• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Divine Offering - GT Pokémon Challenge

Years
    • Online now
    Segment 8: the final segment.

Restrictions:
    None

My Progress:
    Ok it's been a while since my last segment. Yadda yadda, I caught Linoone, Wailmer, Whismur (again), and a Jigglypuff. Did all the boring story stuff and prepared to fight Juan.

Team before battling Juan:
    - Wailord lv47 (Water Pulse, Water Spout, Mist, Surf)
    - Exploud lv50 (Howl, Uproar, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam)
    - Wigglytuff lv50 (Hyper Voice, Body Slam, Mimic, Double-Edge)
    - Linoone lv49 (Headbutt, Slash, Covet, Sand-Attack)
    - Rayquaza lv70 (Fly, Outrage, Extremespeed, Rest)

Battle goes like this:
    - Wailord vs Luvdisc: it dies in 2 Water Spouts
    - Exploud vs Whiscash: I Howl twice then Hyper Beam
    - Wigglytuff vs Sealeo: spam Hyper Voice
    - Rayquaza vs Crawdaunt: Outrage -> ded
    - Linoone vs Kingdra: Covet to steal the Chesto Berry, then Slash and Slash crit

Sacrifices:
    - I sacrifice Wailord (can learn Soak in future Gens) to remove Count Dracularc's Variety rule.
    - I sacrifice Exploud (knows Flamethrower) to remove Count Dracularc's Rehearsal rule.
    - I sacrifice Wigglytuff (knocked out someone with a Sound-based move) to level up Count Dracularc's Power rule.
    - I sacrifice Linoone (stole an item) to remove Eleanor's Treasure Swap rule.

The number of Pokémon I sacrificed in total is 30, and they all fit neatly inside a box!
    Divine Offering - GT Pokémon Challenge

Years
  • Update!!!

Spoiler:

As promised in ^ this post, here is my final update!

Since I had no more restrictions, I played on towards the elite four without boring y'all with updates every 5 minutes!

My planned team would be: Jynx from the Odd Egg, Poliwrath from a Poliwag picked up outside Dark Cave - if I could weasel a Water Stone out of the fisherman in front of Mt. Mortar in time - otherwise a Polywhirl, Typholsion, and a Hoothoot not to be used, but for having Fly and Flash so my team had all HMs between them.

After a ton of grinding - including keeping Smoochum unevolved until lv.37 for Psychic - my team steamrolled through the remaining Gyms (and a LOT of Team Rocket). It's always especially nice beating Clair btw, she's such a brat!

Fisherman Tully eventually called me to say he'd found something and I was VERY relieved! A trip to route 42 and I suddenly had my Poliwrath in time for it to learn Submission!

I picked up a Noctowl to replace Hoothoot just before Victory Road. I figured it would be a better suicide switch if I needed to heal up during battle. Then I had to wait for nightfall. I wanted a good level Graveller to give me another body to switch to, and also provide some much needed ground and rock coverage. After getting Graveller up to lv.41 I now had Earthquake at my disposal if I needed it!

I beat my rival at the end of VR, and had one last grind session, before heading into battle with the elite 4! My Jynx was 47, my Poliwrath and Typhlosion were I think 46, My Graveller 43, and my dead-weight Noctowl 32.

I struggled my way through the E4, beating one of my very favourite characters in Karen along the way, and healed up between battles. Graveller actually beat Pokémon by sacrificing itself with Self Destruct! Thank you for your service my gravelly friend!

Time to face Batman!

Jynx was the star of the show here, OHKOing all of his Dragonites.

His Aerodactyl was a huge pain in the derriere! I got there eventually, and The Dark Knight was defeated!

My team's champion portraits. Polywrath got lost in the moment and thought it was in a Boyz II Men video

And with that my challenge was done.

All that was left was for the credits to roll

I want to say thank you to the challenge team, it's been an absolute blast as always! <3

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Update #8: Wulfric
    Beat up Team Flare a few times. Has seen Lysandre's bug drones across multiple runs now. Pauses at them every time. Who thought of this? What does Lysandre call them? Wants to know far more about why you would grab them for a Pokemon battle.

