• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you use the Exp share?

What did you do?

• I shut it off

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I kept it on

Votes: 89 65.4%
  • I turned it back on after the e4

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • I turned it off right when I got it. It was nice to actually train my pokémon again, more like the originals, and I didn't even really need to grind. I'm done with the Delta Episode and my highest level is fifty. Even with pokémon level 46-48, I swept Wally and the Elite Four, so I shudder to think how easy it would have been had I kept the Exp. Share on.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I was pretty excited for the postgame (no Battle Frontier y u do dis trollfreak T.T), so I kept mine on to speed up my playthrough. It was satisfying to finish the game the very next day, though, since I've never finished a game that quickly before.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I kept mine on. I've become allergic to grinding after marathoning the entire series a year ago. The only game(s) I completed without having to grind before the League just to be around the same level as the Elite Four (despite beating every single trainer on the way!) was/were B2/W2. Now I just love curb-stomping things :) .

Right now I'm getting ready to curb-stomp even harder. I'm thinking about replaying all four Gen 6 games as soon as I capture the Cresselia in OR, and today my Mirage Island has wild Happinies. I'm currently doing a different kind of grinding: grinding Lucky Eggs :D (I have 21 of them already, only three to go) .

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
  • I just keep it on. It gives me the benefit of not having to keep switching around and avoids being under leveled. It also lets me switch into Pokemon with a type advantage without having to worry about a Pokemon not getting as much experience and falling behind. My only complaint is that it makes the game a bit too easy.

Years
  • I kept mine off for the entire main storyline, which didnt prevent me from literaly crushing the league with nice levels without grinding.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I kept it on mainly because the last of my planned party members becomes available relatively late and I wanted her to catch up easily...but then I realized that I was dramatically overlevelled (43-45 range upon arriving in Fortree City) and turned it off. XD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • hell yes i used it

I used it at all times except against an NPC like a Gym Leader, where I would turn it off so certain team members could have the spotlight and solo against certain enemies on the Leader's team. Any other time, I kept it on in order to allow my team to remain balanced. That said, the only time my team was perfectly balanced was when I reached the Elite Four for the first time and my team was all Level 49 except Swampert, who was Level 50.

Karajan

I kept it on mostly for the fact that it bothers me when all of my pokemon aren't at the same level. This just made it like 10x easier to keep my pokemon around the same. Plus it makes it easier to beat gym leaders and such.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    THe only problem I encountered for now with it off the whole time was that Trainer Milotic lv 36, after Fortree. The Milotic kept spamming Recover, Water Pulse and Twister. Also it was always raining so Water Pulse did lot of damage.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I haven't finished ORAS yet, but so far, I've kept it on (about to get my fourth badge). Yes, it makes the game easy, but I've enjoyed being able to easily swap my Pokemon in and out and bring in new team members. The main problem is that my starter is majorly overleveled because I don't generally like to take it out of my team even when I'm not training it, so it picks up a lot of extra experience and is about ten levels higher than the rest of the Pokemon I'm training at the moment. I wish they had both the new Exp. Share and an item that functioned like the old one (attach it and give experience to one extra Pokemon). I catch a bunch of new Pokemon that I don't want to grind, but if I had both Exp. Shares as options, I could choose which one I wanted to use based on how many Pokemon I planned on training.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Once again, because I catch and train everything, I leave the Exp Share on. However, what I've found myself to do after a while was start putting higher-leveled Pokémon in the PC so they didn't become OVERleveled. I still have many that are underleveled, so it saves time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I didn't find either X/Y or OR/AS too easy with it on, but this is probably because the team I was using in X/Y spanned half a PC box and I had about 17-18 Pokemon at around level 55 heading into the E4. Currently in OR/AS I have 5 badges and my army is in the 25-30 range (though planning to add a couple more members soon). I like the new EXP share. Reduces grinding time by a lot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    lol no, i only started playing today and i'm up until slateport. so far the game has been easy af (with just two grass types lol) and i'm not going to let some dumb cheating exp device spoil the fun. besides, good ol' grinding is fun, right?

Galmar

Banned
    Years
  • I'm currently using it, my Zubat needs to level up and he is currently too weak to battle trainers at the moment.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I kept it on, but I am actually getting ready to restart my game pretty soon, and my team was crazy over-leveled (by 15-20 lvls on average) so in my next playthrough, I'm going to challenge myself to play the whole game without it.

Years
  • Once I read here that without it the game becomes more challenging, so I decided to give it a try and the game was still very easy, easier than my X with Exp. Share on. But I confess I turned that on closer to the Elite Four, my team was about level 50 and the wild pokémon are so low level that it would take an eternity to level them up. Though you can battle again some trainers (and that was the time when I figured it out), I think these low levels were a problem because if you don't find out the rematches, well, you're gonna have a long bad time training.

Back