• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Glee

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Last night's episode, "Never Been Kissed" was probably my favorite episode this season. I liked the set-up of how everything played out as well the given message throughout the show.

Katy Perry's, "Teenage Dream" was played out well.

Plus, there was an OMG moment I didn't see coming that caught me off guard. ;)

Years
  • I loved last night's episode. It definitely gave me hope for future episodes of Glee.

However, I wish Will would stop being such a creeper. It's not funny anymore. :(

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Haven't posted here in a while ;o

I loved Never Been Kissed. Tina doing the Coach Beiste thing *Shudder* XD;

Livin' on a prayer/Start me up was incredible IMO.

Substitute was an all right episode, Although I didn't care much for the songs, except Umbrella/Singing in the rain which has grown on me <3

Spoiler:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Tonight's episode is why I freaking love Finn and Cory Monteith in general: Awesome show by his character, good acting, and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA love him. But in general, this episode was just amazing by itself: The actual wedding was amazing (And I loved the New Directions version I Want to Marry You), the whole concept with Sue marrying herself just made me laugh. But AAAAAAAAAAA KURT WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!!! RAGEEE!!! (In all seriousness, kind of saw it coming, but still AAAAAAAAAAAA....)

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • Karofsky was hella creepy in this latest episode. The way he slided his finger down Kurt's chest... taking the wedding cake figure from him, and then saying thanks, with that creepy smile on his face... geez. I felt the fear on Kurt's face. Totally captured the emotion there. Kudos to both Chris Colfer and Max Adler.

Marry You was an awesome scene. Best song and performance from Furt IMO. Quinn's part in the song was really great. Got goosebumps all over. xD

Sue's wedding dress is made of win.

Kurt's transfer to Dalton Academy was -the- plot twist of the season for me. Can't wait for Sectionals!

Perriechu

Years
  • This has to be my favorite episode of Season 2 so far, sectionals will take its place.

The episode had amazing songs, I was impressed that Mike got a scene to his self in a way (Karofsky incident)

And when he pushed Mike into Artie and he fell, I was like Wtf 0.o Puck should of jumped in >:|

What Finn did at the wedding was adorable, FURT. The dancing for Marry you, made me laugh, especially Carol and Burt's XD;

At the end when Kurt said he was leaving my heart sunk ;~; But when Mercedes just said "Kurt" and had that look on her face, I started crying. :/

Next episode is Sectionals :D

I cannot bloody wait for this episode :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Just got finished done watching Glee's Christmas Special. I don't want to get into much detail in case I ruin any spoilers for anyone reading this before they've gotten a chance to see the episode as of yet. But, this is probably another one of my favorite episodes from this season. The character's role were actually all well played out. There was no, "Ugh, I can stand you!" moment, okay maybe just a tad, but overall the episode was very touching. It makes you really get into the holiday season.

I just found it funny how the recap of the previous episode didn't cover New Direction's sectional cover. The episode last week wasn't well formulated at all, but maybe that's just me.

Sigh, I guess that cuts it until next year when it starts airing again. ):

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Oh my gosh, how did I ever miss this thread?!

I love love love Glee! My favourite character is (obviously) Kurt, with my favourite songs being Defying Gravity, Don't Stop Believing (regionals), Forget You, Teenage Dream and Just The Way You Are.

In Australia we hadn't seen Special Education or the Christmas episodes yet, they've just been playing repeats which totally suck!

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • My mother and sisters are obsessed with this show.

I HATE it with a passion. See, I am a guy who lives a strong life when it comes to music. And if you're gonna cover a song, you gotta do a good job. The first time I heard their version of 'Don't Stop Believing,' I was done with them. A). I have heard enough Journey to last me the rest of my life. Their music is overplayed. And B). I HATE how they took out the piano part and did vocal parts. Didn't fit at all.

And I see them taking music that I enjoy, like AC/DC, and Van Halen, and just destroying it. It's jsut not good.

