• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you beat the game without using ANY traded Pokémon?

Years
  • And when I say "beat the game" I do mean when AFTER you beat the Elite Four.

My experience with B/W is that I overlevelled before any major gym challenge and tackled the Elite Four after grinding, using Pokémon that I caught in the very beginning then evolved (Lillipup, Blitzle, Munna, etc.)

I'm just wondering if anybody out there at some point in the game grabbed a traded Pokémon and used them for the long haul. Would you say it was a lot easier than having to train all of your original team? Did you feel that the experience boost helped you a lot on your journey?

Or if, like me, you did not use any traded Pokémon and stuck with the ones that you caught originally, even swapped a few members of your main party with other Pokémon you caught yourself?

Pokemonatoms

something...
    Years
  • Yes is did i had my tepig at lv. 25 before the first gym cos i was bored. Then m=by the time i finished the elite 4 wich is wat im up to now, i had lv 70s.

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I was determined to beat the game with my own Pokemon, and last night at 1:16a.m. this morning, I was successful. ^___^

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    My own Pokemon the whole way through. Result? Pwned everyone in eyesight. *Pets Samurott*

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • I've only just beaten Elesa but my traded pokemon's exp boost make my life easier lol. I traded a Tepig I got off the GTS from my completed Japanese White and got a Cottonee from an in-game trade :p

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Nope, plus I couldn't anyway as I don't have another B/W game, and I don't like trading on Wi-Fi. I only received 4th Gen. after the game using Poke Swap.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • I caught all my Pokemon in-game. The only Pokemon I used during the Elite Four were Reuniclus and Meinshao.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    on my first go yep, but this time im hoping to get someone to throw me a larvesta egg before i get to the second gym, just cuz larvesta&volcarona have become my new most fav pokemon & i dont wanna wait til after my 6th badge to get it :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I usually try to "beat" the game by only using Pokemon I've caught in that specific game, and that's usually because I've just got no way of transferring them over. This time though, I really would like to trade over Pokemon from my previous games to complete the story and whatnot.

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    yup
    only used the water starter and Musharna for the whole game

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I certainly did! I never use traded Pokémon during my first playthrough. I don't like having original owners listed on Pokémon that don't read as my name.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
  • Actually for the First time ever, I used pokemon I caught in the game and raised them from the beggining, my strongest is my Emboar which is level 54 and the rest are low 30's but they still helped me a lot, a lot of them are almost level 40 so I think I'm doing pretty good, usually in the past pokemon games I used other pokemon from previous generations to beat the E4, but this time I didn't I only actually used 2 pokemon to beat the elite four XD Krookoroc and Emboar XD. I must say that the E4 in Black and White are actually real easy, not much variation in types... A Ghost Type User, a Psychic Typer User and a Fighting Type user and Dark Type user, 2 of which can be beaten by a Dark Type, 1 can be beaten by Fighting and the other Flying.. Not much diversity.. But they are fun to battle.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • so far i have only used pokemon caught in game. i have pokemon that i traded over but that was just so i could get zorua

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My boyfriend is restarting his copy so I currently have his Herdier and Servine, and since they're a tad underleveled compared to my team, I'm trying to train them indirectly so he has a better team when he wants them back. But I'm not using them as part of my main team and I don't intend to.

Dubberley

Wandering Psychic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    iv only just beat the elite 4 but so far no traded pokemon :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • No :C I traded over Axew and a Litwick from my Japanese Black u_u and used the GTS to find a Sewaddle. Boosted EXP is always nice.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I used traded Pokemon :(

I used that Snivy that you traded me Siggy, and a Samurott I raised on my Black and transferred to White. Technically when it came to the Elite Four, I beat it with my -own-, being Samurott and Emboar. :D;

Back