• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen DId You Even Finish The Game?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Completed the main game but stopped after champion rematch. I never bothered to play with the Maison and Wally rematch.

Did have a lot of fun soaring around and finding secret bases. Huge improvement over RSE in that department. Thank wireless for that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    I managed to finish (e.g. Delta Episode) both in the span of a week, and I still play quite a bit on both games. Currently I use AS for breeding and OR for training and Battle Maison.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yea I honestly didn't finish. I got to the 6th badge, paused for 2-3 weeks, restarted the game, and now it's been on pause before the first gym.

It's been a month or so since I touched the game. I wanna go back to it. Any advice?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I've beaten the game at a very slow pace, due to me EV training my team and constantly soft resetting for the right natures.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I haven't finished it yet (just after catching Kyogre) but I don't think my break had anything to do with the game itself. I attempted (and am still attempting) a 7 pokemon team on rotation and it just didn't feel right (I like the Pokémon themselves, just not having a team of 7)....but I came this far with it so I'll push through. I don't like swapping Pokémon in and out of my team very much.

The last time I played I was worrying about whether I should evolve Lombre or wait until it learns Hydro Pump. It's things like that, fussing over little things that can also make me take a break from a game.

I started playing again today, just getting ready for the last gym and soaring around.

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Yea I honestly didn't finish. I got to the 6th badge, paused for 2-3 weeks, restarted the game, and now it's been on pause before the first gym.

It's been a month or so since I touched the game. I wanna go back to it. Any advice?

Sounds like my own quarrel :(

I'm trying to become motivated by the prospect of ORAS Move Tutor EMs, but if you're not a breeder, it's really not that wondrous.

The second half of the game is so drawn out it feels. Lulls me to sleepy.

luo xiang

Ami Tuo Fo enlightenment
    Years
    I originally played RS when it was released, and to be frank, i liked it more than the rest. RS had a awesome feel to it, and it brings alot of good memorys. I personnaly think oras is fine and did not fall short. The story is meh, but that be said i dont play it for story.(i didnt when i was 12 either). I play to catch pokemon and fightwith My favorites. What i remember most about pokemon when i was younger is we didnt get together with my friends after school to discuss how cool the "plot" or "story" was. No, it was to kick butt with your kadabra and boast about it to everyone. (Only to be destroyed by another kadabra/legendary xD)
    in hindsight yes the game was not perfect. But the story isnt what made pokemon. Now we r older and demand more substance. :p

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
    The very first Pokemon game I had ever played to finish was a copy of Sapphire that I got for my birthday, I believe, from a very good friend of mine. I remember it fondly, only stopping once after getting stuck progression-wise in Lilycove City; I had no idea I could surf out to Mossdeep at the time and scrambled to find a Pokemon I could use to surf. I eventually finished the game, very proudly, with the Wailord I had captured to surf in my team at the end.

Alpha Sapphire was a refreshing wave of nostalgia for me, almost like it was my homecoming to the region that meant the most to me. And it lived up perfectly to every expectation I had of the game. I had so many new goals in mind for my own personal completion records: Not only did I beat the Elite Four, I strived to beat the Delta Episode, to accomplish a second victory on the Elite Four with my most prized team lineup spiritually ported all the way back from Generations IV and V, to achieve a Platinum Rank in my Secret Base--something I had never done before regarding Secret Bases--and to collect all the Mega Stones I could, as well as pick up and find every Plate for my most treasured Pokemon, an Arceus I got off the Dream World in Gen V. I accomplished every goal I had set for myself along the way, and I've very proud to say it was a complete blast for me every step of the way.

I find myself now more occupied with finding things to do. Contests don't interest me, and completing the Pokedex has never been a goal of mine in the first place... I think I'll head back to X and leave completing a Living Dex or anything to it. My adventure in Hoenn, barring the acquisition of some upcoming events--Hoopa, an eventual release of Volcanion, I'm looking at you two--is over for now.

Years

If you're talking about once you start using Surf and have to go to Fortree City and from there on to the islands like Mossdeep City and Sootopolis, then i'm sure there are people who can relate to you with that from the original games.