Not my show. I mean if you enjoy it, good for you, but yeah. My opinion has been spoken. I will go crazy if they ever touch Megadeth or Alice in Chains, or any of my favorite bands...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Christmas episode was good! I love that Finn isn't backing down (though that look he & Rachel shared over the Christmas tree probably hints they're getting back together soon, ugh). I'm glad he stood his ground and didn't give her a chance because she doesn't deserve it. UGH RACHEL IS MAKING ME SO ANGRY THIS SEASON. Loved Coach Beiste's gift though. That part brought tears to my eyes. ;~; And did anyone else find it a bit weird that they go so out of their way to point out that Rachel and Puck are Jewish in other episodes yet the only mention of it in this one was Rachel saying that she didn't usually celebrate Christmas? :s I kind of expected they'd make a big deal out of it, not that I care either way. But still. Strange.

Is anyone else really bored with Kurt and... whatshisface? I forget the character's name. Whichever guy is played by Darren Criss. His potential love interest or whatever. They have like no chemistry on screen. D: It's so disappointing because I love Criss and wanna see more of him but not if it's gonna be as boring as it has been. Kurt & Sam had better chemistry, imo and that's a little sad. :(
    I HATE it with a passion. See, I am a guy who lives a strong life when it comes to music. And if you're gonna cover a song, you gotta do a good job. The first time I heard their version of 'Don't Stop Believing,' I was done with them. A). I have heard enough Journey to last me the rest of my life. Their music is overplayed. And B). I HATE how they took out the piano part and did vocal parts. Didn't fit at all.

And I see them taking music that I enjoy, like AC/DC, and Van Halen, and just destroying it. It's jsut not good.

Not my show. I mean if you enjoy it, good for you, but yeah. My opinion has been spoken. I will go crazy if they ever touch Megadeth or Alice in Chains, or any of my favorite bands...
    A) Well, I guess if you listen to music from sources that would play Journey a lot, yeah, it'd be overdone. But same with any music depending where you listen though. :( The series does lampshade this later on when it keeps implying that their teacher always makes them sing Journey songs and other 80s rock.

B) It's a Glee club. D: They're supposed to use their voices above all else. I thought it worked really well but it honestly sounds like a matter of taste for you. Just because it ruined the song for you doesn't mean it did the same for everyone else.

Perriechu

Years
  • Special Education was amazing <333 Sam, Quinn and Santana just owned them songs :D

Then Mike and Brittany's dancing was fabulous, especially Britt, since she was in heels :0

The Christmas show was good as well Not as good as S.E though :x I loved the ending part with Artie and his Machine thing <333 And Bieste. :0 She's gonna be awesome.

I felt sorry for Rachel in this 'sode, she's actually trying to get Finn back but he won't have her. :| Although it was her fault to begin with. >:0 I wish Kurt & Blaine would hurry and get it on already well, kiss at least :<

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • ....I love Brittany. and Heather Morris.

I just finished watching the substitute episode.
    I love the sub and the butter thing, especially when Artie's like
    "Oh What the Hell?!"
    and Britany, i always love Brittany

...and I'm a guy... but I still love glee :P

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Strangely enough, I like the show.

It's not exactly one of my favourites, but as far as the first season is concerned it's well written show with some extremely talented performers.
    The second season started on a bad foot; the scripting was poor and I did not go for any of it, but I think it's getting better.

As far as "loving it or hating it" is concerned, the haters bother me so much more than the fans ever could.
    People like the show for its quality. It actually IS well written and the songs ARE well done, whether they suit your exact tastes or not.
    People who hate it just seem ignorant, or as if they're trying to hard to not conform to the crowd. It's not exactly "overrated" just because you don't like something, remember. The show deserves its fans.
    The other crowd of people who seem to voice their negative opinions of this show seem to be homophobes; "Singing and dancing is for ******s what a gay show!!" and so forth.

Regarding the lip-syncing thing. To be blunt, of COURSE it's lip-synced and you'd be stupid to suggest any other way of doing it.
    It's a professionally produced show, and having the singers perform the song in the studio, and then overlaying it on them performing the song in the scene, results in a HUGE audio quality lift.
    Not to mention they hardly "badly lip sync," considering they're lip-syncing to their own singing and they're all more than capable of doing it well. Bear in mind they're probably actually singing during the recording too.

Years
  • I actually love Glee. I don't know how I'm going to survive until February without a new episode ;_;

I've been playing my Glee songs over and over to get by

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:

yay! brittany pics :D !
    off this tumblr for glee, kinda funny :)

Back