• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Disappointments with the 5th Gen Thus Far?

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Honestly, don't like the game to turn into 3D, it will be much heavier n much more complicated to play :(

Years
  • Black's version mascot.
    Everything else I've seen of Gen V looks awesome to me. <3
    Edit: Hey, wait, what? The white one is the Black mascot? I'm so confused. @.@ Pokémon.com is messing with my brain.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Since I'm from Generation I player, i'm totally dissapointed with the version mascot. The version Mascot somehow are too digimon like. Cool for the eyes, but not satisfy the need of a pokemon unique charm. Each generation legendary retain a special charm even legendaries in D/P/PT still have it. But now, i'm disappointed that Pokemon gradually loss its special charm.
    The starter also "doubtful"

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • The grass and water starters look like they were put together at the last minute, especially the water one. Also, the legendaries are completely boring altogether.

The 3-D thing might work, as long as they dont smack you around too much with it. I agree, it does look like an old ps2 graphic at times. The big city thing....well, I dont like it now, but, who knows. Maybe I'm just being stubborn.

Maybe we can finally get an Electric/Dark type now? [/hope]

Years
  • For now just the water starter, it's just an uber fail.
    The rest of the game seems to be A-Ok, specially the white legendary

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Since I'm from Generation I player, i'm totally dissapointed with the version mascot. The version Mascot somehow are too digimon like. Cool for the eyes, but not satisfy the need of a pokemon unique charm. Each generation legendary retain a special charm even legendaries in D/P/PT still have it. But now, i'm disappointed that Pokemon gradually loss its special charm.
    The starter also "doubtful"

I am completely with you. When I was much younger pokemon was one of the coolest things ever. I loved every single pokemon from #1-386 (Kanto to Hoenn in case you didn't know) and enjoyed every version from Generation I-III. But now starting with DPPT I have seen a change in the pokemon games that I once knew. Most designs for pokemon since then have had a very digimon-ish look in my opinion and I just couldn't like them as much. I don't know, it may just be me . . .

Years
  • I can be a bit too pessimistic/cynical at times about new games, but here we go. I'm not particularly fond of the 3D they have going right now, since from the shots of walking around the circular bay town, things look a bit...dizzying. The legendaries look a bit too much like gray-scale Dialga and Palkia. Zoroark's design looks positively awful, but since that's only one Pokemon, I'll have to wait for more design releases before making a final judgment on this generation's Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The only disappointment I have thus far are the overdone Pokémon that look more like Yu-Gi-Oh cards than anything. Like all of the Pokémon shown in this screenshot. Seems to me like they're going through with the more humanoid looking Pokémon; sort of like they did with Generation III.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The only disappointment I have thus far are the overdone Pokémon that look more like Yu-Gi-Oh cards than anything. Like all of the Pokémon shown in this screenshot. Seems to me like they're going through with the more humanoid looking Pokémon; sort of like they did with Generation III.
    But generation 1 had many humanoid pokemon too, Alakazam, Machomp, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Rhydon, Mewtwo and their families! So new Humanoid pokemon weren't new in generation 3 or 4.

bookauthor1123

Uhm....24?
    Years
  • so far the only thing I can say I'm 100% disappointed in is the new Region Map. To me it's the outlier for the other regions. Like that guy who brings his son on Bring-Your-Daughter-To-Work Day.

It looks to far off from the others, in that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all have a quick and easy-ti-tell resemblance to a major city in Japan, and Ishuu or whatver the official name is, doesn't really look like much to me. Plus the way the map looks, I'd prefer it to e a little more grasslandish and not too, man-made buildings that take all the room for the pokemon.

That is just one of the problems I see, I'm sure there'll be more...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • The biggest dissapointment (and my biggest complaint) is that Zorua is event only, now I will proabably never get one, thanks a lot for screwing the fans AGAIN Nintendo.....

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    so far the only thing I can say I'm 100% disappointed in is the new Region Map. To me it's the outlier for the other regions. Like that guy who brings his son on Bring-Your-Daughter-To-Work Day.

It looks to far off from the others, in that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all have a quick and easy-ti-tell resemblance to a major city in Japan, and Ishuu or whatver the official name is, doesn't really look like much to me. Plus the way the map looks, I'd prefer it to e a little more grasslandish and not too, man-made buildings that take all the room for the pokemon.

That is just one of the problems I see, I'm sure there'll be more...
    The thing about that is that Isshu is far away from the other regions, as it's already previously been confirmed.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The new Pokemon. I really hate to be a new-Pokemon basher, but although each generation has improved the gameplay massively, the Pokemon themselves... I think they've gone downhill, to say the least. This latest set... I know the screenshot doesn't give the greatest quality, but they look like Fakemon done in MS Paint. That Mantis thing wouldn't look out of place in Pokemon Quartz.

EDIT: Oh my God I missed some, It gets worse!

Disappointments with the 5th Gen Thus Far?

Pictured: Ugliest things ever

Seriously, what is that green floating thing even supposed to be?

Back