Was not troubled by Lysandre, either. Sets level limits in normal circumstances for a reason.

Blah blah blah rival bridge blah blah. Wulfric time. Strategy: Punch good.
    Spoiler: Gym #8 log

(Abomasnow's Snow Warning. Mega Evolved Lucario.)
    Turn 1: Lucario: Aura Sphere (100%) / Abomasnow: Fainted
    (Hail damage to 186/198)
    Turn 2: Lucario: Close Combat (100%) / Cryogonal: Fainted
    (Hail daamge to 174/198)
    Turn 3: Lucario: Aura Sphere (100%) / Avalugg: Fainted

As expected. Feels so strange to use a mixed attacker. Is accustomed to setup moves too.

Heads to the Champion next.

Sacrifices no one, also.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Completed Segment 5:

Had to improvise in the 5th gym badge battle

In the beginning I tried having Aron first in the party, but then realized it was better to use Mawile first. Reduced Slaking's SP. DEF and forced Norman to use the first Hyperpotion taking advantage of the first Slaking spamming most of the time Yawn and sometimes alternating between Facade and Faint Attack and discovered that no matter what, he will never use his second Hyperpotion until one of his pokémon had fainted (smart AI), so in this part decided to use Aron with roar, the next pokemon was the Slaking that spammed Focus Punch. Since Slaking only tried to use Focus Punch, I was still selecting Metal Claw for Aron, taking advantage of Slaking flinchin, Truant and the Metal Claw occasional ATK bonus, when it was on low HP I forced a Roar on its loafing around turn and switched to Vigoroth. Then the next part was to use Altaria vs Vigoroth, perform 2 dragon dances, 2 fury attacks with a total of 7 hits and a final dragonbreath surviving with 2 HP. Then when it switched to the Slaking that spams Yawn I switched to mawile again, reducing it's special defence again while norman used the second Hyperpotion, the end of the round was Mawile surviving with 10HP and then (thanks to having the shift configuration) switched to Aron again and took advantage again of this Slaking trying to perform Focus Punch (AI trying to be smart going OHKO super effective hit).

Pokemon levels:

Aron Lv 26 - take down, metal claw, iron defense, roar
    Mawile Lv 28 - Sweet Scent, Bite, Fake Tears, Faint Attack
    Altaria Lv 40 - Dragon Breath, Fury Attack, Dragon Dance, Safeguard

Worthy Pokemon I'm going to sacrifice:

Aron Lv 26 (Using Roar in a major battle and defeating 1 Slaking) - Aldo's Retreat! 2 - Half of your team must know a move that allows the user to be switched out (if not available, half of your team needs to be made up by Pokémon who can learn said moves). Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who has successfully phazed out (ie. Roar) an opponent during a major battle (doesn't have to be the same one during which it gains the "worthy" status).

Mawile Lv 28 (Defeating 1 Slaking with 10 HP remaining (Red Hp bar)) - Aldo's Steadfast - You may only use Pokémon whose current Speed stat is higher than their Defense and Special Defense stats. Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ Pokémon who has gained the "worthy" status while on red HP (20% or less).

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Update #9: Diantha
    Prefers to not leave things for the last day. Gained enough levels to win. Calls for no mercy Barbarian time.

Hates a particular trainer just outside Snowbelle City. Dodged them the first time. Hit them on the way back for an HM Pokemon and also paralyzed. Locked down BlueDog (Lucario) between paralysis, confusion, and flinches. Knocked it out with NoLifeGround (Golurk). Took a nasty hit (~40-50%?) from Crustle's +2 Rock Wrecker, even resisted. Survived, at least.

Started climbing up Victory Road. Remembered the Earthquake TM somewhere nearby. Turned out to be in the waterfall area just before Victory Road. Made a quick detour, despite trying to go fast and skip trainers.

Beat Calem easily. Really needed Florges on this team. Dropped it early because of being forced into non-STAB physical moves with a Modest nature. Thought about taking Xerneas along. Ultimately chose the higher level Beedrill for expediency.

