• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you use the Pokemon Bank in your ORAS game?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • I've been using mine to transfer Kalos native Pokemon over from Y. I thought about just transferring everything, just to make my Dex completion go quicker. But I decided to complete my national Dex by only catching Hoenn native Pokemon in Hoenn, so the only Pokemon I've been transferring are the ones that can only be obtained in Kalos. It'd be a real pain having to trade them all over one by one, so thank goodness for the Pokemon bank <3

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    I use it quite a bit since I sometimes restart my Omega Ruby to get a fresh start if I have a lot of pokemon built up. I always try to deposit the pokemon that I really want to keep. Then when I start a new save file, I can put them right back into the PC.

I also use it to transfer pokemon from Y to Omega Ruby.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • Not until I was done with the main story. Then I moved everything from Y to AS, worked on completing the Dex and, once completed, shifted them back to Y to complete that Dex. I do all my breeding in AS though, but for the most part, my Pokemon stay in the Bank.

Years
  • Yeah it was really useful for me for transferring everything over from X as I only have one 3ds. I still use it to keep all my shinies and legendaries because i'm paranoid that something will happen to my save file haha

Years
  • Most definitely. I banked around 15 boxes worth of Pokémon from X to move over and that really helped me with the dex in AS.. really love that system and was happy to dish out a few dollars to keep a year's worth of membership.

Knowing we don't have to painfully move over six Pokémon at a time (and do a silly minigame) like in past gens is greaaaat.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My situation is kinda like Janna, I transferred my Pokemon from Pokemon X and then I completed my Pokedex just like that. In a sense, the shortest time to complete my Pokedex.

But I didn't continue my Bank subscription after that, as I didn't see any reason to use the Bank. I might think re-subscribing for the sake of the Apriball and Dream Ball Pokemon I've collected, we'll see.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I use it to help with dex completion, I've got 717/720 on my Pokémon X through catching, raising, breeding, trading and transferring.

Other than that I like to use it to have otherwise unobtainable Pokémon in my team on a new play through. For example, on my current AS team I've got Sawsbuck, Tyrantrum and Empoleon because I find the Hoenn pokedex quite boring.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I use the PokeBank relentlessly. I have boxes of Pokemon including even various Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed ones that were transferred to Diamond, then transferred to White, then transferred via the Transporter.

Most of them are kept for sentimental purposes, as the majority of them were bred and leveled manually. Also really helped speed up completing my OmegaRuby living Pokedex.

Nowadays I tend to move Pokemon around in my X, Y and OR game files, usually for breeding and transferring captured HA Pokemon. I still occasionally transfer over Pokemon from my HeartGold and White files I play once in a while.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I used it a lot when transferring Pokemon, but now that I've got everything set up in OR/AS I don't tend to need it.

Still, it's useful for when I play through one of the older games and want to keep my pokemon in the newer gen.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I have never used Pokébank, I'm too poor for that. I didn't want that Shiny Charm anyway X3

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • I use it to tranfser pokemon between my X, OR, and AS games but not for storage.
    I used it to transfer the entire living dex to my AS shortly after the games came out though I only used pokemon from AS for the playthrough.
    I keep one game as my main one for breeding, battling, and trading and use the others to catch exclusive pokemon, more legends, etc. so I use pokebank to transfer pokes from OR and X to my AS game.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • I've used it a few times to transfer some pokemon for their dex entries and some to come rescue my hoenn team from evading a disaster in the gyms early on. I brought over the Altaria I breeded in X especially for the mega evolution. I kept the bank around to have access to the gift pokemon, those second gen HA's were too hard to not resist having.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I used PokeBank to finish the game off because my team was underlevelled and mediocre. I sent up my Sinnoh team full of OU Pokemon and crushed the Elite Four with it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Not as much in OR/AS, but I did utilize the Pokemon Bank often in Pokemon X! When I had a trade shop and was breeding about a year ago I used the bank often because I had a lot of Pokemon I was transporting from both Pokemon Black and over from Diamond to Black, and then over to the bank. Also, when I was breeding I would put a lot of the extras in the bank. I really like the Pokemon Bank, I'm glad that Gamefreak added this to the new generations. :)

Back