• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did u play the glitch?

Did you use the glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Once or twice

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I used the glitch mainly to get my Pokémon to level 100 so I could use them in Pokémon Stadium. Too bad I didn't know about EVs back then, XD.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    I do believe most of the population did. When the First gen games came out however I was about 8 or 9 and didnt do anything except play the game. Didnt know about the glitch until I was about 13 and didnt try it until I was 17. LOL So no honetsly I didnt use the glitch except to see what happened really. I used it but not for my gain.

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    I activated the MissingNo glitch in Pokemon Red. I didn't even know what it was. I was just on the coast of Cinnabar Island and I saw it and I was like "HOLY COW I JUST DISCOVERED A NEW POKEMON!" And naive me, I captured it XD This kid that was at my babysitter's house freaked out, ripped my gameboy out of my hands, and set it free. I cried and hit him before he could explain that it could crash my game.

I ended up with a butt load of bicycles.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    If I had known that there was a glitch, I would've been filthy rich. Oh, the things I could've done…

Ayselipera

I never use cheats or glitches. I like to
    play it just the way it is. But I'm not
    against people who use cheats, because
    I know how much of a pain it is to get
    certain pokemon or items.

exteradude

After all, is there anything better than tearing through the Elite Four with a Magikarp?

Tearing through the Elite 4 with a Wobbufet?

Actually, being a kid in a small town when I was younger, I didn't know much about cheats. We at my town just played the game. A lot of Kids used Charizards, and one kid found a cloning Glitch in G/S. We made fun of him because of that. He had a team of Legendaries. Ah, the early Ubers of my life... One of my friends eventually beat him, making him Teh Best Trainer EVAR. In a couple of months I beat him, and I got beaten by a friend. The circle still goes on, even today.

Personally, as I grew up in a small town, I preferred THAT over the cheating and whatnot. It made the game much funner and more eventful. My hometown was small - If one kid had a cheating device, they all would. That never happened, though. At least, not until the R/S Era. Even then, the few kids who used it were bashed, though the ones who did the bashing eventually obtained the cheating devices themselves.

The game eventually became boring. I never cheated myself, because I was one of the few still having fun. Kids quit, and the card game fanatics began.

That was around the time that I left my hometown.

Cheating devices were used, yes, and it made the game boring. I never used them myself, though a lot of others did. Just not during the G/S/C era.

PokeFan187

Pikachu Fanatic ~ ⋆
    Years
    lol, Well not really.
    I didn't know about it then and I've never actually tried :P

Last edited:

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Nah, I honestly haven't. I never cared enough to glitch, I just had fun playing the game and training my pokemon the hard way lol. But my friend glitched on his games and had a gameshark cartilage. He left some of his games here and I did play it, it was a pretty fun thing to do once or twice and he had 100 rare c andy and master balls.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I certainly did, but not because I wanted to multiply rare candies but because I wanted to see if Missingno would screw the graphics up. Needless to say it didn't.

Randurro

スペースをとるこ? ??
    Years
    I did for awhile till I found out about stat points and that they were much weaker when you did it. Also as I got older and more friends that played video games cheating just wasn't satisfying and it doesn't give you any bragging rights.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Ya i used to do it but i mean why not? It's not like anyones gonna give out!! It's part of the game so say hey i used no gameshark xD my pokemon got strong fair and square!!

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
    Nah I never used the glitch and I wouldn't use it until I actually "complete the game". After that I may use it, or maybe not because I actually don't find cheating very fun in games.

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
    Yeah! I did!
    I remember in second grade, it was reading hour, and some kid was telling me about "how to get infinite master balls" and me thinking "lies!!" When I got home and tried it, it was the most magical moment of my life.

Now, having outgrown the magical stage of life, cheats bore me.

Years
    I proudly used the Missingno Infinite glitch. I felt awesome to have all my pokemon at Level 100 and have over 100's of the different stat boosters. With that my pokemon were gods!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    I did a lot of experimentation with it and the mew/ditto glitch

As did I. As an avid Pokémon Professor gamer I had to find out what all the fuss was about. However after simply experimenting with each glitch I immediately switched off the Game Boy. I don't condone using glitches to your advantage, however under certain circumstances, I'd allow the infamous Mew glitch to slide.

Last edited:
    Back