• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • For Crawdaunt and Sharpedo, they are both awesome and pretty cool Pokemon. You can see both types in them well. Actually, Sharpedo was one of my favourite Pokemon until I got a certain ice/dark type dude on my team.

( And since I'm completely new at this, how do I quote two posts in my post? Ahh, I'm so bad with stuff like that. )

I liked Crawdaunt and Sharpedo, they both have their uses as decent physical attackers that may not be able to take a hit but they have gotten new toys as of late to give them an edge, like Crawdaunt with Dragon Dance (I still question why it even learns it hahaha) and Sharpedo's Mega Evolution.

Oh, and to quote more than one post use the Multi-Quote button which looks like this
    multiquote_off.gif
    (may differ based on what skin you're using) and then highlight it on the posts you want to quote.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    For Crawdaunt and Sharpedo, they are both awesome and pretty cool Pokemon. You can see both types in them well. Actually, Sharpedo was one of my favourite Pokemon until I got a certain ice/dark type dude on my team.

( And since I'm completely new at this, how do I quote two posts in my post? Ahh, I'm so bad with stuff like that. )
    Spoiler:

Here's a demonstration that I made long ago. (:

Years
  • After a long wait, we finally had the Water-type poll results announced, and here's who claimed the Water-type champion this year:
    tumblr_nry9mb77Ar1ur6cm2o1_500.jpg

Froakie, Frogadier and Greninja!

Our fave ninja frogs held off serious competition from Feraligatr to clinch the title and make it through to the finale. So, I ask this... What did you think about the Froakie line claiming the win? Are you planning to vote for them in the finale?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    After a long wait, we finally had the Water-type poll results announced, and here's who claimed the Water-type champion this year:

Our fave ninja frogs held off serious competition from Feraligatr to clinch the title and make it through to the finale. So, I ask this... What did you think about the Froakie line claiming the win? Are you planning to vote for them in the finale?
    No one liekz Mudkipz anymore

It's not surprising for the Froakie line to win to be honest, the surprising part is the Feraligatr line fighting for the spot! o:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

What to say about Greninja...

First of all: when XY was released and I got my hands on a copy I started out with Froakie as well. I also remember having a Pancham in my party and when Frogadier evolved into Greninja, Pancham evolved shortly after. Back then I didn't even know Pancham needed another Dark type in the party in order to evolve. {XD}

Anyway, back to Greninja...I'm always a little torn in terms of starters. Most of them don't really appeal to me, for some reason. Or I thought they were great at some point, but later realized that that's not the case anymore. I think Greninja is an alright Pokemon, it's definitely not the worst starter design wise (I mean it's a ninja who throws shuriken) and definitely not in terms of its battle capabilities.

Not sure what to vote for in the finale, though.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • After a long wait, we finally had the Water-type poll results announced, and here's who claimed the Water-type champion this year:

Froakie line. I find his starting form to be very cute and adorable and he has a very useful Hidden Ability. However the Froakie line is my least favourite of the Kalos Starters and I am yet to extensively use one.

A Ninja Frog is a great idea but there is something about the design that seems...off for me. I think it may be the tongue scarf. The line are well designed however and are fitting as starters.

Whilst I like frogs and find Froakie adorable I will not be voting for the line in the finale.

Years
  • I remember when the Kalos starters were first revealed and I wasn't happy with how Froakie looked (Fennekin was my fave back then) but then when the first XY anime trailer was released I was surprised how acrobatic his moves were, and that made me give the impression his evolutions would look like ninjas, and that theory was proven true.

Since then, Froakie ended up becoming my real fave of the trio and I chose him when I played X. The frog never let me down, and Greninja has just become such a standout Pokemon of the generation, from being an absolute boss in competitive to becoming a playable character in the Smash Bros. series.

