• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did you let Pikachu evolve?

Guosuto-chan

Identified by SILPH SCOPE
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Nope, I felt like that was mean :C if it refused it in Yellow, why trade it and force it? I know it's just a game, but...
    I didn't really like evolving Pikachu in any other game either, it's too cute. I catch one every time I start a new game and its always part of my party. Last time though, I tried to beat the E4 with a party of only 4 pokemon and it was tough, and making Pikachu evolve into Raichu gave me just enough power to win.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • The only reason I bought a Yellow was to see the Anime refrence of Pikachu following me. If I evolved it, I would be defeating the purpose of buying the game in the first place. So no, I let Pikachu stay as it is.

Nashua

lovely, isn't she? :D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    Nope. I traded many other pokemon to my cousin's Red and back, but never touched the Pikachu. I was very fond of it at the time.

The Red Chain

But in yellow you play as RED NOT ASH sorry but someone had to say it

Red and Ash are one in the same, Red is just the manga/game form of Ash..

No I never evolved Pikachu in Yellow.. I enjoyed it following me.
    In RB I always evolved it though.. Raichu used to be my favorite Pokemon 'back in the day'.

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
  • I died a little inside when I traded my Pikachu to Red to evolve it.
    I wound up starting my whole game over because it wasn't behind my trainer anymore.

Back