• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did it occur to you that Diamond & Pearl is almost 6 years old?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I feel so old! These are still "the new ones" in my mind. I remember convincing all my friends to buy them so we could trade... Good times.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I just got my Platinum version last Christmas, so as far as I'm aware D/P/Pt is still pretty new to me. It doesn't help that before Platinum I had gotten Pearl, but I think I got it a year or two after the release of the new games. I don't quite remember since it's indeed been a long time. I didn't really follow the coverage of it though (I was busy obsessing over something else at the time, I would figure) so eh. Maybe I'll be able to go 'wow it's been ___ years already'? Later on when it comes to Black/White.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • Diamond was the first game I ever imported from Japan- it was around the time I started to get pretty good at reading Japanese. I remember the Shaymin/Darkrai glitch and flipping out and being SO EXCITE I CAN CATCH EVENT POKEMON WITHOUT DOING AN EVENT WTFBBQ!111 My game still has the glitch, ahaha.

It brought me back to the series after I didn't play in the 3rd gen very much. (Regret!!)

I can't believe it's been almost 6 years, though. It really doesn't feel like it. Man, I used to just sit for hours playing through it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    OH wow... o.o Gosh that's old! It feels like only a couple years ago o.o I suppose HGSS took up a lot of time... :s

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I still love Diamond and Pearl after 6 years. Even though they've been neglected because of the newer games. It doesn't even feel like 6 years since they came out.

This thread just made me want to go play them again. :D

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    wow, it's crazy how time moves. i had pearl. i actually wouldn't mind playing through platinum now (never have)!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Time flies! 6 years is long time and I didn't realized that Diamond and Pearl are 6 year old games. They are so many steps ahead from Emerald and timelane between Emerald and Diamond and Pearl is only 1 year! And DP saga is 6 year old! It feels unrealistic too.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Oh gosh, I was 11 when they came out!? No way o.o I don't believe this for a second! ;o It feels like a year ago, if that! Then again I play on Diamond more than any other game, I love love love Sinnoh <3 Still, I can't believe it's been 6 whole years... :o Blimey.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I really don't notice how old Pokemon games are until someone tells me about it. I remember back in my Freshman year of High School when I was so happy that I got Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, so many people were playing the game.

:t354:TG

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I never got to play Diamond or Pearl when they first came out when I was a sophomore in high school, I started to pick up pokemon again in 2009 when Plat came out and that's where I have been since. I still play Plat and do some runthroughs with pokemon and it doesn't seem that old but the series in general is. I don't think I'd get sick of it though because it is one of my favorite gens :D

Back