• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Disappointments with the 5th Gen Thus Far?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    im not that impressed overall with the starters, i just hope their evolutions are cooler. i love the new battle system, i was speechless when i first saw the clip, made me want to play now.

Years
  • Something you have to think about there is that they have to make walking sprites for every single Pokémon there is, which would take a while to sprite and program, and they also wouldn't want to accidentally reveal Pokémon in early videos. My money is on the idea that there will be Walking Pokémon. We just haven't seen them yet.

This quote somes it up. So stop complaining about this k?

I realy don't have any dissapointments (yet) I mean the game has yet to even be fully revealed who knows whats in store

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • This quote somes it up. So stop complaining about this k?

I realy don't have any dissapointments (yet) I mean the game has yet to even be fully revealed who knows whats in store
    ... i feel like i've repeated myself a bit too many. but anyway... they probs wont put the walking feature in, as its a ds. it cant take everything. u cant keep on stuffing stuff into it. with the adition of new graphics, more sprites for battle as they are moving now, there aint any room for the walking feature, especially when their is going to be more pokemon and the graphics have changed.
    my complaint is that i felt they rushed this generation. i mean in the year they first released the new pokemon, they have the games? its cool but i wished they waited a bit longer so that it could come out on the next gen handheld. as somebody said earlier, the ds is coming to its end of its life-span.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I don't think there is anything wrong with the 5th Gen so far. All the screenies have shown nothing but improvement since past games. I for one love the currently revealed Pokemon, the more in depth 3D, the two protagonists, the fact that Pokemon aren't static during battles and the battles in general. I believe that Black and White are going to be just as big milestones in the Pokemon franchise as any other game has been so far.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i really only have one complaint because i havent really seen enough of the games to know what i like and dont like. the only thing i dont like from the few screenshots we have got is that there are no pokemon following you. i have waited since yellow and they finally bring it back and now it looks like its gone again :( oh well the rest of the game looks amazing.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Thus far, the only disappointment I have is that a Pokemon has not been shown following the trainer, even though it is not 100% confirmed... the feature made the games feel less lonely and more personal.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Follow Me feature not being confirmed yet. Though, I'll understand if they don't have it. Besides that, Mijuramu. Seriously T__T

Years
  • honestly, i just hope they don't make any annoying ones like that Piplup.

that martyr is a bad nuisance to children and should be thrown in prison for being created!

*Let's Cross our claws and hope for the best.*

livelyhans

Verdanturf Town Trainer
    Years
  • i'm really bad-surprised... with the next 5th gen...appeared... they didn't make us satisfied...with this generation...i'm disappointed especially with the da back sprites in battle..... and the all the starters...... u know what.. when Zoroa and Zoroark published.. i really love it...i think the starters will be perfect as Zoroark...but i hate instead of happy...that's the negative point.. and about the positive point.. hmm.. i like when the character walkin' around the city.... i watch it via youtube.. it's cool.. okay.. i thnk overall is 60.....

Last edited:

15ares

My jimmies remain unrustled.
    Years
  • whats up with the pokemon designs? they look like they were designed by six year olds, like many pokemon from gen 4 (bidoof XD). i like zoroarks design, the 3d, and a new region to explore. i also like the feeling of anticipation for these games coming up =D

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Man, so much hatin' on the starters. :( I actually think they're all pretty cute.

I'm not going to pass judgment on a game that's barely been released, and I highly doubt there's a lot they could do that would make me go "This is a terrible terrible premise" short of, uh, getting rid of the whole...Pokémon part of Pokémon.
    Whether or not they implement the Follow Me feature isn't exactly game-breaking imo. Sure, it's cute, but it's not like it added a whole new aspect to the game that made it so much more interesting.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I am terribly disappointed in 2 of 3 of the starter sprites.
    I like the grass one, unbearably cute IMO.

Though I'll get over it like I got over the look of Turtwig, Prinplup and *shutters* ugh... Carnivine...

Though I would only truly be disappointed in this game if the main points of the game were LARGE CITIES.

I like forests and routes and mountains and quiet villages as much as teh next person.
    AS WELL as I absolutely love cityscapes, but if it's all cities, no... middle of nowhere scenarios... I'll be sad.

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
  • IMO Pokabu and Mijumaru are retarded.
    I know who I'll be starting out with >.<;;

Maybe their final evolution will make me think again about how silly their designs are.

But that's just my opinion, not hating on others people love for
    the otter with a flacid penis on it's tummy Mijumaru and Pokabu.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • the otter with a flacid penis on it's tummy

We have kids on this site thank you very much.
    Though me quoting it in big red letters probably doesn't help that much...

I thought of another thing that would be disappointing...
    Guys...

guys

Guys.

Guys listen.

I have the worst ide

guys listen

I have the worst idea ever

guys
    What if they'll put WINGS

guys

wings

What if they'll put WINGS
    guys listen here

What if they'll put WINGS... on their BACK legs.

Can you imagine it, a flying type with wings on the back legs...
    Imagine a reverse Gligar...
    *shutters*

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I don't really got complaints but I don't like the way they've merged the pokecenter in a huge skyscraper, It kinda looks lame and unrealistic.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I don't really got complaints but I don't like the way they've merged the pokecenter in a huge skyscraper, It kinda looks lame and unrealistic.

What about the Pokemon Center's in real life?
    They look totally out of place and unrealistic, but hey, they are noticeable and easy to spot from a distance, making it easy to heal up before a battle.

(That and in real cities, you'll see restaurants and stores on the bottom floors of huge skyscrapers, they look totally out of place and unrealistic, but that's real life...)

I guess that is what pokemon is doing now though... trying to be more realistic...
    They've even started trying to appeal to an older crowd, by making the protagonists look like teens.

WHERE IS THE ACNE, I WANNA SEE SOME ACNE ON THOSE TEENYBOPPERS!!!

In any case, Pokemon seems to be on a downhill slope, but who knows, maybe in a year and a half when this game hits the US I'll be one of those crazed fans willing to break into a gamestop just to steal a copy before release...
    >__>
    <__<

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I can't stand any of the starters.

They're probably gonna make far too many legends again. (I think there are now over 30 legendaries, they might come close to doubling that number in Gen 5)

Surely they could have called them something better than Black and White, I think Ebony and Ivory would be nicer choices.

Why... WHY IS THERE A POKEMON CENTRE ON THE BOTTOM FLOOR OF A HUGE SKYSCRAPER? Have somewhere to heal your Pokemon inside if neccecary, but they didn't have to ruin the design of the building by putting in a tiny out of place Pokemon center.

Also, Team Rocket probably won't be making a comeback for this generation, and even if they did they'd probably be pushovers again...

Remember when cacthing 150 Pokemon seemed like a HUGE task? It looks like those days are gone forever...

Back