• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dies Irae (Judgement Day) Upon Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    We interupt this program for a FOX Alert

"Hello I am Trisha Takinawa with this FOX Alert. This is a red alert for anyone within a 5 mile radius of Lavaridge Town. Evacuate immediatly. Get out, flee for your lives, Groundonn is about to attack the town and he does not look like he is slowing down or changing courses. Once again, the town has evacuated a few hours ago, but if anyone still remains ther, get out immediatly. The Elite 4 of Hoeen has said anyone who stays is facing certain death. No one is aware of the pokemon's full power and anyone who trys to battle with it is once again facing certain death.

Also a FOX Alert goes out to New Bark Town for citizens to get undercover immediatly. A tornado warning has just been issued for New Bark Town. We once again remind you that a warning is put in place when a tornado or several tornadoes have touched down on the ground. A tornado has touched down east of New Bark Town and is gaining strength and aproaching at an alarming rate.

Get underground immediatly, cover your head with your hands and crouch. Stay away from any glass windows and if you are in a vehicle, get out immediatly and find the lowest ground possible. Once again, a tornado has touched down East of New Bark Town and is gaining strength. The storm is possible of producing more tornadoes. Make sure you take a battery radio with you, you will be alerted when it is safe to come out again.

The best of luck to all in New Bark and Lavaridge. This is Trisha Takinawa, FOX News."

We now return you to your regular programming.

Professer Elm was gonna go mad. Why was this all happening? He and his aides had been working for almost two weeks and still nothing...it was all unreal...

"Professer! We have detected something!"

Elm looked up immediatly. "What is it?"

"Look sir, south-west of Cinnibar Island. There's something at the bottom of the ocean there...it's never been there before. It's metal whatever it is sir. Do you think it's a base?"

"I am not sure...get on the phone with Oak-"

A siren started to blare. (I just had to include the siren...god air raid sirens never cease to make the hairs on my neck stand...)

Elm looked up in horror. The sky was black. Lightning flashed, rain was pouring. Hail started to fall...the size of baseballs...The aides all started to murmur.

"Professor look!"

To his dismay, Elm looked. Out at sea...a huge funnel shaped cloud was forming and getting bigger. Elm wouldn't have been able to see it is the lightning wasn't flashing so violently. His eyes widened in horror. He finally managed to shout, "Everyone underground, now! Take what you can!"

They would need this information...but he also knew that no one could be put at risk of this storm. He helped his aides get underground...

Travis pondered the idea of waiting, but shook his head. He pointed to the figure of Groundon which was now visible. Nope Waiting was not an option.

"I would love to wait for the others, but I don't think we have a choice. Groundon is getting closer, and I guess is about to hit Lavaridge Town. We gotta find something fast, and I am not gonna wait for-" he leaned against a nearby wall and the volcano shook.

"What the? It's erupting?" But the shaking stopped. Travis got up (for he had fallen over) and dusted himself off and then looked...that's why the volcano shook...before them both was a huge cavern...Unnatural...clearly man-made.

Travis blinked...and smiled. He looked at Carolyn. "We found what we came to fnd...care to join me?" he asked stepping in.

This was the jackpot.

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    ((I apologise for any typos/ nonsensities within this post, I've got no energy left in the tank, but I can't sleep because else my body clock'll be even more screwed. XD))

"But..." She protested, clenching her good fist tightly, the other remaining limp and inanimate aside from the occasional shudder which gripped her body- despite being within close proximity with the volcano, the atmosphere encompassing Lavaridge Town was moderately cool, and the girl's sodden state further hindered her body's quest to be warm. "What if... What if you...?" Fenton's words were almost inaudible, yet her mouth still moved, her face still adopted an expression of genuine concern- even a novice psychologist could detect the truth within the incomplete sentence. Knuckles whitening, Fenton readied herself to protest her case to remain within Lavaridge, yet he was already sprinting off into the distance.

"Men," Fenton growled, folding her arms across her non-existant chest and glowering after him. "I hate it when they think that they're the only ones who can solve a problem. Sure, he's cute, he's charming, but..." She bit her lip, something familiar yet simultaneously alien stirring within her. Brushing instincts aside, her impetuous nature rearing its head, Fenton broke into a run herself, pursuing Allard in the direction he had fled. That was the moment that Groudon's journey to the abandoned town caused several tremors to ricochet throughout the area- and the moment that she came to her senses.

It was all about that trust thing again, wasn't it?

Cursing 'Glinda' for having yet again affected a decision that she made, Fenton remained on the ground (having been thrown off her feet during the first few seconds of the miniature-earthquake), reaching into her bag and tossing a Pokeball high into the air.