Made it to the top. Team:
    • BlueDog the level 71 Lucario. The team's powerhouse. Planned for BlueDog to always be in the team, given the odds of being sacrificed by someone else. Also, easy Mega.
    • SpecialSun the level 72 (shiny) Heliolisk. Wanted a different Electric type, honestly. Used this in the very first Generation 6 playthrough. How often do you get to play with a full odds shiny, though? (Would have been fine as a sacrifice too.)
    • NoLifeGround the level 72 Golurk. Wanted Ground. Seemed fine. Has not been impressed, especially with BlueDog in the party. Compares pretty closely in stats, actually, between BlueDog's Brave nature and NoLifeGround's Hasty nature.
    • FireFriend the level 70 Delphox. First time with Fennekin. Did okay. Often led the party with BlueDog in power.
    • FalseCold the level 66 Vivillon. Almost chose Yanmega instead. Opted for something different. Kind of planned to sacrifice this too. Played a heavy role in one update, but not much beyond that. Lacks CompoundEyes for powder stuff and the team support for Quiver Dance.
    • PointFly the level 67 Beedrill. Also planned to sacrifice this. Never used Beedrill. Thought "why not?". Never had much of a chance to shine.

First up: Drasna. Dropped Shadow Claw for Earthquake on BlueDog.

Skips the log. Short version: One-shot on Dragalge. Hit Noivern for 99%. Criticaled it and the following Druddigon with Dragon Pulse. Took two Dragon Pulses for Altaria. Dodged Sing, thankfully.

Second: Wikstrom. Grabbed Shadow Claw back, this time in place of Dragon Pulse.

Worked around Klefki's Prankster Torment. Underestimated Aegislash's defense. Knocked out BlueDog (weakened a bit from Probopass, thanks to Sturdy). Finished the job with FireFriend one-shotting Aegislash (after a Full Restore) and Scizor. Should have taught Power-Up Punch over Aura Sphere, in hindsight. Rectified that right after.

Third: Malva.

Power-Up Punched Pyroar down in one hit. One-rounded Talonflame via defeating itself with Flare Blitz. Smacked Torkoal with Earthquake and Chandelure with Shadow Claw for the four-turn win.

Four: Siebold. Okay, fine. Will use someone besides BlueDog. Seemed time to drop Thunder Wave. Usually likes it, but not under a time crunch or with a hodge-podge team. One Grass Knot, please. Doubts SpecialSun's power. Will see what happens. (Oh, and take this Zap Plate.)

Sunk Clawitzer and Gyarados with one Thunderbolt each. Criticaled the Grass Knot on Barbaracle. Roasted Starmie with another Thunderbolt. Another four-turn win.

And finally, Diantha. Distrusts BlueDog's one-shot potential after missing a few. Taught it Swords Dance over Power-Up Punch. Should be able to handle Gourgeist for a while. Chose SpecialSun to lead once more. Kept it on Set Mode, also, just because.

Turn 1: Heliolisk: Thunderbolt (100%) / Hawlucha: Fainted
    Turn 2: Heliolisk: Volt Switch (10%, switch to Golurk) / Goodra: Focus Blast (immune)
    Turn 3: Golurk: Earthquake (89%) / Goodra: Muddy Water (147/225, -1 accuracy)
    Turn 4: Goodra: Full Restore (heal to full) / Golurk: Earthquake (miss)
    Turn 5: Golurk: Earthquake (90%) / Goodra: Muddy Water (61/225)
    Turn 6: Golurk: Shadow Punch (the rest)
    Turn 7: Golurk: Heavy Slam (90%) / Aurorus: Blizzard (0/225)

Wait...hold up. Spaced on actually teaching BlueDog Swords Dance. Kinda works out, though.

