• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

did you ever cry on pokemon?

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Nope! I was sad when charizard left, but I never cried...

Pokefan92

Poke Fan for Generations
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    i cried in a couple of movies, but i dont ever think i have in a episode. I know i cried in the latest movie with Darkrai. I do get really sad though, and worried

Years
    in the history of all the pokemon movies and episdes I have only cried once. The first pokemon movie when Ash was turned to stone.

Exactly the same thing i did, i also cryed when The Tree was dying for some reson also lugia got hurt(My favourite Legend) also when Celebi was dying it looked like a srivaled up oinon but i still cryed

in the history of all the pokemon movies and episdes I have only cried once. The first pokemon movie when Ash was turned to stone.

Exactly the same thing i did, i also cryed when The Tree was dying for some reson also lugia got hurt(My favourite Legend) also when Celebi was dying it looked like a srivaled up oinon but i still cryed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I've been watching the first movie every year since it came out, and I still cry during the 'Brother My Brother' sequence and when Ash gets turned to stone. Thing is, I'm not even crying because he died- I'm crying because I feel bad for Pikachu! Yeah, I get pretty emotional in those kinds of things, I just don't show it.

And, I'm close to crying during the "Lugia's Song" sequence. It's a happy kind of cry, though.

Years
    Bye Bye Butterfree! was sad. I almost cried. & When Togetic & Misty had there goodbye made me sad too T.T

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I think I almost did when I first saw Bye Bye Butterfree, but no, I never actually got to the point of crying.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I never cried.
    the closest I got was when they showed the intro of the classic pokemon. It was tears of joy, because the later episodes were so terrible, and i missed the classics. If only I could see jessie frightening ash at gunpoint again....

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2011
    No, never. I got into Pokemon a bit late among my friends, so all the sad moments (Butterfree leaving, Ash turned to stone) were kind of ruined for me long beforehand.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    I cryed alot during the first movie, where the pikachu were fighting and ash turned to stone

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I have felt those touching times in episodes like Pikachu's Goodbye, Bye Bye Butterfree, Address Unown, Gotta Catch Ya Later! (the first time I saw that), when Misty and Togetic parted ways, the episodes where Ash said goodbye to Lapras and Pidgeot, Jirachi Wish Maker, Lucario & The Mystery of Mew, Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, The Rise of Darkrai, the 3rd movie, and other episodes.

But the only time I've cried was in the first movie with Mewtwo, when Ash turned to stone.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Yes, in Gotta Catch Ya Later. Misty left, and I just couldn't go on. D:
    That was the same way in my case and I am stuck in the past when it comes to the Pokemon anime because it still upsets me.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Wow, when have I cried in pokemon....
    I cried in Bye Bye Butterfree, first movie (still choke up when I see it.), when Pikachu almost leaves, and probably during some other times that I can't remember at the moment.

Back