In my recent play of Alpha Sapphire, I basically did another marathon through that part of the game after playing most of what was prior rather slow.

TheSonicMaster662

The Master of Sonic Games
    Years
    This Game Was Beyond My Expectations. I've already beaten the game and post game and I'm currently working on catching the legendaries and training for a rematch against the E4 and Champion.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I played the hell out of it in the first two weeks or so that it came out, I was playing it for many hours a day in the first week, beat it almost exactly a week after it came out, and then played around with the ending. I just restarted it again a few days after Christmas, but I only just beat Wallace a couple days ago, so I haven't beaten it yet with this playthrough. I think I just burnt myself out on it with the first one lol.

I do agree though that the game gets a little stale by the time you reach Fortree. It's always been like that for me ever since Ruby and Sapphire, I play the game like a beast the first time but with all my following playthroughs I get serious burn out around that area. It's pretty weird, actually.

K-A

Distancia Fantheem
    Years
    i didnt really feel motivate in my first play through of the game(I was excited at first but then i thought its just the same thing as the RSE), i didnt bother paying attention to the script stuff, i just went in and just steamrolled everything with the team i used when i played Emerald version(It really didnt help that they gave me Metagross right off the bat like that), i felt that i didnt do the game justice by not paying attention to the stuff they did, so i deleted my first one(after transferring all the pokemon i caught to the pokebank Legends and All) restarted my game Picked a different Starter and picked pokemons that i wouldnt normally pic(Decatty with normalate is pretty good) and talked to everyone i met and just went with my own pace and payed attention to what they were saying, and my second playthrough was a better experience.

TL:DR First playthrough was a chore: Restarted and payed more attention so second playthrough went better

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Yep, I finished my Ruby game

Took me a few years to puzzle out the Regi though (First time I ever used the internet to find something out about pokemon)

Ruby holds the title of being the first pokemon game where...

I ever got a pokemon to level 100 (Rayquaza)
    Solo'd the Elite Four with one Pokemon (Rayquaza)
    Played the game with each starter (Mudkip: Easy; Torchic: Medium; Treecko: Hard)

Alas, I lost my cartridge during one of my moves, which is a shame, so I was looking forward to playing the remakes...and got saddled with Alpha Sapphire

*sigh*

Why does Sapphire have Lotad? Should've been in Ruby...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Sounds like my own quarrel :(

I'm trying to become motivated by the prospect of ORAS Move Tutor EMs, but if you're not a breeder, it's really not that wondrous.

Oh I haven't been a breeder since Diamond & Pearl haha. Maybe if I build a team out of pokemon I never use I might get excited.

It's interesting because I never played Ruby and Sapphire so I was excited to play these enhanced remakes but really I ended up being quite bored.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I've beat the game and completed the Pokedex! It lived up to my expectations and went beyond. I never would have guessed that Soaring and the Delta Episode would be available in game, though they only thing I was disappointed about was lack of Battle Fronteir and Gym Leader rematches, obviously. But everything else was stellar.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I've beat the game and completed the Pokedex! It lived up to my expectations and went beyond. I never would have guessed that Soaring and the Delta Episode would be available in game, though they only thing I was disappointed about was lack of Battle Fronteir and Gym Leader rematches, obviously. But everything else was stellar.

Would you say the Delta episode is worth giving this game another shot? I've heard some good things about it but not too much where it got spoiled. I really do want to enjoy this game!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Would you say the Delta episode is worth giving this game another shot? I've heard some good things about it but not too much where it got spoiled. I really do want to enjoy this game!
    Hmm, well if you already have the game and are wondering on whether or not to finish it, I would say go for it. There wasn't a WHOLE lot to do in it, because it's mostly an unexpected game extra, but I really liked it :] It provided insight on some characters and the history of Mega Evolution, so it was also interesting.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Hmm, well if you already have the game and are wondering on whether or not to finish it, I would say go for it. There wasn't a WHOLE lot to do in it, because it's mostly an unexpected game extra, but I really liked it :] It provided insight on some characters and the history of Mega Evolution, so it was also interesting.

I'll give it a try then. Thanks!

Back