• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use Ampharos or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I've seen Ampharos on everyone's team in HG/SS so I decided not to use it just out of principle. I caught myslef a Magnemite as my Electric-type.

What about you?

Atomika

Installing Gravity
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Nope and i dont think I will even tho its a good elec pokemon to start with early

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I dont plan to, Im not really a big fan of electric types. Although I did use it on my original silver version and turns out its pretty useful

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Usually with an in-game team I try to make mines with a bit of originality and variety. For example, a lot of people who played Diamond and Pearl used Buizel as their water type if they didn't have one already, so instead I chose to use Finneon's line. Seeing as a lot of people are choosing Mareep's line of evolution for their electric type, I might either not choose to have an electric Pokémon in my party, or I would go with a different choice, such as Magnemite's line since I've never trained one before.

I don't know exactly what I'll do in the game for my whole team as I'm leaving it up to relative surprise on what I train this time around, so we'll see...

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Ive used an Ampharos since my first time through Johto. Since that party has been duplicated in every gen since, for me its just following my norm not the fanbase. Plus my Ampharos turned out to invaluable against Red during my epically low level battle.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    Most likely not, never have been a massive fan of it.
    If I do use an electric type it will be Pikachu/Raichu or Lanturn, although I won't use a Lanturn if I get a lapras. It all depends on what happens with the rest of my team for than anything else.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I planned to have Pichu in my SS team, but then switched my interest on Ampharos.

I even have it EVd in my Diamond team. I just love that pokemon <3

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Well, if there isn't any other good Electric Pokemon out there, I would have to use Mareep, then Flaffy, and finally Ampharos.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    My first team ever in any Pokemon game when I was 7 had an Ampharos in it (Pokemon Gold), therefore I must use Ampharos now :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'll train one, just coz i've never had one.

However, i'll most probably use one of:
    Zapdos (from my Platinum)
    Notch-Eared Pichu
    Raichu (never used one)

I just dislike Magnemite/ton/zone

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yes, I use my Lv.100 Ampharos all the time on my SoulSilver. It was bred in my Japanese Platinum, but EV trained and leveled-up in my SoulSilver

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I've already tried training an Ampharos, and I want to try something else. I like to be different. I was thinking a Jolteon or a Raichu, or maybe I'll just ditch the Electric types.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Possibly, since I used one in Silver. I think I want a Raichu, though.

Years
    I'll have one. Whether I use it in a team is up to time. I had a screen support on in the days of gen two. Will have that again. Might try the punchy one out.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I'll probably catch one and use it until I reach Ilex Forest and get my Notch-Eared Pichu. After that, it'll probably be a boxed Falffy until the postgame when I take it out to train it.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Even though I'm currently bringing up a Magnezone, i won't be doing Magnemite. Mareep never especially appealed to me besides Colosseum, so I think I'll use Voltorb if I can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back