• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulinferno

Bandit
Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Season 1 was decent, Season 2 was really good, I hated Season 3 with a passion, and Season 4 was my favorite.

I think you have season 1 confused with 2 and season 3 confused with 4.

Season 1 was infinately better than season 2 and season 3 demolished every other season. Season 4 was the worst I hated that with a passion. thats my opinion/

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    I don't understand why people hated Season 3 and Season 4 so much. D:

I mean, I know a lot of people hated the fact that partner Digimon were gone in Season 4, but I still loved it. o.o And Season 3 was just awesome. @_@ It had great characters, an excellent story.. what's not to like?

I loved season 3 I thought it was the best of them all though I hated season 4 I though the storyline and characters all sucked.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • Who cares what came first! The manga series with the tiny robot (whose title escapes me at the time being) came first!

I liked Digimon while all my friends hated it, because it "copied off of Pokemon". They even made a parody of the theme song. I secretly watched the first season everyday at four. I also didn't like the fourth season. It just didn't feel the same.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Digimon and Pokemon are two very different franchises. Neither copied the other, okay? And even if one did, it doesn't really matter and it's not a good reason for hating either series. D:

Adventure and Tamers were the best. Especially Tamers. But my favorite Digimon, Raidramon, is from 02. :D

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
  • Tamers was the best >_> I actually got bored of it at tamers when I was 8 though because thats when I got..A GBA!! 8D So I liked pokemon more. A few years later, I watched an entire season re-run of tamers. I was like..HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS!? O_O Awesome story. D-reaper ftw XD

Hikari318

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Well, I don't like Tamers that much... I mean, yes, I like it, but it's my least favourite of the 3 I've watched ^^
    I haven't seen 04 and 05.

I used to not think very highly of 02, but ever since I saw it in japanese (and discovered how much it was ruined by americans [no offence to american people here]), it became my favourite. I swear, it's really different. I could go on a 3 pages rant about how they changed the dialogues to make the characters sound stupid, and all the "violence" that was edited, making the story lose its deepness, but I don't think you need that ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I love Digimon! The anime is awesome, and compared to the Pokemon anime it's much better in terms of quality, story and characters, I think. And they just keep getting better for me, Tamers was awesome and the newest season I think is the coolest.

Years
  • The Digimon anime series I agree does has the better plotline. Seeing as the Pokemon anime tends to recycle its plotline quite a bit by doing the same stuff over and over again. While Digimon cooks up something fresh each time, with new characters each time etc.

What Pokemon seems to be lacking now is character Development sure Ash got more mature in the 5th season but what about now and the other characters?:\.

Digimon I'd say in my opinion has the better at doing anime however I think the pokemon games are better than the Digimon games.

Digimon Season 1 &2 are my favorites out of the series:).

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • XD
    Season One Was Great
    Season Two Was FAB-U-LOUS *clicks fingers*
    I Loved Season 3 YAY Tamers :( Even if some where abit cruel
    Season 4 Was OK but thats it really.

T.k , Kari And Davis In S2 Reminded me alot of Myself Angie and Josh
    Me and Angie wher elike best friends from year 3
    Then We went to comp and all of a sudden This Boy Named Josh Seemed to Like Angie. Much Like Davis liked Kari xD
    So me and Angie decicded to wind him up like T.k and Kari Did. His Face would go red everytime bless him. S3 Was great, xD I still have there Digivice somewhere xD

Spinda

Shiny Spindas!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2007
    DW2003 is pretty spectacular in my opinion. I love the cutesy sprites...

Tamers was my favourite season hands down. The new Data Squad seems to be better though.

kuku-melon

carbonero
    Years
  • Well, I've only wathced seasons 1 and 2, and I simply loved them. Season 1 was simply great, however season 2 was very dissapointing since it was made with the leftovers of season 1. I think that digimon is a much better series than pkm since it has a real and interesting plot unlike pkm which only consists of a world that has pkms instead of animals and the `entertainment´ is to watch how people interact with those pkms and use them for fighting.

Years
  • I only watches seaon one and two, the third I watched half of and we never got any more after that, which was annoying because I loved Digimon and I hate watching them on youtube, so I dunno what to do now really other than get a multirgiondvd player or something like thatlol.But I did love them and I do want them on DVD somehow lol.

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    Digimon came first. V-pets were out before Pokemon =P

Lugia LoveLust

Lugia Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    I prefure the Digimon anime to the Pokemon one.
    As like everybody's been saying Digimon has a plot & has more surprises
    But i like the Pokemon games alot more then Digimon ones
    I think the Pokemon games are alot more challenging & take longer to complete.
    I personally like season 1 & 2 of Digimon, as the digidestend have digimon partners and i like the baddies alot more in them.

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    Wikipedia is your friend. V-pets came out in 1997, Pokemon Red and Green came out in 1996.

Wikipedia is an open source that everyone can edit; I'm not sure exactly on the date, but it's between 1993 - 1995; or even 1996. 1997 is when it was probably released outside of Japan, which they did release the mini's.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • Wikipedia is an open source that everyone can edit; I'm not sure exactly on the date, but it's between 1993 - 1995; or even 1996. 1997 is when it was probably released outside of Japan, which they did release the mini's.

Lol, that's impossible since Tamagachi came out in 1996, and V-pets were made as it's successor one year later. I'm a kid off 90's, I think I'd would know when fads started in that decade.

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    Lol, that's impossible since Tamagachi came out in 1996, and V-pets were made as it's successor one year later. I'm a kid off 90's, I think I'd would know when fads started in that decade.

Find a real source that isn't Wikipedia, then we'll talk. I grew up with Digimon and Pocket Monsters, and I fail to see how either would rip off each other anyway, they aren't similar in anyway. What, just because they involve monsters? Well, I'm sorry that Yu-Gi-Oh/Monster Rancher/and all other shows in the "Monster Collecting" genre ripped of of said show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back