• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Years
  • Hell yeah, finally someone who plays Dissidia in PC!!! I use Cloud, and completed the whole Shade Impulse with him alone (he's at level 100 btw). I'm training Squall now, his combos in the higher levels are freaking sweet. I hate Sephiroth though, he just spams the same freaking sword skill over and over.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I want it sooo bad, one of my best friends got it on Friday and even uploaded clips on Youtube too. He says he'll let me play it in school during one of our free periods tomorrow... He better if he wants to live XD

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Got it on friday.
    Been playing it since. I have to say, I'm highly impressed. And, much like your friend, I have also uploaded clips to youtube :D.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • FFFFFFFFF I need a PSP now.
    MGS:PW, Dissidia, Gran Turismo, Rock out with Hannah Montana...There are so many games to look forward to!

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • how did you get them that high is this the same version on the psp?

Dissidia has the ability to save battle replays then export them as high-quality .avi files. Which, I can then take from my PSP, put them onto my computer and upload them to youtube.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Was playing the Japanese version awhile back. Playing the English version now. The story is so gay though. Camera angle is pretty whack too. Also, I hate they gave Cloud his gay emo personality he had in Advent Children. Other then those, and the grinding, it's a great game for a PSP. Though if it was on the PS2 or 3, it would be mediocre at best.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Would anybody with this game recommend it by any chance?
    It looks good, and yesterday I even contemplated going out and buying a psp/memory stick + Dissidia because I was bored, but I felt like it may not have been worth it. D:

I just don't want to buy yet another fighting-type game that I'm going to be bored with within 5 days...

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Would anybody with this game recommend it by any chance?
    It looks good, and yesterday I even contemplated going out and buying a psp/memory stick + Dissidia because I was bored, but I felt like it may not have been worth it. D:

I just don't want to buy yet another fighting-type game that I'm going to be bored with within 5 days...

Well, I think an important part of enjoying this game is knowing where the background: where the characters come from. A large portion of the fun of the game is nostalgia and hidden references; I myself have gone through II, IV, VI, some of VII, and IX. When you have a general understanding of who everyone is, the story and jokes fit together much better (Tidus: What's a SeeD? Are you a tree, Squall?).

As far as the combat goes, it's like a cross between "Monster Rancher 2" and "Super Smash Bros. Brawl", with a touch of "God of War" (cinematic button-pressing).

After a solid week of playing, I will tell you this: this game takes a long time to complete: there are hundreds of Accomplishments, [at least] 20 Stories, and nearly 1000 items. The only problem is that some aspects (particularly Trade Items/ridiculously low Battlegen rates) require heavy grinding to work through. To counter this, Dissidia has an internal calendar and gives you a random daily bonus, such as increased XP or Gil.

Regarding your choice, the PSP itself is a pretty nice system, so I think it's a win-win. If you're going to use it as a wireless browser/data storage/music player device (like I do), then Dissidia is just a nice bonus. To buy the system SOLELY for the game is unwise... but I'm cheap, so I would think that.

On a thread-relevant note, I not only got Zidane up to Lv 100 today, but also beat Shade Impulse 4.

Will upload a video in 30 minutes.

EDIT: Here's the video.

Last edited:

Gimmy

Rotommmmmmmmmmmmmmnomnom.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    I got it the other day. I only use Bartz, (the rest of mine are about level 11-16 ahaha.) but I'm having trouble with the last boss. DX I can't even move before I'm dead. I like using Exdeath too, but I do wish he walked a bit quicker. LOL.

The Scientist

Years
  • I got it the other day. I only use Bartz, (the rest of mine are about level 11-16 ahaha.) but I'm having trouble with the last boss. DX I can't even move before I'm dead. I like using Exdeath too, but I do wish he walked a bit quicker. LOL.

How to pwrlvl:

Buy the CPU Level +10/20/30/whatever in the PP Catalog
    Go to Quick Battle.
    Fight a CPU that is 10+ levels higher than you.
    Set their Difficulty to 1.
    Repeat until Level 100.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Well, I think an important part of enjoying this game is knowing where the background: where the characters come from. A large portion of the fun of the game is nostalgia and hidden references; I myself have gone through II, IV, VI, some of VII, and IX. When you have a general understanding of who everyone is, the story and jokes fit together much better (Tidus: What's a SeeD? Are you a tree, Squall?).

As far as the combat goes, it's like a cross between "Monster Rancher 2" and "Super Smash Bros. Brawl", with a touch of "God of War" (cinematic button-pressing).

After a solid week of playing, I will tell you this: this game takes a long time to complete: there are hundreds of Accomplishments, [at least] 20 Stories, and nearly 1000 items. The only problem is that some aspects (particularly Trade Items/ridiculously low Battlegen rates) require heavy grinding to work through. To counter this, Dissidia has an internal calendar and gives you a random daily bonus, such as increased XP or Gil.

