• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Divine Offering - GT Pokémon Challenge

Years
  • Notable Events:
    Due to me messing up the end of the previous segment, I need to bench my entire team for the 3rd time in a row.
    It'll take a while for me to get rid of this annoying rule...
    At least I can now buy Light Screen and Reflect TMs so no need to head back to the desert and catch another Sigilyph.
    First I head to the bridge to catch the most crucial member of my new team: Ducklett. Not only can it have Big Pecks as an ability, but its also a Water type which helps with the next gym.
    Though I need to beat Cheren first, with whatever remained from my previous teamand the new 3 turns rule, it wasn't an easy battle.
    Upon arriving to Drifveil City, I head to the nearby Route 6 and also check out the Cold Storage for any high levelled pokemon worth catching.
    I extend my repertoir with a Swadloon, a Herdier and a Vanillite.
    Though I obtained an Ice type, my hype for potentially gettibg rid of rule 2 quickly dies down, because it does not get Snow Warning in gen 5 and only learns Hail on level 40.
    I beat Team Plasma and every trainer in the area but my team is still only level 27.
    Having learned from my mistakes, I train them up to 30 to make sure they can sweep the gym easily and Ducklett meets the offer requirement.

Gym Battle:
    Leading with Ducklett I easily oneshot Clay's Krookodile.
    Excadrill is coming up next, for which my best matchup is actually Herdier, because it has Rock Smash. I also gave it an Eviolite to be able to take 3 hits.
    Finishing with Palpitoad, the one I'm least worried about, its time to send out Vanillite and set up Light Screen on turn 1 for no apparent reason.
    I switch to Swadloon on turn 2 and oneshot it with a Razor Leaf on turn 3.

Sacrifices:
    Ducklett (level 31 and can have Big Pecks) to get rid of Crystalline.
    Herdier and Swadloon just because I can.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    UPDATE #1 - Omega Ruby
    Started my journey with the only one that met my initial conditions, Treecko. Being unaware of stuff between stats and move learnsets, this is a journey I can't do without some googling. As a mark of the beginning, I named it Hajimari.
    Up til after the battle with May, getting the Pokédex and saying goodbye to Littleroot, it was just Treecko with me. When the Poochyena rustling grass on Route 101 appeared, I thought it would be a great addition, since I've always known Poochyena to use Bite, which fit the Flinch condition. Unfortunately all the Poochyena I caught had either the same speed as one of the defenses or both, so I gave up after a while after three tries. A bit unfortunate considering the early rustling grass spawn that had Thunder Fang, which would have been neat. Though not all is lost, since I could maybe go buy one of those items that increases the base speed stat. It would work, given it's speed stat is just the same as its defense, both are 9. One of those will do the trick. After that, I went onwards to Route 103 and caught myself a Wingull that fit the conditions. Its speed stat is really high compared to its other stats. That made me notice I haven't really paid any attention to a Pokémon's stats up until now. Well, I'm not sure if I'll do anything with that knowledge other than decide whether it's a keeper or a no-go. I felt I spent too much time on this part so I decided to move on.
    Moving onwards to Route 104, met a Taillow rustling around the grass. Took two Poké Balls to get him, and to my luck it also had a higher speed stat than its defenses. Taillow also met the Flinch condition, learning Air Slash later on--just the same as Wingull. I didn't try my shot with the other Pokémon there, so I made my way to Petalburg Woods. There I caught a Wurmple, and then had to run back to Petalburg to box it as it didn't have the speed requirement. And that was after being nearly at the end, but I thought about the subsequent trainers on the Route just past the woods, so I played safe, I think.
    I reached Rustboro after sweeping the Trainers, then I realized I forgot to visit that Flower Shop. Or was it Berry Shop? Don't remember, but growing some berries around the region would probably come in handy sometime, so I made a note to visit that place later on...although I think I'm procrastinating on that really. I didn't stay long in Rustboro, as I immediately went towards Route 115. Getting some experience before my first final battle would ease things up a tad. There really wasn't anything on Route 115, except for a Zinc. I had a little hope it was the speed-increasing item I sought, but...it wasn't. With nothing else on this route, I returned to Rustboro and headed east, towards Route 116. I battled the Trainers there and increased my berry supply, and met with a Whismur on the tall grass. I planned to catch it, but got a critical hit...
    I entered the tunnel and found another Whismur. This time I managed to catch it, but it didn't meet the speed requirement. With that, I decided that was enough detour so I returned to Rustboro, boxing the Whismur and ready to challenge the gym.