"Okay Absol!" The girl addressed the monochrome Disaster Pokemon that appeared beside her and who stared down apathetically at his trainer. The emotionless disposition did not leave the Pokemon as Fenton heaved herself to her feet and mounted, gripping onto the tufts of white fur that protruded from his hide- not too tightly; she didn't want to inflict pain on Absol. "We're gonna have to head... East, to the volcano! You can probably smell the sulphur, right?" He bobbed his head in acknowledgement, nostrils twitching in order to determine which would be the most efficient route to take. Without warning Absol leant back on his haunches and sprung into the air, effortlessly clearing the ash-coated undergrowth of Route 113 and moving swiftly enough to avoid getting his white coat marred courtesy of the cascading volcanic soot. Fenton had plucked her goggles from the folds of her bag and placed them across her eyes; she was now almost laying on the Pokemon's back in order to increase their aerodynamicity.

The air grew considerably warmer as grass transformed into rocky terrain, and they neared the foot of the volcano. Still with the goggles upon her face, Fenton gently tugged at the clump of Absol's fur in her left hand in order to command him to slow down.

"Now," she muttered, removing the lenses to wipe away any accumulated steam obscuring her vision and glancing up at the large mountain before them. "Time for the second part of our investigation. Or rather, mission. Gee, this has a Pokemon Ranger-feel to it. Perhaps I'm in the wrong field, because this is pretty cool! We never got to experience this sorta thing on One Island so close up... Stupid tour guides... But anyway..." Fenton retrived Travis' number and dangled it infront of his snout, only to have the Pokemon turn away in disgust. "Look, I know this is demeaning to you or whatever, but with Ursaring gone, you're the only one who can help. I promise I'll bake you some nice, bitter Poffin once this is all over, if you'll co-operate with me. You and your low self-esteem," she sighed, stroking the back of his neck with her free hand. "C'mon Absol, let's go see if he's arrived yet."

Absol tossed his head so that Fenton would stop bothering him and released a low grunt as he followed the trail left by the scent on the paper. It was extremely faint, yet several well-performed jumps led them to an outcrop overlooking a miniature plateau.

"Absol," the Dark-type growled, feeling something pulse through the ebony horn that protruded from his cranium. As the vibrations struck the area, Absol bounded into the air to avoid being affected by the tremor, landing elegantly behind Travis and Carolyn.

"We found what we came to fnd...care to join me?"

"Hey now," Fenton grinned, Absol padding forward. "Don't start the party without us, Zombie-Boy."

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    "Excuse me, miss. In case you are not aware of the situation, I shall shed some light. The Legendary Pokemon Groudon will be here shortly and I highly implore you to escape with your life. A strong woman like yourself is meant for far greater things than death." The voice took Sylph by surprise. It sounded familiar, but when she turned around, she couldn't recognize the person at all. Strange, she thought, he sounds just like Raizel. Must be a coincidence. She examined him from head-to-toe. The more she stared at him, the more his features were similar to Raizel's. But of course, his clothes weren't the kind Raizel would wear, so for the time being, Sylph decided it was a coincidence, or her mind was playing very sick tricks on her, or this boy was a relative of Raizel's.

"Then why are you here?" Sylph asked. "Surely you would get out of here too if a great legendary Pokemon like Groudon were heading your way. And besides..." She took out six Poke Balls, tossed them into the air, and watched the Pokemon fly out. Kip, Phoenix, and Rose appeared on her left, and Leif, Hydra, and Ein on her right.

"These six..." she muttered, "are very powerful, despite their looks." She seemed to particularly motion to Kip and Leif as she said this. "And I know of Groudon's weaknesses, and its attacks. I'm sure if you and your posse can handle it, so can I." Sylph looked at her team, and they nodded. They knew the situation, and they knew the sacrifices they'd possibly have to make, if any.

A few minutes past in complete silence, and Sylph came to a conclusion: She would help everyone out as best as she could, so of course, why not get acquainted with this fellow first? Extending a hand out, Sylph managed a tiny smile, though it seemed a bit more like a smirk.

-Begin Sylph's theme (Zora and Sylph will have different themes for different moods; this one is for her introduction)-

"My name is Sylph. Sylph Ebony. I have heard of the Dies Irae, though in not the most accurate of sources (don't mind me, I hate FOX; it's too biased). I wish to help you and your posse fight Groudon. Hopefully you don't mind.

-End Sylph's theme-

Sylph waited for a response, however positive or negative it might be. She kept her hand extended, just in case...

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Sorta short, sorry. I'm tired.

Travis turned to the voice. A smile came across his face. Fenton had arrived. Always arriving with an entrance.
    "Hello Fenton. Of course we wouldn't start the party without you and...and..."

His voice trailed. Off. Allard wasn't here.

Now that just proved it. "Allard" probably got Fetnon to leave him so he could make a break for it. Allard had to be Raziel. Travis didn't mention a word about it. Let Raziel have his fun.

