• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did anyone beat the E4 and Champ with just one Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In my first run, I beat the Pokémon league only with my Typhlosion. I was required to use a lot of recovery items, though, such as full heal and super potion. xD During my second shot, I was able to defeat the Elite Four and champion with my Gengar. I still had five additional Pokémon on my team (who weren't fully-evolved), though, just so that I could withdraw my Gengar every now and then and give him a rest.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
I did it many times in Gen 1, and at least one time in Gen 2... in Gen 1, I did it with the 3 starters, and later with other pokemon that I trained, and got to high levels so the only relatively quick way to keep training them was the E4, like Dragonite, Rhydon, Gyarados, Magmar, Gengar, Alakazam, The legendarys, eeveelutions, lapras, fossils, and maybe some more... in Gen 2 I'm positive that I beat them with a Thyplosion at least once

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't remember if I did it with just my Feraligatr or not. But I do remember only training my Feraligatr (and a Pidgey I suppose) the first time I played Silver. So when I went into the Elite Four I simply went it with Feraligatr and like.. back ups in case it fainted. Which I don't recall ever happening so in that case I would say I did in some shape.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I've beaten the Elite Four in GSC with only one Pokémon plenty of times. Before my Gold died, I soloed it with each member of my five-Pokémon team (so Totodile, Blastoise, Quagsire, Pikachu, and Noctowl--yes, my team was incredibly unbalanced). For each of them, I soloed the Elite Four without using any items (so no hyper potions, full heals, etc.). I have to admit, beating some of those Onixes with my Pikachu (which only knew Electric and Normal-type moves) was a pain, but the end result was satisfying. I may have soloed the Elite Four with some other Pokémon as well, but I can't quite remember.

In Red, I know I did it with Blastoise plenty of times (since that was the only Pokémon I bothered training the first time I played), and I think I later did it with other Pokémon as well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Back in the days of GSC era, I filled up my party for story mode.
After it Espeon's my main powerhouse, and arsenal -- the only Pokemon I used for battling E4.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I beat the E4 on Silver version with just a Dragonite. I didn't wanna level up my team so I asked my friend to trade me his lv 70 Dragonite and I beat the E4 and Lance with that.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Did it in Red with a Level 70 Blastoise. In Gold it was even easier with Level 82 Feraligatr. The main attack was Surf, I kept spamming the A button until the enemy fainted. Good satisfactory results, along with switching the move off occasionally due to lack of PP. Oh, the good ol' times...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The Johto league was pretty easy but yes, I beat it with one Pokémon quite a few times! The Pokémon I remember beating it solo with were Typhlosion, Lanturn, Sandslash and Jolteon, and I'm pretty sure I did it countless more times on the HGSS version too (mostly for training purposes). It was the easiest league of all generations so I never had too much trouble taking it on solo.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
On my first playthroughs of most of the games I just used my starter for everything.

So yes, I have beaten the E4 with only Blastoise multiple times.

Years
  • Age 78
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
First time I ever beat the E4 was actually with a somewhat overlevel Pidgeot.
Then with a Typhlosion and once with a Haunter (didn't have anyone around with a gameboy so no trade evolutions for me :(). Back then I ONLY ever leveled one Pokémon

KingRazor

Pokemon Master Since 1999
Years
I've done it plenty of times, really the only thing stopping me is PP.

Yep, this was the only thing that made it hard to beat the E4 in blue version with my Blastoise.

I've practically solo'd the whole game with Blastoise numerous times.

In S/G/E I basically solo'd it with Typhlosion. Although once I had Lugia he lead the way the rest of the game.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Yes Oh I remember beating the Elite Four with a Feraligatr and the only other Pokemon on my team was the Red Gyarados which I never deposited because I didn't know you could... my Pokedex literally had 4 Pokemon Caught for the entire game...

Back