Regarding your choice, the PSP itself is a pretty nice system, so I think it's a win-win. If you're going to use it as a wireless browser/data storage/music player device (like I do), then Dissidia is just a nice bonus. To buy the system SOLELY for the game is unwise... but I'm cheap, so I would think that.

On a thread-relevant note, I not only got Zidane up to Lv 100 today, but also beat Shade Impulse 4.

Will upload a video in 30 minutes.

EDIT: Here's the video.

Wow, thank you for taking the time for telling me all of this.
    I'm really considering getting a PSP and dissidia now. I thought this was just going to be something like Soul Caliber; flashy characters put in a fighting game that you'll be over with in a week. Not saying Soul Caliber is horrible though, just not entertaining in the long run.

I never knew there was all of this to dissidia, however.

I was also thinking of getting a PSP for Star Ocean 1&2, Crisis Core, and the remastered Persona game that's coming out soon too.
    Now I think I'll definitely be getting it.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • How to pwrlvl:

Go to Quick Battle.
    Repeat until Level 100.
    I remember in the Japanese version you set Exdeath or whatever on the hardest setting, level 100, etc. And just kinda stay in the air and fight. You'll get to 100 in no time since he had retarded AI. They fixed in the English version, but you can still do it, it's just a bit harder.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I remember in the Japanese version you set Exdeath or whatever on the hardest setting, level 100, etc. And just kinda stay in the air and fight. You'll get to 100 in no time since he had retarded AI. They fixed in the English version, but you can still do it, it's just a bit harder.

Exdeath is nothing more than a punching bag...

I love this game, beat the shade impulses already and did everyone's story, working on getting Shantotto and Gabranth ATM. Cloud's my best character right now at level 87, he has crap moves compared to the NPC's I fight...

Gimmy

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    How to pwrlvl:

Go to Quick Battle.
    Repeat until Level 100.

:O I got Bartz to level 100, thank you. :D Now I'm just trying to unlock everything else. I wish the exdeath trick would work with Shantotto but her moves arn't well matched against him. ;A; Also, anyone know where I might find Spirit Stones to make weapons with? :/ I need the Chocoblade but I can't find it anywhere. D8

Years
  • :O I got Bartz to level 100, thank you. :D Now I'm just trying to unlock everything else. I wish the exdeath trick would work with Shantotto but her moves arn't well matched against him. ;A; Also, anyone know where I might find Spirit Stones to make weapons with? :/ I need the Chocoblade but I can't find it anywhere. D8
    Dude, i suggest you not do that. Even though your character is at level 100, his abilities don't improve at the same pace, and you would have to grind continuously. I suggest you train the character and abilities at the same pace.

The Scientist

Years
  • :O I got Bartz to level 100, thank you. :D Now I'm just trying to unlock everything else. I wish the exdeath trick would work with Shantotto but her moves arn't well matched against him. ;A; Also, anyone know where I might find Spirit Stones to make weapons with? :/ I need the Chocoblade but I can't find it anywhere. D8

I use Cloud as my punching bag. His attacks are so slow that they're easy to dodge and punish with someone like Zidane or Tidus (note that I have Sneak Attack equipped in the video). Remember that there is an AP Chance (Deal over/under X amount of damage, HP attack first, etc.) for every battle, so you can also master abilities relatively quickly.

I'm not sure about Spirit Stones specifically, but to get most of the weapon Trade Items you'll need some sort of Elixir from the Duel Colosseum.

Once you've gotten the proper Elixir for the Spirit Stone, it should appear in the Shop. Therefore it'd be best to just get one of each Elixir (excluding Megalixir, the Lv 120 CPUs aren't worth it).

You get Dusty Elixir from the first (easiest) course, Elixirs from the second, Hi-Elixirs from the third, and Megalixir from the last. The last two Duel Colosseum modes have to be bought in the PP Catalog (it's Lunar Whale and something else).

Gimmy

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    I use Cloud as my punching bag. His attacks are so slow that they're easy to dodge and punish with someone like Zidane or Tidus (note that I have Sneak Attack equipped in the video). Remember that there is an AP Chance (Deal over/under X amount of damage, HP attack first, etc.) for every battle, so you can also master abilities relatively quickly.

I'm not sure about Spirit Stones specifically, but to get most of the weapon Trade Items you'll need some sort of Elixir from the Duel Colosseum.

Once you've gotten the proper Elixir for the Spirit Stone, it should appear in the Shop. Therefore it'd be best to just get one of each Elixir (excluding Megalixir, the Lv 120 CPUs aren't worth it).

You get Dusty Elixir from the first (easiest) course, Elixirs from the second, Hi-Elixirs from the third, and Megalixir from the last. The last two Duel Colosseum modes have to be bought in the PP Catalog (it's Lunar Whale and something else).

:O So thats where I've been going wrong, I'm trying the harder colosseum for the dusty elixirs to no avail. xD Thank youuu <33

@Raika; But I still got his abilities sorted out when he was back at level 70, I'm only down for about 3-4 support abilities. x3 It didn't take that long really.

Back