Down below Groundon roared once again. Groundon had reached the town of Lavaridge, sirens began blaring down there for anyone left to evacuate. If anyone remained, they would definetaly hear those sirens, and then wha they did next was completely up to them. Had some refused to leave? Did someone get left behind in all the confusion?

Travis shook the thought off and peered into the man-made cave. The inside looked more like a base of operations. Travis stepped in and smiled to himself.

"I'm going in...where's 'Allard?' Surely he didn't just stay down there to fight Groundon by himself?"

He had a bit of slight mockery in his voice accidentally, but if "Allard" had indeed stayed down there, he was indeed Raziel...and a fool.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    "We found what we came to find... care to join me?"

Travis hadn't even needed to ask the question. "Of course! It will kill me not knowing what is in this cave! Besides, we need shelter from him." Carolyn pointed to the sillouhette (sp?) of groudon that could be seen from where they were standing. The shape of the monstrous pokemon gave Carolyn the shudders, and she guessed that the same went for the others as well. "Okay, well I'm going in." Carolyn stepped into the cave as quickly as she could, not even waiting for a response.

The cave was clearly not natural. The walls were perfectly smooth, though she couldn't see much because it was fairly dark. She leaned up against one of the walls of the cave and waited for the others, she didn't want to get lost. What she would give for an ampharos right now, the beacon pokemon. Carolyn didn't even own a mareep. She sighed, at least it was better than being stuck to the bottom of groudon's foot.

OOC: I'll try to make longer posts in the future... just right now it's like two am so... yawn, I'm going to sleep. Good night, I mean morning. God I shouldn't stay up so late!

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Smiling with amused satisfaction, he turned and went inside the man-made cave. Which didn't even look like a cave at all. As soon as he entered, lights fliskered and came on. echnology covered the walls. Everything from control panels to video screens, to super computers. It looked as if everything worked. No damage was seen at all. Yet the place was deserted.

"Take a look around guys, let's see if we can find anything that's a major clue." Travis said.

There were no other rooms in the cave. It was just a huge lab. Travis went to the nearest control panel and examined it. There were miniture screens flashing data at him. One screen had a scan of Groundon and other information about his brain. Something also read something about telepathy and mind controling. This was a big find alright. The creatures were unaturally awakened...and-

"Greetings...I see you have finally discovered one of the many labs I own." a hauntingly familiar voice said behind Travis. Travis turned around, and saw a huge video screen on the wall displaying a man concealed by a dark hood. Only half of his face was visible. His voice resembled that of the one on the news a couple days ago.

"My name is Jean-Marcus Williams. I am the leader of the Purificsts. The creator of Dies Irae, and the new world..."

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Carolyn looked up as Travis walked in, and as he did the cave lit up to reveal a stunning set of equipoment. There were tv screens, flashy buttons, and many other things that Carolyn couldn't even begin to guess what they did. She gazed in awe, how could anyone have guessed that this all was in here? Carolyn knew that they had found what they were looking for.

One of the machines appeared to have something to do with groudon. The screen showed a picture of the colossall pokemon and listed a ton of information that Carolyn didn't bother reading. This place was certainly connected to the mystery of the legendary pokemon. "Wow, we really hit the jackpot of discovery..."

Suddenly, a creepy voice sounded from behind her and Carolyn couldn't help but think it was familiar. She turned around to see a screen showing a man in a hood, but Carolyn couldn't see his face. His voice seemed very ominous.

"Greetings...I see you have finally discovered one of the many labs I own." The man paused for a moment before speaking again. "My name is Jean-Marcus Williams. I am the leader of the Purificists. The creator of Dies Irae, and the new world..." The words sent a chill down Carolyn's spine. Since they were trying to stop Dies Irae... that meant that this organization would want them gone. There was probasbly an ambush waiting here.

"Umm, Travis, What do we do at a time like this? Right now I kind of think we are goint to die. There is probably an ambush." Carolyn was too afraid to say somethin less... awkward. So afraid even, that she was stuttering as she said it. If they were going to get rid of the team, Carolyn may not come out alive...!

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Much to Allard's surprise, the woman stood defiant assuring him that she could handle the situation on her own. She stared into the man' soul as if she recognized him or something. Allard shrugged it of as nothing major however Raizel who remained locked in the body was suspicious. She is acting like she never saw a person before. With that appearance, I can't blame the public for running away at the very sight of her. Freak. After she completed, her painful staring, she summoned a small team of Pokemon, many of them unimpressive to say the least. Two were first stage Pokemon that could evolve into far greater things, if given the opportunity. Two were "eveeloutions" and most impressive were two dragons: Salamence and Flygon. Those two interested the man of two souls for a sole purpose; challenge. Interesting. Salamence and Flygon. If we met under better conditions, a fight of been fun. Her team bore some resembled to his own, complete with some balance. At least, I wont have to do all the work around here.

