• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Series 6

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    After seeing a few more pictures, I can definitely see how these Digimon do fit the traditional aesthetic most of these monsters are designed with. I don't mind the way the human characters are designed because they're unique, Savers, as fresh as the designs were for this franchise, were still the generic dime-a-dozen anime designs, I wouldn't want to see that continue for too long.

A more recent series description mentions other tamers, so it's not like this kid is going to be the only one, probably just the only one within the first season (13 episodes) of the series.

As for the animation...what. Savers had some stupidly cheap animation at times and could be horribly off model. The previous series, while the animation wasn't always the best, generally looked clean.

Anywho, https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/digimon/ official site is up, hoping it airs on Sundays before Sentai so there will be a nice little two hour Toei block.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I don't mind the way the human characters are designed because they're unique, Savers, as fresh as the designs were for this franchise, were still the generic dime-a-dozen anime designs, I wouldn't want to see that continue for too long.
    Yeah, Savers' human character designs were more generic in terms of anime at large, but we are talking about the franchise here. I prefer Savers' character designs regardless if only because they're more detailed and interesting than the older series'.

A more recent series description mentions other tamers, so it's not like this kid is going to be the only one, probably just the only one within the first season (13 episodes) of the series.
    That's not very reassuring. I don't want to watch a whole thirteen episodes with no other important human characters than this guy. If he's as big of an ego as past protagonists, I can picture him being absolutely insufferable without any other characters to act as a foible.

As for the animation...what. Savers had some stupidly cheap animation at times and could be horribly off model. The previous series, while the animation wasn't always the best, generally looked clean.
    If Savers had "stupidly cheap" animation, then the earlier ones had brain-damagingly cheap animation. The increased fluidity of motion and the vibrant, refreshing visual style (for the franchise) in Savers made up for the occasional model inconsistencies.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah, Savers' human character designs were more generic in terms of anime at large, but we are talking about the franchise here. I prefer Savers' character designs regardless if only because they're more detailed and interesting than the older series'.
    Well, I'm certainly a fan of the character designs in Savers, but I do recall a lot of fans of the franchise being upset at them. Digimon has always had a unique aesthetic within the design of the monsters and the humans that you could tell right off the bat made it part of a specific franchise, that was out the window with Savers. Some people felt that it just made it another anime out there.

That's not very reassuring. I don't want to watch a whole thirteen episodes with no other important human characters than this guy. If he's as big of an ego as past protagonists, I can picture him being absolutely insufferable without any other characters to act as a foible.
    He's been described as a "kind child who does his best to help anyone he can", sorta reminds me more of Takato than anyone else. That aside, does it matter if he's the only human character? It means that the Digimon themselves will get better characterization, at least in the early parts of the series. Digimon can be pretty awesome with minimal and even no human characters, X-Evolution is a prime example of it.

If Savers had "stupidly cheap" animation, then the earlier ones had brain-damagingly cheap animation. The increased fluidity of motion and the vibrant, refreshing visual style (for the franchise) in Savers made up for the occasional model inconsistencies.
    I don't really see that here, it's always been obvious to me that Savers was probably the cheapest when it came to animation, save for a few moments. They couldn't even get basic lip flaps synced at first and that always bothered me. There were times when the animation could be off model in past series, but for the most part, everything was consistent and didn't look as sloppy as Savers could at times.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    The goggles! They do something! (Finally, they're back!)

Just found about the series today! Digital excitement is finally rekindled! (for now...).

As said previously, the main character (Taiki, as of now) is really reminiscent of Taichi (Tai) and Davis (seriously, to the point where I'm going to be saying aloud, "Where the heck is Veemon?" ). I thought he was going to be the son/descendant of either of them, mainly Tai...

The Digimon are starting to look really weird. That star-with-sunglasses things really looks weird. And a pink-Terriermon-ish Digimon... The orange-unicorn/wolf thing is the coolest-looking one, followed by Shoutmon (whose name I hope gets changed in the dub). Shoutmon's design still looks...forced a bit. And what the heck are all those fist-pumping triangular things? (poster I'm referencing is currently at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_Xros_Wars as of 04/28/2010).

I'm on the fence about the return of Greymon. While I'm stoked whenever a member of the Agumon line appears, I feel such returns diminish the 'exclusivity' of Digidestined/Chosen Children Digimon. Now we have 3 different Agumon-line members tied to 3 different Digidestined... In my adjusted view of Digimon, any Digimon that partners up with a human is the only one of its kind, so Tai's Agumon is the only one I accept in canon. Obviously, this manner of belief is contradicted in various Digimon incarnations, including:

Terriermon: 1 owned by Henry and Willis
    Agumon: 1 owned by Tai, Masaru, and (apparently) Taiki; multiple Agumon appear in Digimon Frontier
    Lopmon: 1 owned by Suzie and Willis
    Veemon: 1 owned by Davis; multiple Veemon appear in Digimon Frontier
    Gotsumon and Betamon: each one is owned by 2 different Digimon Tamers seen during Digimon Adventure 02's World Tour arc; multiple Monochromon and Seadramon (their respective Digivolutions) appear throughout the series

The underlined Tamers are the Digidestined who 'truly' own the Digimon (for Masaru's Agumon, I take it as that one being the Rookie form of Adventure 02's BlackWarGreymon being reborn and turned into a Vaccine Digimon. I know, a big stretch that may be very complex/confusing and contradictory...) Willis ruins it since his Digimon are also owned by other Tamers, but in the other cases a Digidestined's Digimon just has another appearance as a 'wild' Digimon...