Current Party:
    Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday

Eleanor's second update!

Pokémon White 2 as Ruin Maniac

Oh boy. I tried to follow the rules I was given to the letter I wrote them lol and that created a rather interesting situation... see, I have no access to "held items" just yet, only consumable berries or things like PokéBalls or Mail that you can give to a Pokémon in theory, but aren't classified as held items and don't have the held item icon when you visualize them in the bag. So... up until Virbank I just gave my two Pokémon a bunch of Pokéballs and moved on.

When I got to Virbank, I got access to the first and only held item in the game (this far), the Silk Scarf, and so I gave it to Stromboli the Tepig and... boxed everyone else. But wait...

Yes, wild Pokémon can hold items when you catch them. I didn't quite think about it and it turns out that before accessing Virbank City you can get access to Poison Barbs via Venipede on route 20 dark grass (but 5% chance and I can't even use Thief). Like I said, I went on and just got the Silk Scarf at that point, trying to avoid trainers so that I could come back later. But this mechanic turned out to be very useful anyways, just so I could increase my team size.

I have in fact caught a whole bunch of Koffing and Magnemite in Virbank Complex, as well as Venipede (just a few) and that got me one more held item, a Metal Coat. I technically got the Thief TM in the complex but Thief doesn't work if you're holding something already (which is mandatory by my rules) so... whatever. With all of that said and done, I just trained up my team of 2 for Roxie, and that was...

Chortiatis, now a Flaaffy, and Fichtelgebirge the Magnemite. Both at level 20.

I have a bunch of rules and requirements to take care of so let's do a turn by turn thing:
    1. Fichtel goes for Supersonic, a 55% accuracy move, hits it on Roxie's Koffing, who hits herself.
    2. I use Thunder Wave, Koffing snaps out and uses Tackle.
    3. I try another Supersonic, this time it fails, and I get hit by a Tackle again.
    4. Third Supersonic, hits again, Koffing hits herself.
    5. I weaken Koffing with a Magnet Bomb. She heals with an Oran Berry but that's nullified by her hitting herself again.
    6. Another Magnet Bomb, another Tackle.
    7. I use Thunder Wave (failing) so that Koffing can snap out and hit Fichtel with Tackle.
    8. I land my third Supersonic, Koffing hits herself.
    9. I just go for Thunder Shock, Roxie heals.
    10. Thunder Shock number 2, Koffing faints, I get to send in Chortiatis on Grimer.
    11. Poison Gas vs Charge.
    12. Thunder Shock vs Disable... oof!
    13. Thunder Wave vs Venoshock.
    14. I heal with an Antidote against another Venoshock. I'm at 14 HP...
    15. Super Potion vs Venoshock...
    16. Take Down vs Venoshock.
    17. Take Down again vs a failed Poison Gas. Last turn of Disable so...
    18. Thunder Shock takes Grimer out. I stay in.

Now it gets boring because it's a whole bunch of Protect and Venoshock from Whirlipede against Charge and Thundershock from Chortiatis. We take each other down to yellow health but I still have Fichtel, who has no issue with taking out Whirlipede with a Thunder Shock.

I have one rule that I can get rid of this way and it's Aldo's Retreat! (Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ Pokémon who has stayed on the field for at least 5 turns in a row without getting healed in any means, fanting, or defeating an enemy Pokémon). Fichtelgebirge the Magnemite has done just that by surviving against Koffing for that long and then taking her out. I should've probably been more careful because I might have been able to sacrifice Chortiatis for a different rule too but... I was still on yellow HP when she took out Grimer. Totally my bad, I misclicked there ^^;

I'm definitely sacrificing Fichtel the Magnemite to get rid of Aldo's Retreat, and I'm also sacrificing Chortiatis the Flaaffy for +1 because I deserve it. Time to grab Pignite for my Castelia segment and catch a whole bunch of Rock-types... just about the way I expected this Ruin Maniac run to go~

By the way, I hit Supersonic three times, so that's my "that lens was useful 2" completed for this segment... even if it was just the same move~ Plus, Roxie was the only major battle after all...