Raizel and Allard each have standards for their teams. Raizel desires raw power, seeing how he wants battle to end and end quickly. Raizel does not care for being fancy or honorable. As long as the battle ends in his favor and victory is claimed, he is satisfied. Allard, on the other hand, desires elegance. Allard wants to experience the beauty of battle as well as convey a degree with showmanship. He sees battles as shows, not contests, and makes it his duty to do such.

Before Allard could respond to the trainer, she offered a hand introduced herself:

"My name is Sylph. Sylph Ebony. I have heard of the Dies Irae, though in not the most accurate of sources. I wish to help you and your posse fight Groudon. Hopefully you don't mind."

A fake smile accompanied the introduction. Allard wasn't one to disrespect an attempt at an introduction. As Allard was about to extend his own hand to meet Sylph's, he froze. No, no, no. This one can't be trusted. It appeared as the inner Raizel protested. I don't know, but I have feeling that I know her. Call it hunch. But any female that I know cannot be trusted. Look at Zora. She put a perish song on me.

Regardless of the vain attempt at a protest, Allard resumed his movement and meet Sylph's hand with a gentle, friendly, proper shake. "My name is Allard. Allard Ainesworth. Like you, I have some knowledge of the Dies Irae. And you may have my assistance with Groudon, though I am unsure of how useful I will be." Allard grabbed the six Pokeballs from his belt and threw them behind him.

On his right stood Dragonite, Houndoom and by his side Lucario. On his left, stood Kingdra, Jolteon and by his side Typhlosion. All of the them held deep within their eyes, a desire for battle. Their expressions fierce and almost primative. A stark contrast towards Allard docile nature. The only exception was Lucario, who was under control and tame. Allard gave a small hand signal, one similarly used by Raizel to calm any of his Pokemon. Their bodies returned to ease, their eyes calmed and instead they stood tall staring at Slyph's team trying to invoke fear. Their fully evolved forms towered over the smaller Pokemon. Salamence and Flygon were the only ones that would probably be unfazed, considering the two easily matched the power of Raizel's team. Wish I brought Metagross right about now...would of been useful in case her dragons have a power trip. Something tells me they are freshly evolved or at least recent evolutions. If she did anything like I did with Metagross, they may or may not be difficult to control. Speed training does have flaws in that you don't get to understand the nature of the Pokemon. Anyway, Allard if you can hear me you better let me drive now. Groudon isn't some trainer in the final round of a tournament.

"I suppose we will wait patiently then," Allard utter with a fake smile.

Last edited:

SamuraiMaster

Years
    The man on the screen turned toward Carolyn. Despite Carolyn's quietness of the comment, he had heard. Was there very sensative microphones here?

"Ambush?" he said almost as if he would laugh, "Why would I even consider that? I knew you were here the moment you came on the mountain. My followers have long dispersed. I am here to fully introduce myself, and to prove the innocence of Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma...you get the picture."

Travis just stared at the man. The Purifists? What kind of name was that. Purify duh. Purify the world to them.

Travis was curious. And confused. "Why are you exactly doing this?"

The man on the screen folded his hands, seemed to rock back, and smiled. "I'm glad you asked. You don't know the true evil of man. Man wages war aginst one another blindly, rapes, kills," Travis noticed the voice was slowly getting angrier as if the man had no love for the words that exited his mouth. "Shows no love and cares for only himself. When God made man, He never wanted man to become what he became."

Travis immediatly recognized this man as a religious phanatic. Travis also had religion, but he was not phanatic. In fact, e was rather quiet about it. "God almost destroyed man, but He had mercy. Sure God promised that one day, his wrath would enter, but truthfully, I believe he's been waiting too long. I have experienced man's evil and am a changed man because of it. Now I will create the new Earth GOd promised us all. I will use the three titans and bring your world to an end."

Travis was amazed. This man was not just a phanatic, he was insane. He didn't know right from wrong. He was criminally insane. Yet he had managed to gain followers...let alone control the trio.

Travis finally spoke up. "DO you realize what you've done? I may not be perfect, but you sure as hell ain't either...by removing the trio you are dooming the world. You yourself won't be spared!"

"Don't be stupid. I am very sure the dog won't bite the hand that feeds, and I know I am not perfect, but I recognize my sin and do something about it. I will be blessed."