(Mega Evolved Lucario.)
    Turn 8: Aurorus: Full Restore (heal to full) / Lucario: Power-Up Punch (100%, +1 Attack)
    Turn 9: Lucario: Close Combat (100%) / Tyrantrum: Fainted
    Turn 10: Lucario: Shadow Claw (100%) / Gourgeist: Fainted
    (Level up. Mega Evolved Gardevoir.)
    Turn 11: Lucario: Shadow Claw (100%) / Gardevoir: Fainted

Crushed AZ's team too, to zero surprise.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Completed segment 6:

For major battles like team magma admins and rival battles I keep using fury attack for multi hit move hits rule.
    Did the same with Fortree Gym Leader, with Skarmory using first Fury attack landing a total of 6 hits, Winona using her potions, Skarmory defeating Swellow and Pelipper and Altaria defeating Skarmory and Winona's Altaria with Ice Beam (Both landing a critical hit).

Won't do any sacrifices this round.

Spoiler:

kpac_xjinx

XJinX
    Years
  • OK so a LOT happened since I left Cerulean City man, so rn I am gonna write only HALF of it, that is till Celadon City. So, as I got TM dig from that grunt in cerulean, and proceeded towards underground path. I reached vermillion- grinded all trainers I got between underground path entrance and vermillion. Caught Spearow, which I traded for Farfetch'd. Exchanged the voucher I got from the Fan Club president for bicycle. Caught Drowzzzee and Diglett. After some heavy grinding, I found a Dugtrio which i caught too. More grinding. Grinded SS Anne, didn't care much about items, except cut. Said goodbye. Oh and of course, I killed my rival's Raticate ;) from there I proceeded towards the rock tunnel, leaving the gym as it is. All trainers defeated on that route, reached Rock tunnel. I hadn't defeated Surge, so I had to cross the tunnel without flash- missing on sooo many items and battles. Anyway, I got out and got a bunch of trainers out of my way yay. Anyway restored some health in pokémon centre in the Ghost town. Proceeded towards Celadon- caught Growlithe. Nice. Took the underground path and reached celadon- after getting Eevee, I grinded both of them high, and evolved the latter into Jolteon. Used cut to get to that so-called secret house, obtained Fly HM. Destroyed Giovanni ma homie in Rocket Game Corner, and went back to Pokémon Tower in Lavender. Grinded to the top floor(healthy meals for my Growlithe :D) Rescued Fuji who gave me flute. Evolved Drowzee, and Ivysaur. That's it for now, gonna report back soon after defeating Koga :p feels boring? Lemme add some screenshots xD

Ma rival got stronger, rip the Faticate though:p

So glad it's a game from 1990s, so we didn't actually look what is inside there :p

Here's the troubling ghost :/ and it was revealed to be...

This! RIP that poor Marowak :(

Either way, Mr.Fuji helped us go back- can't imagine going back through all those floors without repel :

That was too dark ngl 😶

kpac_xjinx

XJinX
    Years
  • Ok so back to it, I headed towards the south of Lavender, frying some fishez and tadpoles with mah Jolteon. Woke up Snorlax with Poké Flute, and caught it after much trouble :p

Proceeded to the other part of the route, frying birds and neutralising poison. Reached Fuschia city. Healed, then went to Safari Zone. Caught 3 Rhyhorns, 1 Nidorino for sacrifice. Got HM Surf and somebody's....Golden teeth?! I wonder who dropped them! Anyway, I got back to Pokémon Centre and withdrew them four horned creatures. Saved in front of the Gym, then went in. Growlithe did most work till I reached Koga. Here's what happened afterwardss, as much as I remember:
    I sent in Growlithe, opponent sent Koffing. Growlithe used Ember, opponent got burned. Switched to Rhyhorn- horn attack almost OHKOed that Koffing's remaining HP. Rhyhorn barely took any damage, though it got poisoned, as Koffing fainted to it's burn. Koga sent Muk, I switched to Growlithe. Maybe at THIS point Growlithe got poisoned. Anyway I did Ember+ Leer+ Ember, before it got burnt. I switched to another Rhyhorn. Chip damage from Muk, but it got poisoned. Horn attack failed to kill it, yet again burns ended up being lucky. Another Koffing comes in. Switched again to Growlithe. This time, I only did Ember twice, no burns. Leer did it's work, though, between Embers. Switch to my third Rhyhorn, Horn attack finally kills something. Weezing comes in. Growlithe came in again for the sake of burning it. Yet again, got lucky, but Ember barely did any damage- not even half. Weezing KOed my poor Dog. Switched to Hypno, Hypnosis worked. Nidorino spams Horn attack and Focus energy, switch to one of the Rhyhorns, and horn attack. Switch back and another set of Focus energy/Horn attack till Weezing wakes up. Too late though- sludge doesn't do much damage, nor is poisoning it any helpful now, while horn attack finishes Weezing- thanks to constant damage from burns.
    Won the battle xD.