Last edited:

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024

Update #2 - Omega Ruby's first badge

Time to take on Roxanne's Gym!

I decided to have Wingull take the charge on this one, knowing what kind of Gym I'd have to face afterwards. It was a bit risky since the Gym's Rock type could counter easily Wingull's Flying-Type, but that was a challenge, if anything.
    After swiping all the Trainers, who for some odd reason only had Geodude in their teams, I got face to face with Roxanne. Her first Pokémon, as unexpectedly expected, was a Geodude. I used Wingull's trusty Water Gun to take it down, as it did all previous Trainers, but it wasn't enough. The ball of rock with a face and hands had Sturdy...and as if that wasn't enough, it used Rock Tomb to take down Wingull. Using it was a double-edged knife to begin with, but I've still got my real ace, and that was just the first turn.
    I sent out Treecko to wrap things up. Feeling smug, I decided to take down Geodude with just Pound. It would have worked, but I should have expected a Gym Leader to have some Potions on her arsenal...That is one of Treecko's four turns gone. But I can't make the same mistake twice...or thrice? so I used Mega Drain to end Roxanne's first Pokémon.
    Then it was Nosepass' turn. Unfortunately just one Mega Drain wasn't enough. And I only have one turn left for Treecko with this.
    I went after it again, and finally it was down. Thanks to that, Treecko leveled up to 16 and evolved to Grovyle, learning Fury Cutter, which I put on top of Pound.

Only Treecko was worthy this match, but I probably will need 'im more than anyone else on my team, so no sacrifices from my party on this segment.

Badges: 1

Current Party:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Notable events:
    I grab whatever I still have left in my PC before heading to route 6 in case Bianca desides to show up there, and what a surprise: she does.
    Bianca is quite challenging to beat since Im so underlevelled and Im very glad I got rid of my 3 turn rule.
    Once her Herdier is down, Sigilyph cleans up the other 3 pokemon that it can perfectly counter, but Musharna manages to stall for like 20 turns, I'd've been in serious trouble in the previous segment...
    Heading in to Chargestone Cave I catch whatever high level pokemon I find there, which unfortunately isn't much.
    After a lengthy trek I leave with a Tynamo, a Joltik and a Klink, both of them so weak I have to keep my Sigilyph on the team for support.
    On route 7 the team is rounded out by the local powerhouses Unfezant and Watchog, another pair of F tier pokemon... At least Watchog can learn Light Screen.
    Completing the Celestial Tower my team is at level 34 already, so many hours wasted there... Even so Klink and Tynamo evolves in their late thirties so I need to fight the gym with them still unevolved. I put all my effort into at least getting Joltik to evolve into Galvantula.
    Arriving back to the gym I now have enough mones to buy Hail from a local shop. Contrary to my expectations, none of my team members can learn it.
    I fly back to the Cold Storage to catch another level 20 Vanillite, talk about weak, this guy will definitely have trouble living long enough to set up Hail, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve so I refuse to level him up more than that.

Gym Battle:
    Leading with Quick Claw Vanillite I set up Hail. For whatever reason the AI doesn't realize that there is a 13 level difference so Swoobat goes for an Amnesia on turn 1, my concerns were unneccessary it seems.
    After Vanillite faints I send in Tynamo. Withdefensive support from my Eviolite it can beat Swoobat 1v1 before the Hail ends.
    Unfezant coming up next.
    I switch to Watchog to set up Light Screen and wear it down a bit, then finish it off with Klink.
    Skyla's last pokemon is a Swanna, which my Galvantula can easily take care of, though I did try to keep it out of battle, the rest of my team just isn't up to the task.