OOC: Sorry this is sorta stupid, I dunno. I think it's sorta interesting. lol, btw guys feel free to interact with the screen.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    ((Haaaa... This post is gonna be so crappy. XD Haven't written anything in a while. Oh, and anyone who gets the reference that's in her first line of dialogue wins a prize. :D))

It was as if some maniac had cloned the innards of a level within a video game that Fenton recalled playing during those carefree days upon One Island; the walls of the cave bedecked with blinking lights, luminous display panels and emitting a series of science-fictional beeps. Narrowing her eyes and frowning pensively, the girl toyed with the notion of there being brains within tanks stored at the back of the 'cave', causing herself to shudder and repeatedly glance behind them just in case a scientist happened to be lurking in the shadows armed with a scalpel, ready to harvest more for 'experimental purposes'. However, her endeavours to ascertain the safety of their cerebrums was scuppered by the voice that boomed from one of the many speakers affixed to the wall, drowing out the robotic whirrings and hums of the machines.

"Heh," Fenton scoffed, staring up at the screen displaying the image of the man, garbed in an ebony hood. "You're number fifteen?" She muttered inaudibly and then her shoulders lifted and relaxed, denoting a shrug. "What kinda name is 'Jean-Marcus' anyway? Are you supposed to be French or something? You don't talk with an accent." She seemingly held neither understanding nor consideration for the severity of the situation, though perhaps her demeanour was a masquerade for the fear spiralling about within her. Of course; negativity was mostly bottled away and a facade was created until she broke down. Such a thing was not going to occur at that moment, not if she had anything to do with it.

"Mmm... So you weren't always a psycho? Figures," the girl brazenly smiled to the concealed face, hands on her hips. "Only a psycho would try and do what you're doing. Kinda unoriginal if you ask me, but then again, kinda ironic. You're completely going against everything that religion teaches- at least the religion you're associated with anyway (unless you've created your own occult, which is different). I'm not religious myself, but I know some stuff...
    But I digress! I wanna ask you something JM," Fenton pouted, not allowing him to respond before she pitted her question to him. "Why go to all the trouble of hiding your face from us? Surely, you've plotted some grisly demise for us here, else you wouldn't have contacted us. Or are you like... Luke Skywalker's father? Someone that plays a key role in one of our pasts?"

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: IT'S ALIIIIIIVVVVVEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! (hopefully for a good long time...)

IC:
    Normally, Travis would have expected a person, who had just heard what Fenton boldly asked, to explode in anger. However, the hidden man merely laughed as if highly ammused. But it was no joy laugh, and it made Travis uneasy in areas.

He spoke.

"No I am not French. Are you Canadian? Why do I even need to reveal my face to you? If I had indeed planned some sort of demise for you, I would be a hypocrite. I do not resolve to violence...I let others do that for me."

Travis was confused as hell. Having others do violence for you was still violent. However he decided not to point that out.

"And you can see my face...when you are in hell."

Another violent remark. This guy had no idea what he was saying...

Travis decided to play along with this whole thing...no matter how uneasy it was.

"What's the 'new world?' "

The man chuckled darkly. "I'm glad you asked...the new world is a world with no knowledge of sin. Man shall no longer bear arms against his brother. Money shall be a thing of the past, as it consumes your soul and brews selfish violent thoughts. Men shall not treat women as if they were their sex toys. The new world will be...paradise."

"But you will have knowlege of these acts. Man is born sinful. No matter what you do, sin will be in this world forever."

"Sin is a choice. Man can choose to do what is right, or what is wrong. We will make sure, no man in the new world has to think twice..."

****Groundon's Perspect****

Insanity...rage....pain...torture.....

Cannot resist.........

Destroy....all.....

Groundon kept walking. His eyes were blaring with an maddening glare. He rarely even blinked. He didn't know what to do, or even how to do anything...he just did...yet there was something....something in his mind....or even out of his mind....it drove him insane....it told him what to do, even though it didn't sound much more than a simple beep or a patern of beeps.

And here they came again.......

Destroy....what?

Humans! In front of me!

Obliderate....human....resistance....

Groundon let out a mighty roar, as the earth started to tremble...

OOC: Interat some more...and Plan-B and Fia, you should post.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    (Aye, getting it up after a while~ I changed some of Zora's Pokemons' nicks, by the way~)

"My name is Allard. Allard Ainesworth. Like you, I have some knowledge of the Dies Irae. And you may have my assistance with Groudon, though I am unsure of how useful I will be." The young man responded as he shook Sylph's hand. She could hear some distrust in his voice, but figured she'd keep it quiet for now. Then, at once, Allard threw six Pokeballs into the air. Out came Dragonite, Houndoom, Lucario, Kingdra, Jolteon, and Typhlosion. Sylph looked them over, and noticed her own Pokemon were doing the same. But something seemed rather...odd. They resembled Raizel's Pokemon exactly. But yet again, Sylph didn't want to arouse the suspicious aura that floated around "Allard" already, so she turned her back and looked up at the sky.