I never looked back at Froakie and its evolution line, they have a good progression with the evolution designs and it can do so much with Protean. And I already voted our beloved ninja frog in the FPT finale.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Since then, Froakie ended up becoming my real fave of the trio and I chose him when I played X. The frog never let me down, and Greninja has just become such a standout Pokemon of the generation, from being an absolute boss in competitive to becoming a playable character in the Smash Bros. series.
    Afaik Greninja was already in Smash even before X and Y where released:
    http://www.ssbwiki.com/Greninja

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    On to our next topic of dual Water-types, let's go with Water/Grass, a typing that is currently exclusive for the Lotad line!

What are the thoughts behind it? DISCUSS!!

Years
  • On to our next topic of dual Water-types, let's go with Water/Grass, a typing that is currently exclusive for the Lotad line!

What are the thoughts behind it? DISCUSS!!

I love Lotad, and this unique type combination for many reasons. It cancels out some of Grass-type's most common weaknesses and instead leaves it weak to some more uncommon ones like Bug and Poison, while still being threatened by Flying-types although like other Water-types, the Lotad line gets access to Ice moves to make the flyers not so much a threat.

It's a type combination that works well, and makes me hope the other starter types get paired together as well, although with Volcanion likely being revealed soon, it appears we will be finally getting our Water/Fire.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Actually had to look up Ludicolo's name {XD}

I know there was someone who used a Ludicolo once to counter opposing Kyogre and I also know that a guy called Miror B. used a couple of them in Colosseum, but outside of that...

ludicolo.gif

DANCE! DANCE I SAY!!! {XD}

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love Lotad, and this unique type combination for many reasons. It cancels out some of Grass-type's most common weaknesses and instead leaves it weak to some more uncommon ones like Bug and Poison, while still being threatened by Flying-types although like other Water-types, the Lotad line gets access to Ice moves to make the flyers not so much a threat.

It's a type combination that works well, and makes me hope the other starter types get paired together as well, although with Volcanion likely being revealed soon, it appears we will be finally getting our Water/Fire.
    Volcanion will be officially revealed in tomorrow's CoroCoro last issue for year 2015. It's that time of the year again.
    Actually had to look up Ludicolo's name {XD}

I know there was someone who used a Ludicolo once to counter opposing Kyogre and I also know that a guy called Miror B. used a couple of them in Colosseum, but outside of that...

ludicolo.gif

DANCE! DANCE I SAY!!! {XD}
    Kappalores.

Competitively, Ludicolo is insane under the rain dance team due to its Ability.

But going back to the typing, Nichole sums it up quite well! Personally, I don't mind seeing a completely Physical Pokemon with this typing as it's an interesting typing. It can also act as a tank, since its weaknesses are not that common in the competitive field. It's an awesome type, either as an offensive Pokemon or a defensive Pokemon. (:

Years
  • But going back to the typing, Nichole sums it up quite well! Personally, I don't mind seeing a completely Physical Pokemon with this typing as it's an interesting typing. It can also act as a tank, since its weaknesses are not that common in the competitive field. It's an awesome type, either as an offensive Pokemon or a defensive Pokemon. (:

The main issue I see with a physical Water/Grass-type is that these two types aren't known as much for their physical attacking purposes as opposed to special, and while they have their physical moves, they aren't as widespread as the special moves (also Water status moves are rare). It all kinda makes sense when you consider both were special-based types in Gen 1-3.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The main issue I see with a physical Water/Grass-type is that these two types aren't known as much for their physical attacking purposes as opposed to special, and while they have their physical moves, they aren't as widespread as the special moves (also Water status moves are rare). It all kinda makes sense when you consider both were special-based types in Gen 1-3.
    Yeah that's true. However, there have been physically oriented Pokemon of those types around in that time. Water had Gyarados, Seaking, Kabutops (all of them being introduced in gen 1), Azumarill (which became a physical attacker in gen 3), Swampert, Sharpedo and Crawdaunt (introduced in gen 3) and Grass had not that many, but Victreebell, Breloom and Cacturne where prominent ones.

