• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did u play the glitch?

Did you use the glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Once or twice

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
Years
  • i know a lot of people r against using codes and glitches and things like that. but lets be honest; who used the infinized glitch? u know where u could multiply rare candies and master balls? i did. hey, i was young...give me a break!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I cloned Master Balls, Rare Candies and Nuggets. My Pokemon and I were beautiful and dirty rich. The things I could've done if the glitch was present in FireRed...

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Nope, not once. You can get plenty of money by battling, and training is one of my fave aspects of the games so cheating to get Pokémon to Lv 100 would take the fun and challenge out of it for me. You don't even really need more than one Master Ball, the birds aren't THAT hard to catch and the only really difficult Pokémon is Mewtwo.

Years
  • I used it once. On my first play through of red, I didn't even know about the glitch. I used it on blue version though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Of course I used it.

After all, is there anything better than tearing through the Elite Four with a Magikarp?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I must confess - I did use it a lot XD Not for rare-candies though - I'd usually multiply obscure items XD On my copy of Pokemon Yellow, I have infinite Helix Fossils XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I must confess - I did use it a lot XD Not for rare-candies though - I'd usually multiply obscure items XD On my copy of Pokemon Yellow, I have infinite Helix Fossils XD

...I thought you couldn't do the Missigno. Glitch on Yellow?

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • I used the MissingNo. glitch to catch pokemons over level 100. Just for the lolz. I caught a level 164 Mewtwo using that glitch, I never could get my items to duplicate though...

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I used the MissingNo. glitch to catch pokemons over level 100. Just for the lolz. I caught a level 164 Mewtwo using that glitch, I never could get my items to duplicate though...

Maybe that's because you had a one-of-a-kind item in that slot? The item you want to duplicate has to be in the sixth slot of your bag...

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • I dont believe i was old enough to even operate a computer back then LOL. I just found out about the glitch in like 2005?, maybe.. So no i never used the glitch.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    I've used it since i found out about it a few months ago-why not play my games with just Mew's and have a lot of fun? I'm not hurting anyone =]

But long ago when Pokemon first came out, the glitches were...well, I knew of them, but not how to do them...so I never used them.

Also, I caught Mewto with an Ultra Ball, as did I with all the Legendary Birds...I didnt realise the Master Ball was 100% no fail so yeah xD

Years
  • I did do it when I first played the game, but now i disagree with any and all glitches/cheats, I'm playing all the Pokemon games from start to finish, without ever using the glitch, and I managed to catch every legendary in Pokemon Red, without ever using a single Master Ball. Go me!!

Batmans Playtoy

To the Batmobile!
    Years
  • Yea when I was younger that would be the only way to level up my pokemon.

But now I just mainly use it to get master balls to try and get 150 pokemon only cause I'm to lazy to weaken them.

Also I love the satisfaction of leveling my first pokemon up to 100 without using the glitch.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I abused it for all it was worth. Although I've completed Red/Blue many hundreds of times, sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't.

Back