Sacrifices:
    Tynamo to get rid of my tier 3 Light rule.
    Klink and Galvantula for a few extra points.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Completed my second segment:

Summary:

Skiped the second gym for now and went straight ahead to the third gym after delivering Steven's Letter.
    Had to train a little bit because of May's rival battle and suffering constant paralize status along the way from many trainers between Slateport and Mauville city.
    Evolved Shroomish into Breloom and changed slot from Hp to Attack (can learn sword dance via move tutor)
    Caught Tentacool and was asigned to the Sp. Def Slot (can learn sword dance via move tutor)
    Caught a Mawile and asigned it to the Defense slot (can learn sword dance via TM)
    Caught a Roselia and asigned it to the Sp. Atk slot (can learn petal dance via lv up)
    Trecko is still in Speed slot and can learn sword dance via move tutor

Gym leader battle: Wattson

Breloom used mach punch to OHKO magnemite, second turn voltorb survived the second mach punch and used spark, next turns were super potion headbutt, super potion, headbutt and finally mach punch; the third round with magneton was mach punch, survived and used thunder wave, magneton then used supersonic and luckily the next headbutt landed with a critical hit and KO'ed magneton, finally giving me the win for the 3rd gym badge and completing the second segment.

Can't make any sacrifices for now.

Divine Offering - GT Pokémon Challenge

Last edited:
    Years
  • Fisherman Arcaneum takes to the stage!
    After a lifetime spent by the waters, drifting along with its ebbs and flows, Arcaneum decided they wanted to stop their coasting and take their life in a different direction - the stage! Now they take to the stage in pursuit of stardom!

Divine Offering: Segment #1

So for this run I return to a game I've played countless amounts of times; not sure what it is but I just love running DPPt when it comes to these sorts of challenges! As a Performer, I have the following rules in place:
    - Variety - All of your Pokémon must be of different types. Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ single-type Normal-type Pokémon.
    - Rehearsal - You may only use moves with 90% or more Accuracy. Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ Pokémon who's gained worthy status by defeating an opponent with a Rock-type move.
    - Power - You may not use Pokémon whose highest base stat is Defense or Special Defense. Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ Pokémon who may have the Limber, Inner Focus or Speed Boost ability.

Now I've kindly had all three of these dealt with by teammates of mine, so this was mostly a case of just getting the journey started so I can update them to Tier 2!

With that in mind, I've decided the quickest way is to just pick up Piplup as that will murder Oreburgh with ease. Not much happens in this first segment - essentially I pick up one more ally in a Shinx and then train them both to around level 14, with Shinx clearing out our rival Tyson and Piplup then going on to clear out the Oreburgh mine for a bit, to eventually level up to 17 and evolve into Prinplup. Then it's a quick visit to Oreburgh Gym to sweep the entire thing without getting hit and that's Segment #1 at a close!

In the spirit of the event, I have decided that with Hyperion the Prinplup indeed being worthy, it was time to sacrifice him to the powers that be, for the glory of the Guerreros! No other reason, just 'cause I can.
    __________________________________________________________​

Challenge Stats

Trainer: Rubia
    Game: Pokémon Diamond
    Playtime: 4:46 (although approximately 3 of this has been having my game just idling atm so...)

Pokémon Caught:
    Spoiler:

Worthy Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Sacrificed:
    Spoiler:

Badges Obtained:
    Spoiler:

Current Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Update #4: Ramos
    The three rules:
    - 90+ base power moves only.
    - Set. Three switches per battles.
    - Allows status moves that increase your stats or decrease your opponent's.

Runs into trouble with the first rule. Knows three moves that qualify: Bug Buzz, DynamicPunch, and Take Down. Prevents Firefriend (Delphox) and BlueDog (Lucario) from doing anything useful. Accomplishes very little with EasyListen's (Diggersby) 56 base Attack, SpecialSun's (Helioptile) 289 base stat total, and NoLifeGround's 50% miss chance. Sort of makes up for having such mild rules until now, admittedly.

Intentionally lost the Mega Lucario fight, due to not knowing any qualifying moves. (Still progressed fine.) Picked up Surf moments later. Helps, although not much against a Grass gym.

Picked up two nice items along the way: Lucky Egg and Metronome. Relies solely on Vivillon this update. Will be spamming Bug Buzz.

Roasted Calem with three Bug Buzzes. Hates only having 10 PP on this move. Exited the gym twice to restore it.

