• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Since Steven's more or less confirmed to play some big role in-game, I don't think either of them will be champion, sadly. If they did want to make them so, I'd like it to be Wallace, just like how it was before. If not, then perhaps they could make them both play as gym leaders, and you get to choose which you leader want to battle?

Perhaps they could design their gym in such a way, that it has two, separate paths; one would lead you to Juan, and other to Wallace. If you ask me, that would be pretty amusing!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Since Steven's more or less confirmed to play some big role in-game, I don't think either of them will be champion, sadly. If they did want to make them so, I'd like it to be Wallace, just like how it was before. If not, then perhaps they could make them both play as gym leaders, and you get to choose which you leader want to battle?

Perhaps they could design their gym in such a way, that it has two, separate paths; one would lead you to Juan, and other to Wallace. If you ask me, that would be pretty amusing!

Love your idea. <3

Or perhaps, Wallace may act as the Sootopolis Gym Leader while Steven as the Champion pre-credit rolls. After completing post-game events(think Sevii Islands quests from FrLg) Wallace will be promoted as the Champion (for subsequent E4 rematches), while Steven can be re-battled in Meteor Falls and finally Juan of course will succeed Wallace's Gym. To strengthen the link between Wallace, Juan and Steven naturally this post game event shall be directly related to them. We shall have our Water-type Champion and Water-type Gym Leader in one game again. <3 All hail Water-type. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Love your idea. <3

Or perhaps, Wallace may act as the Sootopolis Gym Leader while Steven as the Champion pre-credit rolls. After completing post-game events(think Sevii Islands question from FrLg) Wallace will be promoted as the Champion (for subsequent E4 rematches), while Steven can be re-battled in Meteor Falls and finally Juan of course will succeed Wallace's Gym. To strengthen the link between Wallace, Juan and Steven naturally this post game event shall be directly related to them. We shall have our Water-type Champion and Water-type Gym Leader in one game again. <3 All hail Water-type. :P

Actually, this idea sounds a lot better, to be honest! This way, both RS and Emerald storyline aspects would be incorporated into one, having it all make sense. Steven's said to be exploring throughout the region to study mega-evolution stones, and if he were to be stuck in-duty over at Pokémon League, logically, he would be unable to do such things. If he's not champion anymore post-game, he'd be allowed to choose roam wherever he wishes.

I'd really like them to implement some way for us to battle both Juan and Wallace; am an equal fan of both.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Current topic:
    Which none-Water Pokémon should be part of our Water-type family? :p

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I wanna join :D

Your nickname: Apollo

Partner Pokemon: Kingdra

Reason for Joining the Club: I love water type Pokemon! They always find a spot in my team - and no, not because of Surf. Although it plays quite a role.. Anyway, in my opinion I find water types to be really strong and have varied designs and movesets to counter their weaknesses. I like tons of water-types such as Azumarill, Lapras and Vaporeon but for this club I chose Kingdra, although I haven't used him outside of the occasional situation of him being in one of my random teams in Showdown, he has a great design and I'm looking forward to using him in the challenge I'm taking!

Which none-Water Pokémon should be part of our Water-type family?
    Lugia, definitely. :p I guess the reason for his psychic typing is to make Lugia and Ho-oh "equal", but honestly I still would have preferred it if Lugia was water waaaay more.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • Your nickname: Kokoro

Partner Pokemon: Floatzel

Reason for Joining the Club: I've always loved Water types since the day I first started playing Pokemon. All the Water types have a great moveset and are powerful.

Answer to the current topic:

CURRENT TOPIC:
    Which none-Water Pokémon should be part of our Water-type family?