Also, the battle against Weezing was a bit threatening- since it can use Self destruct or explosion if I remember well- and I was just praying the whole time that it doesn't wake up as I spammed Horn attack and Focus energy, as well as swapped back to Nidorino from Rhyhorn. As a result, I forgot to take screenshot of the time when Nidorino lands the last hit. however, I got the screenshot of my team inside Pokémon centre, just before recovering, and of Koga saying his line after being defeated.

Most of them fainted as I walked back to the pokémon centre from the gym due to poisoning :p

No rules upgraded by the way. However, four pokémon(3 Rhyhorns and Nidorino) were sacrificed, in case there's an achievement for 4 sacrifices in single battle . Anyway, Imma go train Growlithe till Lv.50. thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello! I'm here with my 3rd Update! The time is running thin, so I'll be making most of my following Updates in short sentences! Hope that's okay! ^^

Fought Jupiter (Galactic)
    Got myself a bike (blue)
    Bought 4 Super Potions (2.8k)
    Bought 9 Potions (2.7k)
    Got Explorer Kit
    Explored Underground a bit
    Tried and failed to catch Swablu
    Continued onto Cycling Road
    Caught Ponyta and Kricketune
    Got the Vs. Seeker and Dowsing App from Lucas
    Met "someone" from Team Galactic, who told me about their "goal"
    Caught a Zubat
    Got to Hearthrome City
    Met Keira
    Went to Contest Hall
    Met Fantina
    Met our mom in contest hall
    Took part in a Beauty contest (Normal) and won
    Fought Sora (Rival)
    Made my way to Veilstone City and got an Pokemon Egg on the way
    Reached Solaceon Town and went into the underground
    Caught a Cherubi and evolved it in Cherrim after a while of grinding
    Continued my way to Veilstone City
    Arrived at Veilstone City
    Met Lucas in front of the gym
    Went into the gym
    Machop evolved into Machoke
    Started battling Maylene
    Did a lot of dmg with Staravia, defeated Meditie and brought Machoke to Red health
    Lost Staravia to Rock Tomb
    Switched in Cherrim used Magical Leaf and defeated her Machoke
    Switched to Kadabra to revive my Staravia
    Switched to Prinplup to heal Staravia full
    Switched to Staravia and defeated her Lucario
    Lucas waited in front of the gym to seek my help
    Went to the Pokemon Centre

With this done I would like to sacrifice my Lvl. 31 Cherrim to the gods. Goodbye, you'll be missed! Usually I would've sacrificed it to get rid of my Tier 2 Be prepared rule.

EDIT: I'll continue playing with the rule until it gets updated, so the sacrifice could also just be without removing a rule!

Attachments

• Divine Offering - GT Pokémon Challenge
      20221022_132814.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 0
    Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Completed segment 7:

Kept using Altaria and fury attack for a while against Rival and Team Magma Battles (Mt. Pyre and TM Hideout), trained my treecko until it learned giga drain, evolved it, re learned leaf blade, leveled up a little bit more and used it in the 7th gym in duo with skarmory. Sceptile sweep while Skarmory applied fury attack hits.

No sacrifices this segment either

Spoiler:

kpac_xjinx

XJinX
    Years
  • NOTE: NO SACRIFICES DONE. THIS IS JUST TO VERIFY MY JOURNEY TILL I GOT MARSHBADGE FROM SABRINA. NOTHING ELSE REALLY IMPORTANT HAPPENED,
    Spoiler:

Ok so, by the time I took first screenshot I had already reached da Celadon with ma homiez without Fly. As I proceeded towardz da cyclin' road to train ma buddy Growlithe, something came in ma way:

Ok now, as I had already caught one, I just grinded this one off, making it retreat to the mountains. The road was fun.

