• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did you let Pikachu evolve?

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
  • I did once.

But, I later regretted it. So, from then on, I began trading a different Pikachu from Red or Blue to Yellow so I could evolve him- and then have both Pikachu and Raichu. I'm brilliant. ;)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I didnt. I remember one time I had a Lv.58 Pikachu by time I got to Blaine on Cinnabar Island. It beat his Arcanine with a little bit of difficulty.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • Heck no... Why would I want to evolve a level 93 Pikachu?

I liked the fact that he followed you, and that he could sweep the Elite Four. I almost never used other Pokemon - all level 20s and one level 50 Lapras.

Yay for sweeping Bruno!

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    I could of evolve pikachu because I had everything for but I did not want to and I could get raichu aswell anyway from blue that I have; had both pikachu and raichu on yellow.
    Why get rid of the extra feature that makes the game yellow, it's extra enjoyment.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Yeah I agree with the people saying "It just didn't feel like yellow", I evolved him by trading him/her/it (no genders for R/B/Y) so I just restarted the game eventually :P

I usually use Pikachu over Venusaur (odd eh?) in yellow version, and it ends up in the elite 4 team :P

Myuuuuuuuuuuuu

Not Mew! Simply MY and 12x U
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    NO! NEVER :D
    I like Pikachu very much.
    This is my favourite Pokemon
    behind Mew.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • nope, pikachus one of my favs and even in fire red i trained him up to level 75 but it was getting annoying when he was getting owned by 1 hit attacks from level 50s so i evolved him

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • I let it learn Thunderbolt, then traded it away, evolved it, and traded it back.

I like Raichu a lot more. You can just breathe on Pikachu and it'll die..

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I remember debating in my head whether to evolve Pikachu or not but I always ended up not doing so.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Nah i never saw Pikachu as a pokemon that i wanted to evolve. I feel like Ash in a way. :D

Years
  • Nah, no way. Not in Yellow version. I couldn't even put it in a PC...It'd make that sad little sound and I'd withdraw it right back, lol. I loved my Pikachu in Yellow Version.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I did once, but most of the time I just left it.

In my current Yellow save It's named Chuchu and I'm named Yellow - just like the manga. :P

Years
  • Well, let me put it to you this way.
    Pikachu never made it to the first gym with me.
    Neither did a Raichu.
    I traded the Pikachu for a Meowth.
    Me and Persian beat the game lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    I never evolved Pikachu, it never felt right. And to have him folowing you is part of the game. I like the little yellow fella.

Back