Strategy: Vivillon. Stands at a healthy level 41 (7 levels above Gogoat). Should be fine, barring a Rock move.
    Spoiler: Gym 4 Log

Turn 1: Vivillon: Bug Buzz (75%) / Jumpluff: Acrobatics (63/125)
    Turn 2: Vivillon: Bug Buzz (the rest)
    Turn 3: Vivillon: Bug Buzz (100%) / Gogoat: Fainted
    Turn 4: Vivillon: Bug Buzz (100%) / Weepinbell: Fainted

Was not pleased at the amount of damage Acrobatics did by a Jumpluff ten levels lower. Outsped it still, so good enough.

Runs wild after this update. Wields Mega Evolution now. Should evolve NoLifeGround (Golett) and SpecialSun (Helioptile) probably too.

Sacrifices no one. Accepts 5qwerty's sacrifices to clear all the existing rules.

Years
  • GT Challenge in Pokémon Sapphire

Segment 2

New rules meant I could use new Pokémon.

I backtracked a little bit and caught Wurmple, which evolved into Dustox. I was lucky on this one. Can't imagine grinding mroe than one Wurmple to get Dustox. Dustox can learn Confusion and can have Coumpound Eyes as an ability, making it perfect fodder for sacrifice. And because Dustox isn't Psychic-type, I can use super-effective Confusion against Brawly.

As I'm slowly running out of time to finish this event, I didn't look for other Pokémon I could use. Dustox was enough. I grinded it to level 20 and then steamrolled Brawly's Gym. And with that, Dustox is worthy to get rid of Suprise! rule on tier 2.

Sacrifices

- Surprise! 2​

Years
  • Notable Events:
    Grabbing the scraps of my team and although it takes several tries I manage to get past Cheren without grinding.
    Once inside the cave, I catch several level 30 mons: Drilbur, Guldurr and Boldore.
    All of them are very powerful pokemon, but on such a lengthy route they still rely on support from my Sigilyph and Unfezant so that I can progress smoothly.
    I leave the area fed up with caves and wild encounters and trainers and just want to get it over with.
    I challenge the gym not caring about getting a full team or raising my levels, type advanatage is all I need!

Gym battle:
    Excadrill (33) 2shots (with some luck oneshots) Vanillish (37) using Rock Slide.
    Gurdurr (35, Eviolite) stalls beats Beartic (39) with Wake-Up Slap and a few Hyper Potions.
    Boldore (33) oneshots Cryogonal (37) with a Rock Slide.

Not as smooth as it sounds, had to try at least 5 times to find the right strategy but saved an hour of grinding.

Sacrifices:
    My whole team: Excadrill, Gurdurr and Boldore.

I'll pick up the gift Larvesta Egg for the next segment to maybe get rid of that last rule and be able to train up a permanent team.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday

Eleanor's third update!

Pokémon White 2 as Ruin Maniac

This segment was... interesting. I had one rule that didn't even affect the battle so I just didn't care about it until the right time came. Then I had that rule that only worked on major battles, those being... only Burgh so far. I got lucky again. And then that rule about no Grass and Water moves in battle. Which was nothing complicated.

Feeling pretty eager to continue, I dealt with the movie studios thing, the Plasma grunts, and then it was time to board the ship to Castelia with... really just Stromboli the Pignite because why not. It's only in the Castelia Sewers that I started catching more Pokémon... two Zubats (which I named after caves in my general area: Postojna and Frasassi), two Roggenrola (Matterhorn and Monte Rosa, which are some of the highest alpine peaks), and yes... even that Pokémon. Onix. Which I named Gerlach after the highest mountain in... Slovakia.

During my hunt for Onix I actually found that one item that saved my life, even if I didn't know about it... a Rare Bone. Yes, because when it came time to sell items I had obtained up to a value of $10 000, the Rare Bone covered half of it. Half of that half was covered by the Rare (lol) Candy that the Castelia Treasure Hunt (you know, the clowns that give you the bike) gave me, and the rest was basically me buying Super Potions and selling a bunch of them back. Oops.