OK, on-topic from my opinionated 'canon', I'm a bit excited for DNA-Digivolving taken to a new extreme, as it shows the series may be able to improve on past features. Hopefully, the Digimon look way better than they appear now... At least the humans are going back to the pre-Savers art style!

For titling, Digimon AROUND sounded a bit cooler than Xros Wars (plus Run Around could've been used for the English theme... :)) The spelling of Xros (Cross) in Digimon Xros Wars is a bit weird, but it's decent. It's better than the sound of Digimon: Data Squad, though (when Digimon "Heroes" was a perfectly viable candidate for names). Whatever, I'll just call the series Digimon AROUND: Cross Wars or some variant. But I really hope the English dub, title, and theme song are awesome this time around. We'll just have to wait and see...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I did a little analysis on a small youtube video :D :

tell meh what ya think!

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    New Info guys.
    New Info Guyz. said:
    Multi-page toy ad

Key points:

• The Digivice is the "Cross Loader"
    • It appears to Taiki in the real world and Shoutmon's voice comes from it, pleading for help
    • The Cross Loader gives Digimon the ability to "DigiCross", or combine

Additional images:

https://i47.tinypic.com/vylgdw.jpg
    https://i48.tinypic.com/sgs460.jpg
    https://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5264/53755756.jpg
    https://i45.tinypic.com/t8qd6r.jpg

There are clear headshots of the other human characters in the second image and they are visible in the third image.

Other heroes:
    Zenjirou Tsurugi (brown-haired male)
    Akari Hinomoto (red-haired female)

Villains:
    Kiriha Aonuma (blonde male)
    Nene Amano (brown-haired female)

Romanizations are subject to change and potential slight inaccuracies, as always.

Of the other Digimon seen in the common press image, the orange wolf is Dorurumon and the metal beetle is Varistormon.

Profile bitlets:

Taiki Kudou - A hot-blooded 7th grader who saves the weak. He fights with Shoutmon and is the main character.
    Akari Hinomoto - Taiki's childhood friend and one year younger than him. She worries about Taiki because he is always doing the unreasonable.
    Zenjirou Tsurugi - Taiki's classmate and kendo boy who proclaims to be Taiki's "eternal rival". He hates things that are immoral/injust.
    Kiriha Aonuma - 7th grader who leads and fights with Greymon. He eliminates enemies with cold and calculated methods, spreading the influence of his power.
    Nene Amano - A beautiful girl who leads a mysterious army. She appears to be searching for strong soldiers for a purpose, but...?

Cast:

Taiki - Minami Takayama
    Shoutmon - Chika Sakamoto
    Akari - Ryoko Shiraishi
    Zenjirou - Daisuke Kishio
    Kiriha - Takeshi Kusao
    Nene - Houko Kuwashima

The new female protag looks like they borrowed bits of Sora, Rika, and Jeri. lol
    Be honest, did anyone else get nightmare fuel in season 3 after seeing Jeri post-Leomon death?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    To be quite frank, I only liked seasons 1 and 2 of digimon so i probably wont watch this one.

On second thought this looks pretty awesome... When will it come to U.S.?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    To be quite frank, I only liked seasons 1 and 2 of digimon so i probably wont watch this one.

On second thought this looks pretty awesome... When will it come to U.S.?

Series 6

Its rubbish yet its at series 6
    -.-
    what a waste of half hour

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Better quality picture of characters.

Spoiler:

Hopefully Saban can buy digimon back. lol

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
    Well, I have seen the English versions of the first 5 series. I hope this Season 6 of Digimon will be just as good as the previous ones.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    This looks cool O.O

But chances are I wont watch it D:

But that new main Digimon is kinda scary T.T

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    what channel is it going to be on in the US? if i can't catch it then i'll for sure watch it online or something

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Well considering it hasn't been acquired by any studio yet...none would be a good answer. You'll probably have to download them. Though, hopefully Crunchy Roll will stream them.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Well, since Saban recently got Power Rangers back form Disney, maybe they will get Digimon back too, or maybe this series will be dubbed by FUNimation or somebody, we don't know, as we had to wait 2 years for Savers to come over here......

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I don't know why people are upset about the 3-faction concept. I mean, yeah. It's been done before in other animes, but Digimon has historically been more cut and dry about their villains. So it's a nice change of pace. Hopefully they give each faction enough air time and reason for being on the side they are.

My biggest concern is that this might end up being another Frontier.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    To be honest I stopped watching this show after the first movie. It was a good show but imo nothing that the show can do now will top that movie.

Also Lopmon and Terriermon are the best. No other Digimon can top them for me, so to me, the series has ended.

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    To be honest I stopped watching this show after the first movie. It was a good show but imo nothing that the show can do now will top that movie.

Also Lopmon and Terriermon are the best. No other Digimon can top them for me, so to me, the series has ended.

So you haven't seen season 3?!! It has a lopmon and a terriermon in there!!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Actually, all the original digimon partners are making an appearance in the new series. Something about making up the mythology of the new series or something.

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Actually, all the original digimon partners are making an appearance in the new series. Something about making up the mythology of the new series or something.

Can we get Sauce/link please?

Back