• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you expected that there would be a remake of R/S ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    I expected remakes ever since HG/SS made it clear that this was not just a one-time thing. I remember how in Gen 4 times a ton of people kept telling em than "nah, we're not getting G/S/C remakes, that'd mean that R/S/E remakes were just around the corner and they were way to recent. Don't feel so recent now, huh? :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yes, I always taught people that there would be remakes one day..

Seriously, as cool and fresh and different as Hoenn was when it came out, it would be weird if Gamefreak didn't want to reinvent it and use the novelty that Hoenn always kind of had, again. Ever since HG/SS actually became a thing, I sort of saw R/S remakes coming :3

Years
    I was expecting gen 3 remakes for a good while, but I did not know when they would be finally announced. As for Gen 4 remakes, I think they will be made on Nintendo's new handheld being released.

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    I knew it had to happen one day and I wanted to happen because 3rd gen was so awesome. Just like how 4th gen will sometime get a remake. That was the gen I started off in so I will be 1st in line waiting to get my copy of a remake when it comes out. I liked how they organized it especially. Instead of OR/AS coming out before X/Y, they waited a bit until a good amount of people got their hands on X/Y to announce it. I just hope it isn't rushed. Take the time to get every aspect from GBA version and apply it with the new technology we have now for the 3DS.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yeah I was 100% positive that there would be. Especially when the 6th gen anime started to follow a lot of the same stuff that was in Hoenn. I was even more confident when Boomerang skipped the 3rd Gen and went to 4th, a few months after that, it was confirmed that there would be remakes for Hoenn. And then they started to show Hoenn after the 4th Gen finished.

Hoenn was also the only region not on DS. Since Kanto came with Johto.

As for the 4th Gen game remakes, they might skip a generation and the remake them with an 8th Gen as I am sure it will last that long.

Last edited:
    Years
    Once they announced HeartGold and SoulSilver, I had a feeling Ruby/Sapphire remakes would one day be a thing. And then with all the references to Hoenn in some of the more recent games, that feeling only grew stronger. Though I actually expected them to come out a year earlier than they are...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I knew it had to happen one day and I wanted to happen because 3rd gen was so awesome. Just like how 4th gen will sometime get a remake. That was the gen I started off in so I will be 1st in line waiting to get my copy of a remake when it comes out. I liked how they organized it especially. Instead of OR/AS coming out before X/Y, they waited a bit until a good amount of people got their hands on X/Y to announce it. I just hope it isn't rushed. Take the time to get every aspect from GBA version and apply it with the new technology we have now for the 3DS.
    So far it seems like they've done a good job at recreating the GBA Versions, as it's easy to tell that it's Hoenn. Hopefully they'll encorporate Emerald elements too like HG/SS did with Crystal.

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    So far it seems like they've done a good job at recreating the GBA Versions, as it's easy to tell that it's Hoenn. Hopefully they'll Incorporated Emerald elements too like HG/SS did with Crystal.

From all the previews and screenshots of in-game they do look just like the old game but with this next gen technology. Glad they took the game and re-made it just like how it was and adding the new improvements to pokemon in general.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I did. Most people should of knew. It was just the line of cycle and past history if you look at it. Just how we will get Diamond/Pearl remakes after 7th Gen.

Back