• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you use the Exp share?

What did you do?

• I shut it off

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I kept it on

Votes: 89 65.4%
  • I turned it back on after the e4

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • I already know what I'll do once I get the games... I'll still use it. It didn't really bother me in X/Y plus I'm someone who likes to breeze through, and on top of that I'll be doing Pokemon Amie on everything as well.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I turn it on all the time since I want to go through the game quick and fast :)

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Like meany others, I only use it in the post game. I learned from X/Y that that thing needs to be turned off immediately if you want any kind of challenge.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I kept it off except for when I needed to train a new, weaker Pokemon which wasn't at all often.

After the E4, I now have it switched on permanently.

Years
  • The difficulty without exp share is artificial. You bet I kept it on.

Making the game harder is a matter of reducing the critical hit ratio and decreasing the damage.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I kept it on to avoid the grind. My primary focus in ORAS isn't leveling my Pokemon, but making sure that I cover all the little aspects of the game completely. It's easier to complete the game 100% if you have high level Pokemon to plow through the usual obstacles.

Years
  • I shut it off the moment I got it and only turned it on when I caught my Aron and bred my Poochyena so could get them caught up in levels faster. I've since beat the Elite Four and I stll leave it off, mainly because I made the mistake of not doing that quite a bit in X and Y and would end up leveling up Pokemon I didn't want to by accident.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I always have it on. I'm doing a N playthrough -catching a few new pokémon in each route and training them- and it would be a pain to do it without the cheap experience. My "extended team" currently has 9 members and I just finished Rustboro, with all of them on level 12. In Y I got to the league with about 25 mons on level 50-something so I'm expecting the same here.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I had it on and I figured it was something I'd rather keep on. I don't even know how my playthough would look like if I had it off. I don't think I've done any grinding on my Pokemon, which is good at least.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I turned it off until my planned team is fully EV trained. I wasn't aware that the Exp. Share was turned on the moment I received it, so I quickly turned it off.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Turned it off as soon as I got it. I tried the Exp Share out during my second playthrough of Y, and it just made the game wayyyy too easy. However, I might use it in the postgame to make building up my competitive team a bit easier.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Yep kept it on since i got it balances the team for me and keeps pokemon that im not using on my main team trained its great for nuzlockes too!

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I figured I'd make a new reply here now that I've restarted the game. I'm actually keeping it off this time around, trying to play the game while actually working on a team, something I have never done since I'd usually just use my starter throughout the story. I'll update this if I ever go back to using it, but for the time being it's off!

Back