Lugia. He/She is known as the Guardian of the Seas.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, that's what I also thought. They've definitely managed to surprise me with it, though, which I liked. Also, welcome to water-type club, Kokoro! Have to agree with you here; Lugia definitely needs to be water-type. If you ask, psychic just doesn't seem to suit this Pokémon too well, mostly due to design.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    One of the Pokemon that I want to be Water-type is Masquerain, because why not? xD
    Water/Bug is a good typing, moreover Surskit, which is Masquerain's pre-evo form, is part Water too. :)

Lugia is TOO associated with water, therefore it makes perfect sense if it's part Water-type. :)

Inkay and Malamar's official typing is sure interesting. :) I guess she's made to troll players, similar to a certain tree-like Pokemon. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, I thought that Masquerain was always water-type, haha. I suppose I'm wrong! I agree, though, having it become water would indeed be a good idea. It's got the right color scheme, anyway, which is blue, so only thing that's left is retyping.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Masquerain definitely needs to be retyped! :( Bug/Water is a cool combo, but once Surskit evolves it turns into a boring re-used combination. I'm pretty sure it would benefit more from a Bug/Water typing lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yup, agreed. Even then, it would still be eligible to learn flying-type attacks, which is fantastic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    Your nickname: BennyM

Partner Pokemon: Spheal

Reason for Joining the Club: I have always loved water type pokemon ever since I started with pokemon Diamond. My favorite pokemon on most teams has been a water type. They are versatile and range from badass to cute. They have an array of qualities that all other types only dream of that is why I want to join this club.

Answer to the current topic: Which Non-Water type pokemon should be apart of our water type family? I would say Eelektross because it is an eel pokemon and its coloration vaguely resembles water type coloration. Also, its gen 6 sprite looks like it is swimming

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • Hello everyone! I was known as Normal Spirit the last time I was here, so here I am! Sorry it's been such a long time since I've been on.

I think that we should include Dragalge in the Water-Type family. After all, it did start out as one (I think). :P

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Which non-Water type Pokemon should be a part of our Water type family?

I am still intrigued as to why Azurill is not a Water-type like its evolutions but just a Normal-type. Same thing goes for the Inkay family, Dragalge, Lugia, Stunfisk and Masquerain.

Last edited:

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • Which non-Water type Pokemon should be a part of our Water type family?

I am still intrigued as to why Azurill is not a Water-type like its evolutions but just a Normal-type. Same thing goes for the Inkay family, Dragalge, Lugia, Stunfisk and Masquerain.

I agree with that. The pokemon that mostly bugs me about the typing is Masquerain (no pun intended). Not only does it have the word "rain" in its name as a play on words, but it's pre-evolution is part water. I think they should have kept it a bug/water type instead of going for the final bug/flying type for Masquerain. I am not a fan of bug types, but there are too many bug/flying bugs!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Current topic: Which Water-type Pokémon you are going to include in your ORAS in-game team? Why this Pokémon in particular? (In case of pure Water-type team, list all the members.)

Years
  • Which Water-type Pokémon you are going to include in your ORAS in-game team? Why this Pokémon in particular?

My starter of course a.k.a. the Mudkip line. It was my Hoenn starter of choice in the original versions and it's no surprise I plan to use it again so I can replicate my 11-year-old self, and to make it even more of a shout-out to my original Swampert from Ruby, I will even try resetting for a female because that Swampert was the only time I ever used a female starter so that's what made her special.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Which Water-type Pokémon you are going to include in your ORAS in-game team? Why this Pokémon in particular?

My starter of course a.k.a. the Mudkip line. It was my Hoenn starter of choice in the original versions and it's no surprise I plan to use it again so I can replicate my 11-year-old self, and to make it even more of a shout-out to my original Swampert from Ruby, I will even try resetting for a female because that Swampert was the only time I ever used a female starter so that's what made her special.

Remaking the old team eh? :p

I love Milotic, Swampert, Sharpedo but I used em too much. :p Therefore I'm trying to include Crawdaunt this time for OR, it's gonna be my first time having him in my team. :) Hopefully he's going to be an interesting fella. ;)

Planned this moveset for him. :p
    Dragon Dance/Sword Dance
    Crunch
    Waterfall/Aqua Jet
    Filler move: X-Scissor/Body Slam/Aerial Ace

Not sure on my Water-type for AS, not buying it right away anyways. :p So I can take my time. :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back