And after gen 3 the attack split happened, allowing moves like Waterfall and Aqua Tail to be physical, while introducing other moves like Leaf Blade as well. That means, that there's definitely the possibility of a physical Water/Grass being introduced somewhere down the line. Another reason why being stuck on the thought that Water and Grass are special oriented types is not a good idea is because of new people getting introduced to the series with every new generation. That means, they never really had to deal with those kinds of restrictions that were present in past generations (unless they come across one of the older games, of course).

Years
  • Yeah that's true. However, there have been physically oriented Pokemon of those types around in that time. Water had Gyarados, Seaking, Kabutops (all of them being introduced in gen 1), Azumarill (which became a physical attacker in gen 3), Swampert, Sharpedo and Crawdaunt (introduced in gen 3) and Grass had not that many, but Victreebell, Breloom and Cacturne where prominent ones.

We may have had a physical field of both types, but due to the fact they were exclusively special prior to the physical/special split was just coincidental most of the moves stayed special. Most types usually tended to stick more towards the category they were aligned with prior to the split, such as Ground, Dark and Rock mainly learning physical attacks and ones like Ice, Fire or Psychic mainly getting special moves.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    We may have had a physical field of both types, but due to the fact they were exclusively special prior to the physical/special split was just coincidental most of the moves stayed special. Most types usually tended to stick more towards the category they were aligned with prior to the split, such as Ground, Dark and Rock mainly learning physical attacks and ones like Ice, Fire or Psychic mainly getting special moves.
    All Dark type moves did special damage, though, despite being clearly physical attacks, like Bite, Crunch and Feint.

Anyway: what's your thought on Water Pledge and Hydro Cannon? They are restricted to Water starters only. Do you like that or should they be accessible to more Pokemon and which ones would you like to learn them in that case?

Years
  • All Dark type moves did special damage, though, despite being clearly physical attacks, like Bite, Crunch and Feint.

That was prior to 4th Gen though, to clarify. I tend to leave the "before physical/special split" stuff in the past because of how terrible it was.

What's your thought on Water Pledge and Hydro Cannon? They are restricted to Water starters only. Do you like that or should they be accessible to more Pokemon and which ones would you like to learn them in that case?

I don't think the starter-exclusive moves need to be expanded, because the three Pledge moves are linked in a way, having similar effects in battle. I feel like these moves should be left the way they are.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Yo. Incommung newbie.

Username: Meemster
    Partner: Feraligatr

Reasons 4 joining: Water mons are pretty cool, it's amongst my favourite types, and is my favourite starter type. Surf is badass too. And the first mon I brought to tje league was a water mon so that is cool. Plus a lot of cool pokes are water mons so yeh.

What's your thought on Water Pledge and Hydro Cannon? I despise them with a passion. The former is weak as hell, the other is literally a Hyper beam clone. Gah.

Years
  • Yo. Incommung newbie.

Username: Meemster
    Partner: Feraligatr

Reasons 4 joining: Water mons are pretty cool, it's amongst my favourite types, and is my favourite starter type. Surf is badass too. And the first mon I brought to tje league was a water mon so that is cool. Plus a lot of cool pokes are water mons so yeh.

What's your thought on Water Pledge and Hydro Cannon? I despise them with a passion. The former is weak as hell, the other is literally a Hyper beam clone. Gah.

Surf is a great move, one of the few HMs that isn't just essential, but reliable as well since most Water-types tend to use special moves and benefit well from it. And I bet you (and many others) may not have noticed, but Water Pledge (and the other Pledge moves) actually had its Base Power buffed to 80 in 6th Gen, so it actually now hits decently hard.

Hope you enjoy the club!

Also, a notice for everyone: Username change season is now underway, so if anyone in this club is planning a username change, do inform me so I can update your name on the member list so we can avoid confusion.

Killua

Username: Absol!!! (maybe i will change to killua!!!)
    Partner: Greninja

Reasons: water mons are cool

What's your thought on Water Pledge and Hydro Cannon? i so not really care about Water pledge, but Hydro cannon is not bad, it s useful if the bokemon is about to die or in-game on the shift mode where you can switch out, after koing the enemy with this move

Reactions: Sun
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back