• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Didn't You Wish For A Longer Adventure In HG&SS?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I think HG/SS is perfect in lengths . :D I like how the old places are reinstated :D and the other places are still like G/S . I think this is the coolest Kanto ever :D .

I also love all the various stuff to do besides battling on the street like Pokéathlon or Safari Zone or the Battling park :D

I think the levels of the Pokémon are fine :D

True. I'd like two different versions of Pokemon, in that case. One for the 'casual' gamers (the ones that play it on the bus or train, not really following the online updates), and one for the hardcore gamers (the ones that drink coffee at 3:00 AM in the morning, just to get their Eevee to evolve into the right evolution).

Also, Kanto was, in my opinion, uninspired. I wanted the entire Kanto, Safari Zone and all.

I'd love to see a game where Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic start fighting amongst each other, and you (being the hero) have to kick all their asses. Now that would be interesting.

Yeah, I'm hoping Black and White will spice things up for me, cause the whole 'Stop the evil team, collect badges' route is getting kind of old. Hopefully, they'll be adding some new evolutions to Pokemon that need them (Lapras, Tauros, Farfetch'd). Hell, Nintendo should come down to PokeCommunity and sample the talent here! I think Nintendo would gladly hire some of the people here to do sprite and/or story work.

Why the Heck do you write in such a tiny font? Do you want to prevent your parents from reading it?

By the way How was Kanto uninspired? i think it was great, and why would you need a Safari Zone in Kanto when he has clearly moved to Johto? I think the Pal Paark whether you can use it or not, is a nice addition instead of nothing at all. (as it was in G/S) and they ve got all the other stuff like the caves , the birds etc . lol at two different levels though , Little kids have to live with it being hard you have to lvie wih it being to easy for you, I think it is just right ^^(By the way I surely don't want your evolutions xD Lapras lol baby evo maybe but evolution of lapras. Some Pokémon are better when you don't add evolutions.

Last edited:

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016

True. I'd like two different versions of Pokemon, in that case. One for the 'casual' gamers (the ones that play it on the bus or train, not really following the online updates), and one for the hardcore gamers (the ones that drink coffee at 3:00 AM in the morning, just to get their Eevee to evolve into the right evolution).

Also, Kanto was, in my opinion, uninspired. I wanted the entire Kanto, Safari Zone and all.

I'd love to see a game where Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic start fighting amongst each other, and you (being the hero) have to kick all their asses. Now that would be interesting.

Yeah, I'm hoping Black and White will spice things up for me, cause the whole 'Stop the evil team, collect badges' route is getting kind of old. Hopefully, they'll be adding some new evolutions to Pokemon that need them (Lapras, Tauros, Farfetch'd). Hell, Nintendo should come down to PokeCommunity and sample the talent here! I think Nintendo would gladly hire some of the people here to do sprite and/or story work.

Well, I have only just reached Indigo Plateau, so I have yet to explore Kanto SS/HG style, although, I do think it was added as a extra in GSC therefore, SS/HG wern't going to change much around it, I still think the idea of 16 badges and so many towns/cities is great!

Melon

シエラ !✿
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I liked SS, up until I got to Kanto. :s I hate how you were kinda thrown in there and you just roamed around. They really didn't point you in any direction besides "lols go to the Power Plant, fix the Magnet Train!!"
    The Kanto gym leaders weren't even that hard. ;_; I think the hard part was going through those routes and running into level 10 pokemon..

Annd.. is the Johto region small because they were going to combine it with Kanto?
    Or did they combine it with Kanto because Johto was small?

Overall, it's a nice game and I don't regret buying it. I just don't see how making the journey longer would help. I think I like it better when the game focuses on one region.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Yes. I wouldve loved a longer adventure in these games. Ever since I defeated Red the only thing Ive been trying to do in HG is trying to complete the pokedex (and trying to find a flying pikachu xDD)

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    I would love a long adventure but i understand why they cannot, pokemon levels only go up to 100 and pokemon lvl 50 running around in the wild would be very very wierd. I mean if the game didnt end with red would you be going around defeating gyms that have lvl 70 pokemon????? not possible
    charmillionare gives this post a BOOM HEADSHOT out of TOTAL DRIVE BY

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    So, in conclusion what I want in HGSS is more of a challenge. Higher Pokemon levels and harder trainers.

Agreed entirely. Although G/S/C was my favourite generation of pokemon, the only grievance I had about both G/S/C && HG/SS is that Kanto is too easy. I understand that the concept was to make it easier so that the new Pokemon in the Kanto region could be caught && trained, but after defeating the Elite Four, I kind of stuck with the team I was using.

Side quests would've been interesting and a more challenging post-Elite Four adventure would've been fun, but in the end, I'm glad HG/SS was more of an homage to the older games rather than a re-vamping of the original versions.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    I would love a game with all 4 regions, in my opinion. But then about the elite four being like level 35.. Why not just make them go in one place? That would be good.

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
    I most certainly do, I also wish there were more trainers to battle. I'm already trying to find a Phanpy around Mt. Silver and my Pokemon are lvl 35 and below. My Horsea is just now lvl 29 and it's really hard to srsly lvl your Pokemon when you have to grind on wilds.

ritechus

Pokeemanz
    Years
    i wanted it longer imo...
    i would not get bored at all. i was disapointed that they did not include the sevii islands for i enjoyed them quite a bit. hoen is m favorite region so i would have liked that also. but we all know they will remake that one in a few years. anyways, ive always wanted that pokemon game that was huge. Like all the regions in one game. you could take an airplane to each region or a boat, idk...this game seemed like it just came and went. It was probably just all the nastalgia and stuff but yeah, too quick to beat. and the legendaries are aplenty with this one which = awesome.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
    The game was long enough for me, but like most of you wish for more stronger trainers, and also for the Hoenn region to be in it, but otherwise best pokemon game to date!

Back