• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you choose the male or female character?

Did you choose the male or female character?

• Total voters

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
  • To any males who picked the female just because of that hat, I offer you this: would you rather wear that same hat in real life, or undergo an operation to change your gender? That's practically the decision you're making. :P

Mewstor

Legend Reality
    Years
  • Didn't answer the poll cause for me it differs. When I first start out a new game I tend to choose female. If I start over some of my GBA games (FR or Ruby) I pick the one I feel like picking that time. If I ever get enough money to buy myself Pearl I'll start as a male cause in my Diamond I'm a female.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I picked the male character because I wanted to avoid gender confusion on Wi-fi. I do, however, like the female character's design more and now I wish I would have picked her instead. =\
    To any males who picked the female just because of that hat, I offer you this: would you rather wear that same hat in real life, or undergo an operation to change your gender? That's practically the decision you're making. :P
    Yes, because obviously picking a virtual character of another gender can be compared to having a sex change operation. =P

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
  • Male, because I'm male. It's as simple as that. Although it may look kinda boring and somewhat ridiculous, I still represent the male gender.

To any males who picked the female just because of that hat, I offer you this: would you rather wear that same hat in real life, or undergo an operation to change your gender? That's practically the decision you're making.

I agree with Smarties-chan. I mean, what the heck?! If you think it's the same thing, or if you think that they can even be compared with each other, you should try both of them yourself. If you still do not see the huge difference, then maybe you should go see a psychiatrist.

Is this the result of too much video games?

Last edited:

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
  • I picked the guy... even though he looks like a douche. >_> He looks funny with his bike and the waving scarf though.

EDIT: I picked the girl in FireRed for no reason. ._.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I chose Diamond because basically, believe it or not, I'm a guy.

Anyway, I have experimented being the opposite genders on past games.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I picked a female and named her Dawn, then caught a Pachi-pachi and a retard Bunny.
    Then I decided to abandon them both because they were weak.

No reason, really. I was uninspired.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • Male, because I'm male. It's as simple as that. Although it may look kinda boring and somewhat ridiculous, I still represent the male gender.

I agree with Smarties-chan. I mean, what the heck?! If you think it's the same thing, or if you think that they can even be compared with each other, you should try both of them yourself. If you still do not see the huge difference, then maybe you should go see a psychiatrist.

Is this the result of too much video games?

This isnt me at all but alot of people want to look at anime/video game girls, i dont know why because they arent even real so i guess i can understand both viewpoints

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
  • This isnt me at all but alot of people want to look at anime/video game girls, i dont know why because they arent even real so i guess i can understand both viewpoints

But I highly doubt that's the reason. People don't pick female Pokémon characters, just because they get attracted by them. And this is actually way beside the whole point.

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
  • Chose female as my "main". Well, I have been every trainer from every portable game. :P
    I mean, I have been the two mains from FR/LG, G/S/C, R/S/E, and the female main in D/P. But, I have yet to be the male character yet for D/P.

Back