Though there was nothing of interest (besides the clouds coming from Mt. Chimney), Sylph turned to hear one of the so-called "Purifists" speak. However, despite his constant explanations, Sylph couldn't get the name out of her mind. It pissed her off, seeing how they used the name "Purifists" as in "to purify". Michael and Wes of the Orre region were (technically speaking) Purifiers, and they did it for good. Though these guys seemed to mean to want to purify everything; Michael and Wes only specified in healing Pokemon.

But as she tuned out her anger and listened in, she learn the man's name was "Jean-Marcus" and that he was Canadian. Must be from Quebec... Sighing, Sylph walked on over to the rest of the ground, each her Pokemon beside her. She thought about switching out, but believed it to be pointless.

"Purifists, my ass," she told them straight out. "You make me sick. Just go home already, you bunch of lousy b*tches." Normally, Zora wouldn't swear too much unless she was angered. But Sylph was different. Her "don't-give-a-rat's-ass" attitude as Sylph was what made Zora Sylph. If "Allard" was really "Raizel", as Sylph suspected, then he did a good job covering up his true personality, much like Sylph was doing right now. As long as she didn't make anyone suspect she was Zora, she was fine...

(Bleh, kind of short, but as I'm in an IM convo. at the moment... XD)

Years
    OOC: Totally not late. Also, Luce says darn. It's cute.

She brushed the hair out of her face as the wind streamed past her. Luce breathed in deeply, savouring it; you didn't get a nice strong wind in Sootopolis often. It was still dark in the city, but she guessed the sun had already risen outside. Sootopolis only enjoyed the sun around midday, when the sun finally decided to visit their tiny hole of sky so high above. The city was softly lit by streetlamps, not that they were really streetlamps. No streets. All the houses, remnant silence from the night still blanketing them, were built on top of the rocky inner walls. Carved stairs led from one level to another, but the white rocky ground was otherwise not cultivated.

This was the only time of day where she could be alone. Soon the day would begin. She ran through her mental timetable to figure out what she had to do today. Thursday... Mrs. Galzinner would want help in her cafe throughout the morning. She would help unload the supplies that had arrived while she was in the cafe and deliver them to the appropriate places around the village at midday. She groaned to herself: back-breaking work in the only time of sun. In the afternoon, she would normally be cleaning people's houses. But today was different. It was Master Jack's 15th birthday and she would have to dedicate the afternoon to helping set the party up. She wondered what the parties were like; they were always noisy and seemed fun. She remembered going to a party once when she was much younger, but only vaguely. Something bad had happened then and she was never allowed to one again. If only she could remember.

Far above her, the Wingulls began to stir. Dawn had definitely arrived. The city would awaken soon.

Luce's eyes fluttered open. Her vision was still blurred from sleep, but she could make out the small PokeCenter light and desk. Did I... fall asleep? She suddenly sat bolt upright. Darn! She didn't have time to be sleeping. She wildly glanced around, looking for an indication of the time. Her eyes fell upon a window. There was no light outside, it must be night-time. Darn it! I was supposed to be in Mauville by now! She swung her legs out, off the bench she had slept on.

"You should rest." A voice from the shadows told her, "You're exhausted." She froze while standing up to acknowledge the nurse who was stepping into the meagre light.

"I told you, I have to go."

"Why?" Luce hadn't realised how tall the nurse was. She seemed to tower over the girl even from halfway across the room; she was coming closer. The way the night light of the Center fell, her face was in shadow.

"I... I have something to do. Something important." She answered. Luce tried to push herself to her feet... but couldn't. Her arms felt like lead.

"You should rest. You're exhausted." The nurse echoed herself. Without Luce noticing it, she was looming above her, face veiled in darkness. Something was wrong.

"I-I will... in Mauville... It isn't far from here...I can..." she found herself stammering. Darn, why am I so afraid? Something was really wrong. Her heart was screaming inside her, thrashing to get free. Somewhere, in the distance, a low rumbling wracked the earth.

She leapt to her feet.

Suddenly, the nurse fell upon her, hands fastening like vices on her arms. The force of her charge knocked Lucia back to the bench with a squeak. Her head knocked hard against the wooden table beneath her. At the moment of impact, the room changed. She stared up in shock at the bearded man snarling at her, his hot breath blasting her face. She watched the anger vanish from his eyes, replaced by a malicious look of triumph, his beard splitting to reveal his flashing yellowing teeth, unnaturally sharp. She screamed again.

The man was crouching over the grubby floor, hands clutching his face, blood oozing from between his fingers. Through those fingers and a cloak of blood, he glared at her... his eyes, an all-consuming insanity locked into two yellow orbs. She gave a shuddering gasp, turning to flee. She made a dash to the thick heavy door. But as she slammed into it, yanking as hard as she could on the metal rung used for a door-knob, it remained solid, impassable.