Anyway, I completed with ma dogg being level 49 lol

From there, I started walking again, and reached Saffron city, finallay :v Without wasting time I went to the Fighting Dojo, where my Growlithe finally learned Flamethrower! Uzed ma fire ztone, was fun :)

I wiped out rest with ma smart homie Hypno. I wonder how dis brat even thought Imma train with them :/ I just picked up 'Lee and got outta there,

wastin' no time to infiltrate Silph, I went ahead to see uh ... This. What an employee... Who carez, good 4 me lol

My Hypno made easy work of them tbh, along with my Spiky dog Jolteon. And I met this woman who healed ma homiez- so nice and prettyyy... Well anyway I moved ahead, didn't have time to talk- only to find ma homie ARC!

Anyway, I won somehow(they da winna 4 me though ;)) and met ma homie Giovanni, he's still weak :/

Saved Silph, became HERO! But how about the gym? Well, I didn't take any screenshot, since nothing important happened :p but for the sake of it, we can have this:

Just got this shot fresh while writin'
    Anyway Imma head towards Cinnabar or Vermillion, lator!

NOTE: NO SACRIFICES DONE. THIS IS JUST TO VERIFY MY JOURNEY TILL I GOT MARSHBADGE FROM SABRINA. NOTHING ELSE REALLY IMPORTANT HAPPENED,
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

Lots of pings in there but that's just to say I should've finally updated everything in the main player board, including adding information about who's reached the hall of fame, sacrificed Pokémon, points etc.
    For those people who've had rules removed by teammates but haven't updated their own run, I've just tried to remark that with a strikethrough on the offer requirements and the next rule already available. Hopefully that's ok - this way you can still get your previous rules at hand, but also prepare for the next ones and know that once you update and beat a segment, you can immediately switch to the next level ♥

Years
  • Update #4

Gave all of my Pokemon some berries to hold
    Made my way to the Galactic Warehouse to help Lucas retrieve his Pokedex
    Fought the two Galctic Grunts together with Lucas
    Luxio evolved into Luxray and Lucas got his Pokedex back
    Before moving onto Pastoria City I went into the Warehouse to get the TM "Fly" and went to the Department Store to buy some stuff
    Continueing on my way to Pastoria City
    Caught a Goldeen through Fishing
    Found the TM Dig
    Got to Pastoria City
    Went into the gym
    Staravia evolved into Staraptor
    Fought Crasher Wake
    Led with Luxray and took short care of gyarados
    Weakened his Quagsire with Luxray and switched to Prinplup who took care of Quagsire and weakened Floatzel
    Then switched to Goldeen who finished Floatzel with a horn attack

I would like to sacrifice my Lvl. 26 Goldeen to the gods to liften my Tier 1 Water Veil rule. You were a short but meaningful companion Goldeen! ♡

Attachments

• Divine Offering - GT Pokémon Challenge
      20221022_164535.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 0

kpac_xjinx

XJinX
    Years
  • IMPORTANT: RULES TO BE UPDATED ARE TEAM EFFORT 2(USED A LVL 22 DIGLETT), LEARNING ASSESSMENT 2(LVL 31 GRAVELLER WITH BIDE) AND CELÈSTE'S Water Veil 2 (Level 30 Gloom)

Yo wazzzup buddiezz! Am back! Ok anyway so I went from Saffron towards east of Fuschia to catch a Gloom for sake of sacrificing it.

Yeah, I gave up on that achievement. Anyway, I travelled back to Vermillion- not that long of a route tbh... Besidez, walking alongside the waters is fantaztic! So anyway, I reached there on time.

So, I went inside that PokéCentre and deposited everything, while taking out ma homiez Diglett, Graveller and Gloom as well as ma cutter Fetch'd(taught it double edge long back). Then, as I looked at rules, I noticed I need 2 TMs. I looked through ma PC to find TMs and found Rage and Body Slam! Used them on Gloom and Diglett respectively, then went to da gym. I had already got 'em noobs decayed, so I went ahead for the leader only to find..