I did a lot of Audino grinding to get my Pokémon ready and faced Burgh with... all of the Pokémon above, minus Rosa. Not that I wanted to sacrifice Pignite, but I needed a safety net if things went wrong. Which they did. Because Dwebble was handled just fine by Gerlach, who also landed 3 Rock Tombs on it. Rock Tomb has 80% accuracy, so it counts for my "That lens was useful 2" rule. Leavanny came in immediately after, and Postojna, now a Golbat, had zero trouble defeating it. Then... Karrablast came in and I answered with Matterhorn the Roggenrola. Who I wanted to be on red HP so that I could remove a certain rule. And here... I tried them all I think. I healed him with just an Oran Berry so that the HP wouldn't get too high, I used Sand Attack to stall out and get hit by Karrablast, but right when I hoped I could get Matterhorn down to red HP... what I think was a high roll I calculated incorrectly just... took him away. No sacrifice here.

I guess he'll live to see another day once I take him back to the Pokémon center... and then will get sacrificed when I beat Elesa. But still, that's one less Pokémon I could've traded in for points. At least Frasassi the Zubat came in to clean up Karrablast and earn herself the Worthy status. Last up was Shelmet, who I just used Pignite for - technically he's worthy too now, but I don't feel like sacrificing him just now. He's actually been carrying me through the actual game and doing a lot of the more behind-the-scenes stuff.

And so... I would like to sacrifice!
    - Frasassi the lv. 21 Zubat, for Draco's "We got the groove 2". For some reason, Showdown says Zubat can learn Endure.
    - Postojna the lv. 23 Golbat, for Aldo's "Prepare the Battlefield". It has Inner Focus after all.
    - Gerlach the lv. 21 Onix, for Draco's "We got the flow 2". It can learn Psych Up via TM in a few generations, don't ask me why.
    - Matterhorn the lv. 21 Roggy, who failed his mission this time around...

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024

Update #3 - Omega Ruby's second badge

After seeing the stage up on my third rule, I was devastated. I was under the assumption that sacrificing a Pokémon for a rule would make things easier for me, not harder...Now I've got to have half my party be of Pokémon that know or can know moves that switch them out. Wingull can learn U-Turn, and that's probably enough in a party of 3 Pokémon.
    I went to the Pokémon Center to recover my Pokémon, and then an idea sprang up to me. What about that Training thing that May told me a few moments ago? Last time I tried it out, it mentioned increasing my base stats, so maybe I could get Poochyena to join early! So I tried that out a few times, focusing on only speed, but...there were no increases at all. Disheartened, I returned Poochyena to the box and continued my journey. This time the same scientist from Petalburg Woods needed my help again, so that told me of my next destination.
    On Route 116's grass, I found a couple of Pokémon that I beat to level up my own. Today, I learned that Nincada is apparently weak to Water-type moves. It was a shocker. I never caught Nincada before (or maybe I did and didn't look at it), so I assumed that with the green color with was Bug & Grass or something. Alright, I'll look for another one and find out! ...But then I gave up after not finding it 3 times in a row.
    Battling that Team Magma grunt didn't take more than a few minutes. Could've been faster if his Pokémon followed the same magma theme, but I guess that won't be until veeeery later on.
    I rescued the Peeko and it was then that I noticed I hadn't gotten the HM for Cut yet. There was a segment just a bit on the left from that cave with some trees that could be cut. I made my way to the Cut house on Rustboro to get the HM, and then I headed to Devon Corporation, where instead of being rewarded financially for some Devon Parts that probably would cost a lot in the black market, I was given yet another task by the Devon Corp's own President, Mr. Stone. Well, he did give me some upgrade on my PokéNav, but that's one feature that'll never be used either way.
    I made my way to Mr. Peeko's owner, cutting whatever trees I could find in the way for some extra goodies. I hadn't bought any Poké Balls, but I was given a Great Ball by the guy who got stolen by the Magma grunt, and found one on Petalburg Wood's cut path on the right.
    I finally reached Mr. Peeko's owner's house and didn't waste a moment going to Dewford. Now that I'm here, it's a good time to do some shake up in my party, within the allowed limits. I found a couple of Pokémon in the cave to the west of Dewford and caught a Makuhita, but it didn't meet the challenge's requirements. After making this bare effort, I skipped ahead to the Gym.
    With a party with two Flying-type Pokémon, the Trainers were a piece of cake. They all only had a single Pokémon. I'm not completely sure about the third, last one even though I just battled it, but it probably only had one as well. The real challenge here was figuring out this Gym puzzle.
    I went up against Brawly, leading with my Flying-type Pokémon. I am underestimating him, not going to the Pokémon Center after my previous battles. My wounded Wingull took down his first Pokémon, which my memory didn't even register because it took seconds to take it down. Two turns, but it was that fast. To play safe with the 4 turns rule, I switched out to Taillow, who did a OHKO to the Makuhita. And just like that, Brawly was gone.
    I don't think this whole Gym took more than 10 minutes really...

