• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you expected that there would be a remake of R/S ?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
    Well i never taught that there would be a remake !!! I am so happy ! Its coming out and it will be better then X & Y i guess. Did you taught ? did you guessed that it would happen one day ?

Years
    Yeah I really did believe there would be a R/S remakes, let's be honest it's gonna get Nintendo so much money. After Black and White I constantly hoped for a R/S remake and knew it was only a matter of time, there was so many good features in the originals that never saw a return and now with 3D graphics GF can really give them the return they deserve. Also like HG/SS it looks like there will be some new areas accessible and changed areas (simply look at the new Hoenn map). Anyway I'm really happy these are being released and pre-ordered my copy of Omega Ruby last week :)

Years
    Well after the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver it was kinda obvious that there would be a remake. It was getting kinda scary because they released Black and White then Black and White 2 and X and Y, that there wouldn't be a remake.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I definitely thought there would be a remake, but like everyone else, expected it in Gen V. But it's very understandable now why it wasn't. Why remake a game on a dieing platform? It was right for them to wait until they were into the first 3DS Generation. I think we'll probably get a new remake for every new console, opposed to every new generation.

Years
    I did, although I first thought it was gonna be in 5th Gen as well but I think waiting until the 3DS was the most solid move to take, so this means we'll most likely be getting a remake with every new console as opposed to just a new generation.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I thought it was coming, but I certainly wasn't expecting it so soon. All the work that would have gone into making the 3D models and animations for all 700 and however many pokemon there are (plus all the different forms, etc.) I figured they had make more games in the 6th gen series so to speak, and it seemed natural that a Hoenn remake would fit into that idea. Once the mega Latis were discovered, I figured that Hoenn remakes were practically confirmed, but I'd have imagined that a Kalos sequel would have happened first (like how Platinum came out before HG/SS). Thankfully that's not the case and it's crazy to think we're now months away from the new Hoenn games.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
    Yeah I really did believe there would be a R/S remakes, let's be honest it's gonna get Nintendo so much money. After Black and White I constantly hoped for a R/S remake and knew it was only a matter of time, there was so many good features in the originals that never saw a return and now with 3D graphics GF can really give them the return they deserve. Also like HG/SS it looks like there will be some new areas accessible and changed areas (simply look at the new Hoenn map). Anyway I'm really happy these are being released and pre-ordered my copy of Omega Ruby last week :)

Yeah i am happy to have another remake too !

Well after the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver it was kinda obvious that there would be a remake. It was getting kinda scary because they released Black and White then Black and White 2 and X and Y, that there wouldn't be a remake.

Hmm don't worry we have a remake now ! it will be too exciting. But i am unlucky i can't buy a 3DS.

I definitely thought there would be a remake, but like everyone else, expected it in Gen V. But it's very understandable now why it wasn't. Why remake a game on a dieing platform? It was right for them to wait until they were into the first 3DS Generation. I think we'll probably get a new remake for every new console, opposed to every new generation.

Oh.. I agree with you.

I did, although I first thought it was gonna be in 5th Gen as well but I think waiting until the 3DS was the most solid move to take, so this means we'll most likely be getting a remake with every new console as opposed to just a new generation.
    Hi Hika ! And i also taught one moment that there might be a gen v remake. But within a day i changed my mind. I am surprized to have a Remake now.

I thought it was coming, but I certainly wasn't expecting it so soon. All the work that would have gone into making the 3D models and animations for all 700 and however many pokemon there are (plus all the different forms, etc.) I figured they had make more games in the 6th gen series so to speak, and it seemed natural that a Hoenn remake would fit into that idea. Once the mega Latis were discovered, I figured that Hoenn remakes were practically confirmed, but I'd have imagined that a Kalos sequel would have happened first (like how Platinum came out before HG/SS). Thankfully that's not the case and it's crazy to think we're now months away from the new Hoenn games.

Yes right. All the hard work and other stuff goes to a newly made 3D model game.

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
    I think it's too fast, and I don't want them to rush and ruin it because of that. However, I'm delighted because Sapphire is my first game and it's coming out on the 3DS which I own!

Slow down, Gamefreak. I know Nintendo is a little poor right now but you also have to think of the poor manga writers.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
    Well i am happy cause we will have our hoenn back ! And we can show them all that Nothing can beat our hoenn xD

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I didn't expect there to be a Hoenn remake...I'm not really someone to follow the crowd, and with "HOENN CONFIRMED" being pushed around, I didn't think Game Freak would listen. If I did have hope in a R/S remake, I thought it would've been during Gen V like a bunch of others, but I guess not.

Still, I can't help but think that they rushed the date a bit. Oh well, as long as they've pleased the fans, and got their money, Game Freak are satisfied. :p

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I've been expecting Hoenn remakes since Gen V. I'm glad they're happening now, given the improved graphics and battle mechanics.

Years
    I had a feeling they would come eventually, but not this soon. I even envisioned them being during Generation V, as a few others have said. At the same time, I was expecting another Generation VI game first, like maybe another region (based on Marriland and the strategy guide). But we did get another region for this generation, which would be this.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    They didn't exactly rush it IMO. Some people (myself included) have been expecting Hoenn remakes in Gen V. It used to be a 2 Gen jump, at least that was what we thought... And the Gen V games had various "clues" too.

I felt that Hoenn remakes in Gen VI have come at the best time possible. The graphical, technological and social improvement leaps are now WAY larger than it was before.

And honestly, I can't believe it has been about 12 years.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yeah! Now that Nintendo's main system is the 3DS, the newest generation of buyers has lost all contact with the Hoenn generation since GBA games can't be played on the newest console. Not sure about Japan to be honest, but look at how popular it is here! It isn't a generation that could easily be looked over forever. There was bound to be one eventually.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    Hmmm... not too sure if I anticipated this or not... I was fully aware that there was just a remake of gold and silver, so i'm surprised I never thought of hoenn remakes. They'll probably eventually redo sinnoh too, so i'll probably be able to say that I expected that one.

I was pleasantly surprised because... (scratches back of head and blushes)... I never got ruby or sapphire. I LIKE REMAKES!

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    At one point I certainly did, but after seeing X and Y I was beginning to think the technology of Gen6 was getting too far ahead of Gen3. It's certainly going to be a different game after all

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Should I really answer this? It's kind of obvious what I thought (if you know me), yes I did expect them xD. I expected them last generation but after Black 2 and White 2 I started to want them for this generation. I was mixed a couple months previous to the May announcement if I wanted them before or after 'Z' came out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    As soon as I saw Mega Latias/Latios, I new something was up. It's funny, because I used to get told I was being too hopeful, and I remember someone told me they were 100% certain that they weren't going to happen. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy that they were wrong :P

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    I think it's too fast, and I don't want them to rush and ruin it because of that. However, I'm delighted because Sapphire is my first game and it's coming out on the 3DS which I own!

Slow down, Gamefreak. I know Nintendo is a little poor right now but you also have to think of the poor manga writers.

How is a R/S remake rushed? Our last remake was 4 years ago.

OnT: I kind of saw a R/S remake coming right after generation 5. I am also thinking that our next remake after R/S may probably be D/P and B/W after that and then X/Y after that etc...maybe, maybe! :D Just a thought.

Back