This! Kinda disgusts me, finding stuff in trash but anyway, here I came man!

And I did this, just to check if it had some secret stuffin' :p (why is it THERE??!)

Anyway, so movin' on ma battle- easy as heck man, trust meh.

I sent in ma Diglett, against Voltorb. Dig one shots it like smoooth. Then came in the only thing I fear- a PIKACHU! Damn it, it's a sick mon! However, that only made it useless- my Gloom easily OHKOed it with Acid...poor rodent... Final battle- not any special either. I simply used Rock Throw with Graveller against Raichu, being next to invisible. Second Rock Slide took it out man easayly! That was fun! NAAH not really... Anyway I sacrificed them and now I gotta head for Cinnabar...so glad now I can finallay use fly ;-; Cyalator!

IMPORTANT: RULES TO BE UPDATED ARE TEAM EFFORT 2(USED A LVL 22 DIGLETT), LEARNING ASSESSMENT 2(LVL 31 GRAVELLER WITH BIDE) AND CELÈSTE'S Water Veil 2 (Level 31 Gloom)

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Update:

Current Clauses:
    Spoiler:

Omega Ruby - Gym Badge #4 Lavaridge
    Current Team:
    Mudslide the Marshtomp - Level 34
    Jagermeister the Machoke - Level 28 (Route 112)
    Linoone - Level 28 (Route 103)
    Kirlia - Level 26 (Route 102)
    Swellow - Level 33 (Route 104)
    Basil the Gloom - Level 30 (Route 110)

Gym Battle (9 Turns)
    Spoiler:

Worthy sacrifice: Machoke - defeated one of Flannery's Pokemon by itself
    Option limits 2 - You may not buy Pokéballs in Pokémon Marts / Centers / Malls. Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who doesn't have a 50/50 Gender Ratio

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Pings:
    Spoiler:

Updated~

Years
  • Fisherman Arcaneum takes to the stage!
    After a lifetime spent by the waters, drifting along with its ebbs and flows, Arcaneum decided they wanted to stop their coasting and take their life in a different direction - the stage! Now they take to the stage in pursuit of stardom!

Divine Offering: Segment #3

So we reach Segment #3, which means I have a MORE new rules to torture me. Yay! As a Performer, I have the following rules in place:
    - Variety 3 - Going into a major battle, you must use Pokémon that were caught with at least 3 different encounter methods (Grass/Dark Grass, Cave/Sand, Surf/Fish, Gift, Overworld event of various kinds, Safari Zone). Offer Requirement: A lv. 30+ Pokémon who knows or may learn any move which adds or replaces a type to its target.
    - Rehearsal 3 - During a final battle, you must defeat at least two opposing Pokémon with the same damaging move. Offer Requirement: A lv. 30+ Pokémon who currently knows Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt or Surf.
    - Power 2 - At least one of your Pokémon must know a move which charges on the first turn and hits on the second (like Dig) and use it successfully at least once in every major battle. Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who gained Worthy status by defeating an opponent with a Sound-based move.

So first off, I went to Wayward Cave to get some levels in for everyone as I felt we were somewhat lacking. Abusing the NPC to heal after every battle, we got some pretty good progress on most of our mons. Time to continue the adventure!

Unfortunately we didn't get the triple whammy, so we're still stuck with our Power 2 rule which is proving to be a bit of a thorn in my side. More conceringly, Variety 3 means I'm currently down to 2 Pokémon in a major battle - NYMPH the Psyduck and currently any 1 of my other mons. With that in mind, I sped through to obtain the Good Rod, so I could immediately fish up something, anything, to use. Lucikly the first Pokémon on the line was FAUST, a level 19 Magikarp!!!! Definitely a helpful addition, so I got that levelled and evolved into a Gyarados immediately (thankfully we got an Exp Share not long ago, so that was nice and easy). After that, I decide to power my way through to Veilstone City, collecting a lot of levels on the way and finally getting POURQUOI into a Luxray.

