• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you catch Mespirit before or after the Pokemon League

What did you decide to do?

• Catch Mespirit Straight away

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Wait till after the Pokemon league

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Simple question really. When you first encounter Mespirit, it runs away and appears randomly in Sinnoh. What did you do? Decide to leave if until after you've defeated the elite four? Or try and catch it straight away.

Years
  • I'm going to until I defeat the Pokemon League before I catch Mespirit. It seems to be the best plan for my game.

Years
  • The first time? Shoot, I don't remember....I usually try my best to capture a roaming legendary every time I see them. However, sometimes I don't have a pokemon that's fast enough to even cause damage, so I just chunk a ball and hope for a miracle.

Ayselipera

Catching Mespirit was probably the last thing I did before restarting the game. I just really didn't have the motivation to catch it. :)

Years
  • In Diamond, I caught Mespirit after beating the Pokemon League. However, I still haven't bothered catching it in Platinum despite catching all 3 of the roaming Legendary Birds.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Im pretty sure I caught it before the E4 but I dont really remember. What I do remember though is it took me about half an hour or so just to catch it. >.>

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • After the Pokemon league. I had all the birds and everything going around before catching them all. I don't even know if I activated it before the Pokemon League.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yes, and now I feel dirty because of this thread.
    Thank you for that >:[

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I surely did it after the Pokemon League. To be honest, it appeared randomly and I wasn't expecting it at ALL!

The Red Chain

I caught it before the Pokemon League.
    I actually tracked it for months cause I kept SRing for it to be shiny.
    Finally succeeded after like.. 2-3 months. :x

Last edited:
    Back