• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

digital vs physical

Years
  • For music, I prefer digital music over physical CDs, as it takes up less room in a house and they aren't a hassle to open, not to mention if I see something on iTunes that I want I can often just get it quick.

But for movies, books (lol), etcetera those are what I prefer to get physically. I don't know how i'd feel about reading digitally, but I guess that would work decently as opposed to having to hold a book. (Not that I see myself getting one anytime soon...)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Both, if I plan to buy a full album on iTunes or any media outlet, I gotta have a physical copy with me. I did this with the past three Pentatonix albums. :D

In terms of books or anything that constitutes as reading material, I prefer physical. No matter what.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I like my things to be tangible for the most part. If I can touch it, I'd always have it no matter what happened on the internet. I even enjoyed that 'DLC' was more or less an 'Expansion Pack' in the golden age of PC gaming. Once DRM came into effect, it ruined it for everybody. Not only did it not stop the Jolly Rogers of the world, but it hurt consumers more than they thought it would, and since they can't think of something else we're the ones stuck footing the bill while the pirates 'yo, ho, ho' their way to freedom.

Karajan

I prefer physical copies over digital. I can't really stand reading books on screens. It makes it hard. Plus, I know that I won't lose them if they service shuts down or something.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I prefer physical books. Anything digital is harder for me to follow at times. I can't even watch anime online anymore. My attention span is still rather short when it comes to stuff like that. It's probably because I'm just used to the physical sense of books. However, I do like it when you can read something online and have a tablet (like my iPad) read to you.

Music is kind of a mix of that though. It depends on how much I love the song and how much I want it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Digital, I haven't payed for music since '08. Why should I pay for music, when I can use Youtube, Spotify, etc and get it for free?

Years
  • I prefer my music to be physical, because I started with physical albums so I just continued the trend. Also, I know how unreliable online services and computers are, just a few months ago I had to factory restore my laptop, had I not had my digital music backed up on my external I would have lost everything. With physical albums, I literally have zero chance of loosing my music since it's all organized on a bookshelf.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • My music is all digital, but, no matter what people say, digital will never feel as special as physical. I remember my sister had a Guns 'n' Roses CD and the cover had all the lyrics for the songs and pictures of the band. The most you can get with digital is scans, which feels like throwaway stuff. Humans like shiny things they can touch.

Digital, I haven't payed for music since '08. Why should I pay for music, when I can use Youtube, Spotify, etc and get it for free?

Because Youtube quality is shit and people may tamper with the songs to bypass the copyright filter. Get some FLACs or MP3@320 at least. Tons of torrents out there.

#DickBats

Oliver Queen
    Years
  • Music*, Movies* - Digital
    Tv shows*, Movies(If Blu-ray),Video Games, Books*, Comics* - Physical

* If low on money, discard and put it on the the torrent list

Back