• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Different Names for Black and White?

Would you like to rename the Pokemon games?

• Yes

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I think they are fine as they are, nice and simple. And the mascots (Reshiram and Zekrom) also represent the colors Black and White. SO this is perfect as it also goes back to the first games with simple names like Pokemon Red or Pokemon Jade.
    Except Pokémon Jade is a hack. So is their version of Diamond, so people selling games on eBay surely love selling the hacked Diamond in place of the real one.

Cyclone

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I think Black and White were a great choice of names, they are colours, so it's the new beginning, they match the legendaries and they're as opposite as you can get. Plus there aren't really any other options, colours are running out and a gem would make the least amount of sense. I also feel words before the name should be saved for remakes.

Years
    If we look closer, we find :

Pokemon Gold / Silver
    Pokemon Hert Gold / Soul Silver

So, rename B/W is not necessary now, because it's an other story.

In some years when they want to make easy profits, they think about remake B/W and in this case, they rename it.

Why not Black Darker, White Lighter...

Perico

Ripper
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    Black and White are good names, I wouldn't change them. It looks like the colours have some kind of importance within the game now. Before, the names didn't stand for anything, just the names. They have a story now.

Obsidian (black), and Quartz (white)

That reminds me of Minecraft.

Black and White are perfect simplistic names for the game titles. If they were given a cheesy add on to the simple black and white, I don't think I would have liked that. HeartGold and SoulSilver were enough - and not to say that they are bad names, but I prefer simplicity.

In Europe (not in the case of UK), it was "Name of Gold/Silver in the language of the game + HeartGold / SoulSilver". It was way too ugly...
    It's something we've seen since the remakes of G/R/B, so every remake will look like that (prepare for the names of Ruby and Sapphire!).

Years
    Eh, I think it's perfect just the way it goes, and it completely ties in the whole "Yin and Yang" concept. Plus the little the nouns at the beginning like Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver are meant exclusively for Remakes so that you can tell it from the original. (:

Back