This time, both Taillow and Wingull were worthy but...gonna keep the party as is.

Badges: 2
    Current Party:
    Spoiler:

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • Update gym 4:

Very short update here. Took a lot of grinding to get to a level where I could beat Chuck. Had to reset a couple times so I didn't keep losing my money to him. Eventually Pidgeotto took out both his Pokémon. Please please I am going to update the "count on your own strength" rule (Pidgeotto knew the move Pluck). I don't want to be doing an almost itemless run 😭

Years
  • Finally another update. Alas, it's a short one!

I had one rule left to lift. I needed a lv. 30+ Pokémon who knows or can learn Safeguard or Refresh to become worthy... I looked through the available mons in my game and settled on raising a Butterfree! Back to Ilex Forest it was, headbutting the same trees I found my Pinecos in earlier. Kind of poetic 😊

After finally getting it up to lv.30, I was ready to tackle Jasmine. I knew this gym would not be an ideal place for Butterfree, but then neither would the upcoming ones, so I had to go for it, team it some TMs, and dig in.

Heroic Butterfree managed to defeat her first Magnemite to lift my final rule!
    Spoiler:

Years
  • So far:
    Arqueros: 30 pokemon, including 2 Kadabra and 4 Pineco as duplicates
    Guerreros: 55 pokemon, including 2 Lillipup and 2 Pikachu as duplicates

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Log
    - Caught Mincinno and Wobbuffet on Route 5
    - Traded Mincinno on Hulbury and immediately evolved Cottonee
    - Got to Hammerlocke, catching Joltik and Salandit on the way
    - Ralts evolved
    - Raboot evolved
    - Got to Stow-on-side
    - Beat Hop making sure each Pokemon took at least 3 turns
    - Did the gym mission
    - Kirlia evolved

- vs. Gym Leader Bea

Sent Whimsicott in to set up Leech Seed and Poison Powder to waste turns
    Then I brought Wobbuffet in and Countered Hitmontop to death, becoming Worthy

I sacked Wobbuffet to Pangoro, brought Whimsicott in to set up, before remembering Prankster would backfire.
    Sirfetch'd came in to soften Pangoro up, he was Circle Throwed and Igglybuff died so Sirfetch'd killed with Peck, becoming Worthy

Then I brought Whimsicott in and set up, before Gardevoir came in and killed it with Dazzling Gleam, becoming Worthy

Gardevoir then put Machamp to sleep, healed some of my Pokemon and then died so I could bring Igglybuff in, dynamax and kill Machamp with the disrespect Disarming Voice, becoming Worthy.

Badges: 4 / 8

Sacrifices
    - Gardevoir (Flare up!! 2 on me)
    - Igglybuff (no rule)
    - Wobbuffet (Know your enemy 2 on saniachan)
    - Sirfetch'd (Burn Up! 3 on me)

Already Sacrificed
    - Thievul
    - Pidove
    - Farfetch'd
    - Alolan Marowak
    - Shiftry
    - Litwick
    - Drednaw
    - Corvisquire

Years
  • Fisherman Arcaneum takes to the stage!
    After a lifetime spent by the waters, drifting along with its ebbs and flows, Arcaneum decided they wanted to stop their coasting and take their life in a different direction - the stage! Now they take to the stage in pursuit of stardom!

Divine Offering: Segment #2

So we reach Segment #2, which means I have a whole load of new rules to torture me. Yay! As a Performer, I have the following rules in place:
    - Variety 2 - If any of your Pokémon know two or more moves of the same type, then they may not use either of those moves in a major battle. Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who's gained worthy status by landing the final blow with a non-stab damaging move.
    - Rehearsal 2 - All of your Pokémon must know a damaging move that's been taught by TM/TR (or HM if available). Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who knows or can learn Last Resort or Trump Card.
    - Power 2 - At least one of your Pokémon must know a move which charges on the first turn and hits on the second (like Dig) and use it successfully at least once in every major battle. Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who gained Worthy status by defeating an opponent with a Sound-based move.

