• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Diancie confirmed!

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
  • Diancie look so identical to Carbink that I thought it might be a Carbink evolution.
    Unfortunately its not !!!
    Aside from their obvious typing similarities (and as I've read on this thread, patterned stats), they huge rock on its bottom, having fluff right above that rock, and having ears... there is waaaay too many similarities between Diancie and Carbink. I think it's likely that this will be a Manaphy-Phione relationship (except executed better, without any controversies of the common underling being legendary, having the underling build hype and speculation towards its ancestor, and having more distinct designs.)

As cool as the thing's design is, I don't think it's worthy of being a legendary. It just comes off as another basic Pokémon for me. Not that I think it's bad, just not big stuff material.

I'll have to find out more about it before I seriously judge it, however.
    Like Gogoat Rocks said, it's likely related to the Anistar Sun Dial, a very important plot piece and central for mega evolution. I think its worthy of being a legendary by being this connected to what we already know about Kalos, not too different from how Celebi fit in with Johto's Ilex Forest Shrine despite not being explicitly mentioned in the plot. Also it fulfills the cute requirement for a legendary. :P

Distribution for it is most likely going to be just a free handout. Not too interested in the three event legends this go round. We probably won't be seeing her until like a month after Japan.
    Has anything been hinted about how it will be distributed? I remember their being some random stone Tierno gives you in story mode Nevermind just googled it, apparently you can cash it in for a sun stone. Nonetheless, I think it'll be a bit like Shaymin, who we learned after getting Oak's letter had a special area in Sinnoh dedicated to where you find it... given that Kalos already has the scenery of the Sun Dial stone, I can't imagine Gamefreak passing up the opportunity to have it appear there with an overlooking sunset.

I'm usually pretty pessimistic about getting events at the same time as Japan, and so I say without optimistic delusion that I really think that Diancie will be announced* and revealed, as I may be roughly at the same time worldwide. Why? Because the online communications for the games are connected globally... could you imagine running across a Diancie in a Free Battle and having absolutely no clue who it is? Gamefreak would not make the mistake of allowing other fans to spoil the existence of a pokemon through the means of their very own game's communication features.

*I'm going out on a limb to guess that Diancie will be announced worldwide within the next few days. If I'm wrong, a theory of mine will be shut down in record time.

Years
  • It doesn't say its an evolution and said that carb ink gather to diamcie... I'm thinking reflection cave event since that is the only place to catch car ink ( fingers s crossed for map expansion though )
    Its shiny is also revealed. Check serebiis first page

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well Diancie has been revealed to north america, and is a " sudden transformation " of carbink.

Sound like an Evolution to me !
    What is a Evolution anyway ???
    I wonder if Diancle is like Dragonite Or Lucario ! Those Pokemon are so rare and Mystical that they look like Legendary Pokemon But there are not.
    But I prefer it this way because then it will be catchable in Anime .

Years
  • Sound like an Evolution to me !
    What is a Evolution anyway ???
    I wonder if Diancle is like Dragonite Or Lucario ! Those Pokemon are so rare and Mystical that they look like Legendary Pokemon But there are not.
    But I prefer it this way because then it will be catchable in Anime .

Nah its legendary, just " event " legend. Sudden transformation would probably mean that a carbink just turned into it one day. I'm guessing, its non evolutionary and non reversible, unlike keldeo where it can change back to its form by move or giratina by Griseous orb. I'm thinking that's why they didn't use the word evolution but it still has its own place in the dex unlike pokemon with other forms. I'm thinking that it's relation to carbink is just flavor and back story and you won't be able to actually evolve a carbink or change one via item or move...
    I could be wrong but I doubt they would make an event legendary accessible from a pokemon that you can breed.
    Edit: & while you can breed manaphy, you can never get a manaphy from a pione. Would be cool if diancie could breed out car inks, or breed at all, to me expansion of the egg move catalog is more than welcome

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So since the poked entry says that Dianci was created from a Carbink by a strange mutation (or however it was worded) has anyone tried anything with this? Does anyone have a Shiny Carbink? Have they put it in their party with a bunch of other Carbinks? Scrolled through the stones to see if any of them will interact with the shiny Carbink instead of the normal ones? Perhaps it needs other carbines around for the main one to evolve? Perhaps it needs to be a female? Female shiny?

Obviously these are all WILD speculations, but if someone had a shiny Carbink, it wouldn't hurt to check some things out, right? At worst, it will kill some time. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I now find it interesting that Diancie is a transformed Carbink, but I don't think it's an evolutionary-based thing.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Diancie is a sudden mutation, much like stories of only 1 in million that only appears once in a millenia or something like that, also it's genderless, so carbink won't evolve into a Diance, it's like a new species that is considered a myth, there may appear more of it but that doesn't mean that it's an evolution or that we will have a chance to evolve a carbink into one. Deoxys was also a mutation, but in its case was from the mutation of a virus from outer space. Also special beings has always been revered as kings or some sort of deities, so maybe Diance is going to have a similar role that can make it a legend like the protector, guardian or "the embodiment of carbinks beauty", these are just my speculations of what could be in basic Dience's role in pokemon.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • "Sudden transformation" What is that even supposed to mean lol.
    Maybe you bring a Carbink to the Anistar City Sundial and it transforms. I don't think that would make it very legendary anymore if you can get a bunch of them.
    Or maybe you need a bunch of Carbink in your party at the Sundial to summon Diancie or something...
    I don't even know, I'm thinking out loud ;P

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    "Sudden transformation" What is that even supposed to mean lol.
    Maybe you bring a Carbink to the Anistar City Sundial and it transforms. I don't think that would make it very legendary anymore if you can get a bunch of them.
    Or maybe you need a bunch of Carbink in your party at the Sundial to summon Diancie or something...
    I don't even know, I'm thinking out loud ;P

Well there was one of the games where if you brought Arceus he could make a level 1 Palkia, Dialga and Giratina. Just saying. :D

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Guessing that you take a carbink to the anistar sun dial and with a special item, it changes form.
    I would love it if they made some kind of in-game event where you can take an ordinary Carbink to a place and it would change into a Diancie, while keeping its Nature, IVs, EVs, OT, name and moveset. Diancie would then be the first legendary you can actually IV-breed (albeit in a very round-about way of doing so).
    But no. That's probably never gonna happen. It will just be a gift Pokemon from the looks of it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My suspicions were correct, Diancie is indeed related to Carbink, but as a mutated form. The fact that it was revealed today on Valentine's Day must have something to do with its asthenic appearance, and already I've seen people calling it a typical "waifumon." I'm bummed that its sig move is physical-based rather than special-based, because from what I've heard, it doesn't learn Play Rough.

Years
  • I wonder if Vocanion and Hoopa are a results of instantaneous transformation too?

If so, I cannot think of any obvious predecessors. Maybe Avalugg and volcanion, and klefki and Hoopa, share some relation?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wonder if Vocanion and Hoopa are a results of instantaneous transformation too?

If so, I cannot think of any obvious predecessors. Maybe Avalugg and volcanion, and klefki and Hoopa, share some relation?

I doubt there's a relation between Avalugg and Volcanion and Klefki and Hoopa. There's nothing to suggest any link between those Pokemon (unless you have information you'd like to share).

My ideas are that Volcanion is an attempt at creating an living geothermal power plant (or was born from a geothermal power plant, much like how Voltorb/Electrode is theorized to have been accidentally created at a PokeBall factory), while Hoopa is related to the Lumiose ghost girl.

And maybe Carbinks worship Diancie.

Back