level 100 Wi-Fi battle to check the stats, or Rare Candy up to level 100 to check the stats (hint: don't save while using Rare Candy).

That being said, I always found it useful to write down my EV training progress in a Word Document.

EDIT: There's also some guy in Sinnoh who'll give you a ribbon once your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out, but I forget where it is.

Actually I'm sure its a she and its at the town with the last gym(forgot name...)

Years
  • The Effort Ribbon lady in the Sunyshore market. EVs don't really show their effects until lv. 100 when they're stats in the areas you EV trained in are significantly higher than those of one who isn't. Also, it's suggested that you start EV training with fresh (aka: UT) Pokemon since every Pokemon gives EVs whether you want them to or not. Since you're using a starter Pokemon that's already lv. 15 before you "started" EV training, it probably already has some EVs already in places you may not want. In addition, EV training doesn't automatically make a Pokemon able to OHKO everything. There's also deep strategy that goes into investing those EVs along with movesets and natures. Sites like Smogon and Serebii specialize in providing in depth analysis of Pokemon and create movesets that optimize a Pokemon's performance. Just so you know.

Also, D/P wi-fi has a feature that automatically levels your Pokemon up to lv. 100 for the battle.

Years
  • Yes, by 10 each for each stat they say they boost (HP Up gives 10 HP EVs). They can only be used 10 times each though, so that would be 100 free EVs right there to start off your training.

:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    IF i have a pikachu with volt tackle without a light ball in D/P/Pt will the baby have volt tackle?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • After looking around for a short while, I haven't found any substantial evidence that a Pikachu with Volt Tackle but NO Light Ball would produce a Pichu with Volt Tackle. It seems that the Female Pikachu/Raichu is required to hold a Light Ball, regardless of if it and the other Pokemon have Volt Tackle.

But in saying that, I've never actually tested it for myself if the baby acquires Volt Tackle if the two Day Care Pokemon both have Volt Tackle themselves, but the female doesn't have a Light Ball. It would be safe to assume that the move is only obtainable while the female Pikachu/Raichu is holding a Light Ball in the Day Care.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Another Question. I've been training my Chimchar for Attack and Speed, but my stats are that of a normal Chimchar. It's Level 15 and I was wondering if the EV's show up on/as stats, or if they're completley hidden. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The stat boost provided by Effort Values is spread out gradually over all 100 levels. If the Pokemon had started training at a higher level, there would have been a clear stat adjustment to make up for the missed levels. At Level 15, however, the stat boosts will be difficult to notice until it reaches a high level.

Yes, by 10 each for each stat they say they boost (HP Up gives 10 HP EVs). They can only be used 10 times each though, so that would be 100 free EVs right there to start off your training.

Also, just to note, the vitamins can only be given before that Pokemon has collected 100 EVs in that stat, meaning that any vitamins must be supplied first when EV training.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • Just so you're not confused, I bred for my Chimchar. It has my Blazikens moves, and some stats of a random Infernape from GTS.

Also, what are the odds of getting PKRS? I've played every pokemon game, and not once on any game have I gotten PKRS.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The odds are 1 in 21,845. Consider that shines are a 1 in 8,192. Odds are, you'll never get it yourself. However, you can ask someone to give you Pokerus in places like the trade forum since it is quite easy to spread after you get it. Keep in mind that a single Pokemon cannot spread the virus if it is in your party after midnight in your game. It'll still have the benefits though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back