She flattened her back to the door, staring helplessly as the man rose ominously to his feet. Still clutching his face, he stumbled forward, clawing at her with his free hand. Closer...closer... She felt her legs give way as she slid to the floor. The room seemed to grow around her, threatening to engulf her like a tidal wave.

Luce gasped for air as she jumped out of sleep. There was a soft scrabbling and a short series of barks as Ko tried to regain his balance. He had been sleeping next to her and she had nudged him off the bench. Tyl gave a lazy twitter as she opened an eye blearily. Yoma chuckled echoingly as he too was quickly roused. His laughter was cut short at the sight of Luce's panic-stricken face. He swooped over to her shoulder to calm her.

Perhaps a floating skull wasn't what most people would consider comforting, but to Lucia it was a much-needed friendly face. She swept up Yoma in her arms, squeezing him tightly as she steadied herself.

Just...Just a nightmare. Just a stupid nightmare. She told herself. The light streaming in from the window told her the sun was still up... unusually bright. Was it morning? The sun was burning outside. The building around her suddenly began shaking violently. Utensils, stationary, anything on a table was bouncing up and down, drawn magnetically to the edge of their pedestals.
    "We have somewhere to be..." she whispered to her companions rather unnecessarily; there was no-one else in the room. She had no time. Another of those Pokemon, Groudon, had made its move.

"My! That was a shock wasn't...it?" The nurse stepped back into the waiting area. But there was no-one to be found. Dashing over to the window, she was just in time to notice a blue-haired girl slip into the darkness of the Rusturf cave.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: This will be rather short. Mostly because I'm rather tired...grad parties poop u out lol

IC

Jean-Marcus finished his sentence when all of a sudden, the volcano started rumbling. He chuckled.
    "And my friends, the time has come for our departre. I have a world to clean, and you have a date with the devi. I may not be French...but Au Revoir."

And the screen went blank. A roar was heard from outside. The shaking and rumbling intensified.

"I think we better go now..." Travis said.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    OOC: Terribly short, seeing how Allard zoned out and the only thing I can mention is Groundon.

Sylph's reaction sealed the deal, she must have been someone he knew. Someone recent too, judging by her actions and appearance. As far as he could remember, Allard/Raizel had never, ever seen somehow even close to the physical description of Sylph. The clothing was elaborate, the attitude was worse than his own. Judging by her small speech about the purists, something Allard had no opinion about, Sylph disliked cults and almost seemed people in general.

She turned away after examining my Pokemon as if she recognized them or something...is it possible? No way. She must be from the original group! Damn it! Dragonite must have given my identity away. I knew I should have switched him for someone else! All plans must fail after some time. But who is she? Obviously, she isn't a guy. So that knocks out about half the group. Now, unless I can spawn other people from my body and have other personalities I am not aware of, she isn't me. A small smile followed by a sudden laughter was released from Allard out of nowhere. The laugh was random and shockingly powerful despite the borderline idiotic origin. The laugh itself resembled the crying laughter that was released upon Fenton's crash to the ground in the lab only a few days back. That was random. A small, clearing cough finished the laugh and Allard returned to his originally composed stance. Seriously now, the only three possibilities that are present are: Luce, Zora and a truly separate individual and it is coincidental that she reacted this way. It cannot be Luce, seeing as Luce is too young to be that developed. Zora is a better option. She has a similar figure and her Pokemon acted like punks, especially that damn ghost. But why would she hide her identity like I am doing? I nearly killed people and pissed off the whole group. I needed an identity change to escape and possibly do something to save the world? She has no motivation to do anything remotely close to what I am doing. Plus, if she did change that much, she did a much better job than myself considering her Pokemon team is radically different as her physical appearance and newfound attitude. So, that leaves option 3 still open: The possibility of a newcomer. Perhaps, I should run a test then.... The combination of Raizel's experience and strong memory and Allard's ability to logically analyze managed to deduce the Sylph was one of two things: Zora in disguise or a newfound ally. If Sylph was in fact Zora, a parallel could be drawn between the two. Sylph acts in a different manner than Zora, much like how Allard acts in a different manner than Raizel. Where as Zora was fairly polite, Sylph is openly disrespectful. Allard acts like a gentleman, a noble if you will. Raizel is a brute in comparison. However, Sylph's possibility of being anonymous up until now has some evidence, as Zora has no motive for radically changing herself. So a simple action would give Raizel/Allard more information to work on.

"Ms. Ebony?" Allard asked in a innocent tone in an attempt to grab her attention for a moment. "May I ask you a question? I am not trying to be rude but you seem to be giving me a strange look. Do I remind you of someone you have met in the past?" Allard kept it simple. He eagerly awaited her response, as Groundon crept closer to Lavaridge. His roars became louder as he came into sight, staring down on Allard and Sylph with unfiltered rage.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    ((No clue how this'll turn out. Haven't written for a while~ Hey look. I'm noticing a pattern in my OOC posts. o: -gasp- ))

Fenton's teeth were clenched together, the girl hissing inwardly and shaking her head in disapprovement, short hair gently swinging and tickling her cheeks with the jaggedly-chopped, almost ebony coloured hair.