So... yeah... this was fun! NOT. This was a huge timesink as I had to catch a fair few Pokémon AND get them to level 20, which was a bit of a mission considering where I am in the game and what I have available to train against. So first off, I decide to catch and level up CANTOR the Kricketot, as it already has learned Bide (which counts towards the condition for Power 2). HOWEVER, I quickly realise that really I want to be finding something that can use a sound-based move to just get rid of this rule instead AND that CANTOR is useless because I now have access to a move to teach it in Rock Smash. More on this later.

After that I go on a bit of a catching spree, catching HAGANE the Buizel and EXETER the Geodude, namely to get another Pokémon and a Rock Smash user. EXETER comes with a nice variety of moves, meaning I'm not limited by my rules, and also can use Rock Smash meaning that I can in fact use this Pokémon. This is shortly followed by NYMPH the Psyduck, who I again keep in reserve to train later once I've removed these rules.

At this point, I decide to look up what can learn either Last Resort or Trump Card and am pleasantly surprised that Pachirisu can learn it! So I decide to catch myself one, ending up with my good friend DYNAMO. So beings one long grind to start getting Pachirisu u- hang on, Pachirisu has Bide too! Excellent, in that case I decide to use it as my Pokémon for Rehearsal 2. However this means I now can't use it to clear my Rehearsal 2 rule... quite the quandary. Until that is, I see that Bidoof can learn Last Resort too! I catch myself QUAN the Bidoof and teach it the Pluck TM I obtained earlier and start my long grind in Eterna Forest. Thankfully with our friend healing us after every battle, this became a really easy grind to evolve QUAN into a Bibarel and get it to level 20. Then I enter Eterna City, getting the Cut HM from Cynthia.

Perfect! This means that I can now teach my Pachirisu Cut so that it can be used in battle, so another long grind begins to get my Pahicirisu up to level 20. What feels like 15 hours later and DYNAMO is level 17 and I encounter a Chingling, making me realising something else. I may be able to clear all three rules at once. As Chingling learns Uproar at level 17, I may be able to catch one and level it up a bit. SO that's exactly what I do, catching IQ the Chingling. Apart from I then realise I can't actually use it because I don't have a TM or HM to teach it!!!!!! It doesn't learn anything, nightmare! On the way back through Eterna Forest I catch another friend in PEACH the Murkrow (as I chanced upon it and we get a Dusk Stone soon!), as well as catching SHUNKO the Meditite so I have a Bide user (as Pachirisu has THREE Normal moves, so cannot use Bide in the Gym Battle).

So I decide to finally take on Gardenia and eliminate 2 of my rules - Variety 2 with QUAN and Rehearsal 2 with DYNAMO. This proved to be a mission from the start, as Cherubi's combinatoin of Leech Seed, Growth and Grass Knot was becoming a bit painful. Thankfully I got my Bide off straight away to get that out of the way and then slowly chipped away at it with DYNAMO (who could only use Spark at this point), eventually defeating it and becoming worthy:

Thankfully with the hard part out of the way, it was time for the big sweep. In comes Bibarel to make short work of Turtwig with Pluck - meaning that it becomes worthy AND did so using a non-STAB move:

With that, Roserade comes in and takes a hefty hit from QUAN's Pluck, before POURQUOI then finishes it off with Bite, and we obtain our Forest Badge and the Grass Knot TM (meaning we can finally use IQ!) and thus ends our second segment, with two out of three rules removed! Yay!

I have sacrificed DYNAMO the Pachirisu and QUAN the Bibarel, thank you both for your service this segment!
    __________________________________________________________​

Challenge Stats

Trainer: Rubia
    Game: Pokémon Diamond
    Playtime: 14:09 (although approximately 3 of this has been having my game just idling atm so...)

Pokémon Caught:
    Spoiler:

Worthy Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Sacrificed:
    Spoiler:

Badges Obtained:
    Spoiler:

Current Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Back