• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diet Drinks

How bad are diet drinks

• They're bad stuff

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • They're fine

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • O.K. but don't overdo it

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Not bad at all

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arcanemage

Arcanine at heart!
Years
  • How bad do you really think they are for you? Does anyone here on this forum have specialized information i.e. being a doctor or other method of knowing? I'd appreciate it because I like them too much in my opin.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    what i think about diet drinks: They're disgusting and nasty.
    i drank some diet coke the other day and it had the worst aftertaste >.>

Arcanemage

Arcanine at heart!
    Years
  • You all just have no taste. I know quality food! :p Jk but your taste buds get used to the taste after a while I guess.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • You all just have no taste. I know quality food! :p Jk but your taste buds get used to the taste after a while I guess.

Is that because the taste is so horrible they all die off until you can no longer taste it? Diet drinks taste horrific. Full sugar FTW!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I've tasted some before, and they're not that bad. That is, if you drink it once in a while. I could think of hundreds of beverage and drinks that could be better than their "diet" counterparts.

Does it even work?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Saying "drink/eat this and you will get slim/won't get fat" is blatantly counterintuitive; but none the less, diet anything exists simply to cater to the 'overwight middle-aged woman' demographic and/or similar. Some people do simply prefer it for taste, though.

How bad do you really think they are for you?
    Well, they're meant to be good (ie better than the standard version, not actually 'good' per se) so I'm not sure what hat you pulled that notion out from.

Years
  • Everyone knows diets don't work. It's nice to have a low-sugar (or low-sodium, or low-whatever) option for your food, but having diet soda is like having low-fat lard. Just don't have it.

Fun side note: a can of diet coke floats in water; a regular coke sinks.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Diet sodas are sweetened with a harmful substance called aspartame which is a neurotoxin.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Uhm. I honestly can't taste the difference between diet and regular drinks. lmfao.

Unless it's Dr. Pepper. I can taste the difference, and I prefer Diet. <3

Years
  • I go for the Diet bubbles faster than the regular stuff.

Diet 7UP, Diet A&W Root Beer, Diet Coke, Coke ZERO, Diet 'Dyspepsi' are what I enjoy.

Regular soda I like best is Schweppe's (sp?) Ginger Ale, Dr. Pepper, Canadian Mountain Dew, and whatever black cherry soda is lower priced.

I seriously miss Tahiti Treat.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • With the volume of carbonated sugar water I consume on a regular basis, I'm killing myself no matter what I choose. I'd rather kill myself quickly with the regular soda than slowly with the diet sodas. XD

...besides, the sweetener in Diet Coke is known to cause cancer in lab rats. >_>

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I think I'd rather go with water; you really can't go wrong. The only soda I can bear drinking anymore is Dr. Pepper, and I don't want to see how they butcher Dr. Pepper by taking the good parts of it out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    Do you drink only one or two diet sodas a day? You're probably good. They do cut the calories a touch. They can also increase your blood pressure and do have some of that sweet aspartame in them, which has had studies done linking it to brain cancer but not had anything massively conclusive. However, unless you're just going to town you'll be fine.

Also Diet Pepsi is delicious. Once you get used to it the regular stuff actually starts to taste terrible.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • I know some people at school that drink coke and company every day. I personally think it's bad if you abuse. But humans are like that, when they like something, they abuse of it. I don't drink a lot of, maybe once every 3 weeks or so.

Back