"Too late, JM," she sighed, folding her arms across her non-existant chest and staring off to the side, almost as if she were disappointed with his words. "You've already breached the hypocrisy line." It didn't occur to the girl that her tenacious snipes could endanger them- Fenton was more concerned with concealing the uncertainties fluttering about within her stomach like agitated butterflies, weaving her innards into uncomfortable knots that caused her to feel nauseated. With a wave of her hand to discard the subject she had been badgering him upon, she hearkened to his next, brief monologue. A snort burst from her mouth upon his declaration of women being treated like 'sex toys'. Yeah, because Fenton could totally relate to that, what with being an young adult in the body of a prepubescent child. Not that she wanted to be taken advantage of, but it was still relatively ironic in her opinion. However, the girl remained silent, not wishing to remind everyone (and herself) of her juvenile physical appearance.

"But you will have knowlege of these acts. Man is born sinful. No matter what you do, sin will be in this world forever. Sin is a choice. Man can choose to do what is right, or what is wrong. We will make sure, no man in the new world has to think twice..."

This time, her mouth opened once more, words spilling from her vocal chords. "Ooooh, goodie. A utopia where everyone is the same, with the same mindset and values, thanks to its creators. I can't wait," sarcasm oozed throughout her voice- Fenton even clasped her hands together in mock glee and followed the action with a rather un-ladylike hand gesture, just as the leader of the 'Purifists' vanished from their sight. Tremors seized the chamber in which they dwelt, an ominous growling emitting from the belly of the volcano.

"I think we better go now..."

"No duh," the girl raised an eyebrow up at their 'leader'. "I have no intention of staying in here and having a rock fall on my head, or the ground open up and swallow me whole." As she spoke, she reached for Absol's Pokeball and released the Disaster Pokemon, grabbing onto tufts of his white fur to pull herself upon his back. "See you around Lavaridge, okay? I won't stray too far, so don't worry that head of yours." Digging her heels gently into the Dark-type's flesh, Absol bounded off through the poorly lit tunnel they had traversed through, spurred on by the chaos within the fiery mountain.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    "Ms. Ebony?" Sylph turned around. It was Allard. "May I ask you a question? I am not trying to be rude but you seem to be giving me a strange look. Do I remind you of someone you have met in the past?" Figured. Of course he'd come to ask that sort of question. Sylph began to act like she was pondering the answer, and almost a minute after she started such thinking, she turned to Allard.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I ever met anyone like you before." She said it with a straight face. "However, I have seen such Pokemon plenty of times, but didn't think such strong ones would all be together with a trainer like yourself. You must be quite the decent trainer, Allard~" She smiled sweetly at him before turning to face Groudon. Heh, he probably suspects that I'm Zora. But, I know for a fact he's Raizel, he just won't say a word. But what's his motivation? Right. He probably nearly killed people, and he went somewhat paranoid at times. Pathetic. Hmm... My motivation? What was it again... I can't recall exactly... I guess I have no motivation for doing such a thing... Of course, who can believe that punkish Sylph is polite, easy-going Zora? Right, they're different characters. It's easy for someone to figured out Sylph is Zora inverted. Guess I should've tried covering it up better. Oh well, at least my entire team is different, unlike Allard's. Actually, I kind of like the name Allard more than Raizel, and I like his personality more. I think Zora and "Allard" would make a great match, and I suppose Raizel and Sylph would as well. To think that their personalities match up in such ways... Quite curious...

Sylph's thoughts were interrupted as the booming roar of Groudon shook the earth. It was heading closer. There was a chance Sylph - as well as the others - would face certain doom. But it wasn't time to give up yet. No, there had to be a way to defeat such a monstrosity. Ein and Rose could most likely handle the beast on their own, and Leif and Zora would also be able to help. Phoenix would only be able to use SolarBeam, and Hydra would own with her Water attacks. And to think this team wasn't even thought up as means to defeat Groudon. It was rather curious how it all turned out...

(Meh, kind of short, but I'm waiting for the plot to thicken juuuuuust a bit more =P)

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Travis nodded. "Carolyn, we better gett out too!"
    Travis knew Carolyn had her mode of transportation out of there, and he ran out of the volcano. Upon exiting, he saw the legendary Groundon. It was roaring and closing fast on the empty town of Lavaridge. The earth trembled even more. The quake grew. Gill, clenchd tightly to Travis' clothes. Travis thought quickly and got out Aerials' pokeball. In a flash of light, his pidgeot appeared. Travis got on and waited to see if Carolyn was getting out alright...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back