Once we reach Veilstone, I had the fun task of trying to train up SHUNKO the Meditite to try and take on the Fighting Gym... which was somewhat a bit of a nightmare. So instead I decided to check out some later routes to see if I can get some good training in... and caught FLORA the Stunky, as well as discovering Pastoria City! OF COURSE, I could just do the Gym here instead! With that in mind, I get SHUNKO and NYMPH up to level 30 and get a few more levels until FAUST learns Dragon Rage and decide to take on the Gym.

Now SHUNKO had learned Force Palm and wow, this swept through the whole thing, something I wasn't expecting! It was not very long before we were up against Crasher Wake. I decided to teach SHUNKO Grass Knot in place of Bide and instead taught NYMPH Dig so I could still follow that rule. First up we had a mirror match of Gyarados vs. Gyarados, which thankfully we won as Wake kept using... Brine... on Gyarados... so FAUST manages to take out the first Pokémon with ease.

Next up was Quagsire, which I decided to use to get both my other rules/conditions sorted on. I firstly used Dig on NYMPH to chip at its HP before then switching in to SHUNKO and using Grass Knot, wiping out Quagsire and more importantly making SHUNKO Worthy! Floatzel was a bit of a monster, it involved a fair bit of switching to and fro Gyarados to proc Intimidate, but SHUNKO eventually managed a Grass Knot kill (after some healing, as I managed to find and equip a Fist Plate onto it). So with that in mind, I managed to get rid of Power 2, yay! We get our Fen Badge from Crasher Wake and finish this segment with hopefully one rule left in the challenge!

I have sacrificed SHUNKO the Meditite to remove my Power 2 rule and FAUST the Gyarados, thank you both for your service this segment!
    __________________________________________________________​

Challenge Stats

Trainer: Rubia
    Game: Pokémon Diamond
    Playtime: 26:02

Pokémon Caught:
    Spoiler:

Worthy Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Sacrificed:
    Spoiler:

Badges Obtained:
    Spoiler:

Current Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

kpac_xjinx

XJinX
    Years
  • IMPORTANT: RULES TO BE REMOVED ARE LEARNING ASSESSMENT(USED BEEDRILL ONCE, TWINEEDLE OHKOED) AND TEAM EFFORT(USED TANGELA WHICH CAN LEARN INGRAIN)- ALSO SACRIFICED VILEPLUME

Okay so, after the Vermillion gym battle, now I can finally fly! So I flew from Vermillion to Celadon, grabbed a Leaf stone and evolved ma buddy Gloom! Also made it learn Double-edge for the sake of rules...

After that, I again uzed fly, went to ma ol' Pallet Town, and caught something on Route 21 heheh.

Anyway, so as I fly back to Celadon and head towards Celadon gym, I find...

This... Meh o_O creepier than Lavender Town... Anyway, so I went in. I had wiped out everybody except Erika inside earlier with Growlithe, so I got straight to find Erika and I ....

Find the reason why that man was so creepy...she is really cute! Uh I mean, anyway, so I and mah homiez hop into battle and:
    Beedrill faces Victreebell. I guess that bell-shaped so-called player got weak defenses- I literally managed to OHKO it with Twineedle(critical hit). Enemy send Tangela, switch to my own Tangela. I use Wrap till my 3 offensive turns are complete, then switch to Farfetch'd. I uze peck, which almost OHKOs that Tangela with a critical hit(damn bro! High defenses, huh?). So anyway, I switch to Tangela and ma homie does Bind twice. Yeah, our rival fainted :/ now comes Vileplume. I switch to my own Vileplume. Both use Sleep Powder, though neither gets affected. During second turn, however, opponent sleeps...ma homie uzed acid twice before the final Double Edge! Now that was a crazzzy move!

Sacrificed all three... Ngl I have been saying this for long, and I actually REALLY gotta go for Cinnabar, so Ciao!

IMPORTANT: RULES TO BE REMOVED ARE LEARNING ASSESSMENT(USED BEEDRILL ONCE, TWINEEDLE OHKOED) AND TEAM EFFORT(USED TANGELA WHICH CAN LEARN INGRAIN)- ALSO SACRIFICED VILEPLUME

Last edited:
    Back