• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you use the Exp share?

What did you do?

• I shut it off

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I kept it on

Votes: 89 65.4%
  • I turned it back on after the e4

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

I kept it on at the beginning, but then I turned it off when I needed to level up Pokemon specificity, like my Swablu, who was level 20 and the other guys were approaching level forty. xD

I turned it on just now, since they're gettin' a tad under leveled.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    i dont like the ep share it is still like the gen 1 share and which i didnt like because it takes ages to get all the bla bla got xx exp . i want to be able to choose between the gen 2 to 5 exp share and the 1 and 6 share.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    I turned it off immediately after I got it,want a bit of a challenge.My current team are all the same level at the moment focusing on one member at a time...I may switch it on later on who knows?

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    As stated in previous topics. I found that experience share system to be an undesirable overly non-challenging feature, so much so that I immediately turned off upon receiving the device.
    Though even with that stated, I do understand the implication of this device is to decrease the amount of time you waste idling training on this game, to allow the player to reach their goal in a reasonable amount of time. I however, actually enjoy the training process, and don't mind the additional life expenditure.

Years
  • I kept it off for a while but I turned it on later. I don't have enough time to play so it makes things easier!

Years
  • I've had it on. Just helps me get lower leveled pokemon up to speed, which is generally a very annoying and tedious process.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I keep it on because I like being overleveled.

My rule when I play any of the games is to be level twenty by the first gym leader, then ten levels per leader after that, so by the time I'm at the elite four, my pokemon are already at like level 75 or 80~ maybe even 90 if I really stuck by it all the way through, which I usually don't, but it's a good way to get me started. I don't like to spend too much time battling NPC's.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I kept it on. Really love the feature, because I wanted to finish the game ASAP, I much prefer post-game.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I turned it off shortly after I got it. I want to challenge myself, as I have always used exp shares in previous games and it's become easy. If my pokemon start to get behind though you can bet I'm turning it back on. (And for gym leader battles I'll most likely turn it back on)

ArcanineWithABow

Cutie Pup
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I just turned mine off. I needed it to catch up some of my newer Pokemon. I am only in Slateport City and it's nice with an Abra who could only use Teleport and a Magikarp.

Way better than the ol' switch out and take a hit.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I keep it on, because I want to have my other Pokémon in the party keeping up with the ones that I often use, also because it makes training my team a bit easier, too.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I've had it turned off for most of the game thus far (I am as a result very underleveled and am at the 7th gym...that's why I am avoiding this site still for the most part). Only time I turned it on was to train Abra two levels and even then I used my level 40 Glalie from the demo by itself to avoid making things easy. Leveling up without it makes leveling as difficult as pre-Gen 5...

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    Back in X&Y I don't think I bothered to switch it off at all but creepin' up in Hoenn I set this little beauty to off upon arriving at Rustboro City (7 minutes after receiving it) only using it to level up another Wurmple I caught to have both Beautifly and Dustox.

Without using it my team remains balanced and still gives me a challenge upon entering new routes and during gym battles.
    I'm currently preparing to get my sixth gym badge and my team of 6 are in their low 30's with the exception of Aron (Lv.16) which I walked back to Dewford to catch!
    I'm training him up without the aid of Exp. Share, giving him the Amulet Coin and sending him out first each trainer battle.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have a hard time leveling my pokemon without it, so I kept it on. I have turned off a few times to level up weaker pokemon with or without a bait and switch method. There are moments when I forget to turn it back on. XD

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Now I actually shut mine off. All my Pokemon are wayyyyy above the levels of trainers in the area. I guess it's because I search for IV taillows with egg moves/special abilities all the time to trade for pokemon I want to trade into ORAS :/

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I used the EXP share right after I had caught a Swablu and Feebas that were both ~10 levels below where they were supposed to be, and I wanted them to gain a lot of EXP while I battled Team Magma and continued on with the storyline, mostly because I was too lazy to grind them. :P I also turned it on towards the end of the main storyline, because then you start to battle a lot of trainers that give out a lot of EXP and I wanted all of my Pokemon to be roughly around the same level.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I kept it on for a little while, until I had a team of 6 that could all compete with the levels of the point I was at in the game, then I turned it off as I found myself too over-leveled. I remember my Taillow evolved near Mauville and I hadn't even used it for ages so that kind of annoyed me. I'm currently at Mt. Pyre with Exp Share off and I'm finding myself 2, 3 or 4 levels above the opponent which is enough to provide a little bit of a challenge with certain trainers. It's certainly better than my Y playthrough when I was OHKOing absolutely everything.

pkmin3033

I've been using it, but I'm beginning to think that might have been a mistake...I have six Gym Badges and most of my team are now in their fifties. I could probably tackle the Elite Four right now; I expect my team will be in their seventies by the time I get there at this rate. I kept it on because I didn't want some of my party members to fall behind, but the result is that they've all gone rather dramatically overboard...

...I knew this was going to happen. Or I could have hazarded a guess. I don't really mind, as I've not found Pokemon challenging in years, and this way I don't have to grind mindlessly off low-levelled Pokemon in the wild. But...well, it would have been nice if they hadn't shot up QUITE so fast. xD

Back