• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    Your nickname: Magnetic

Partner Pokemon: Kingler

Reason for Joining the Club: Water types are my favorite, probably because I love sea creatures in real life. If the Pokemon world was real, I'd probably have a heavily influenced water team.

Answer to the current topic: I'd lose the super effective influence of grass. Water putting out fire makes sense, but why does grass work so well against water? I know it's to keep the balance of the three starter types, but it doesn't make sense to me!

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • Ohhh!!
    A water-type pokemon club! I want to join!

Your nickname: Dots

Partner Pokemon: Lanturn
    ~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Reason for Joining: I wanted to join because after my Chinchou evolved into Lanturn, I started realizing that water-type Pokemon are so cute!!

Answer to current topic:
    Water-type will be SUPER EFFECTIVE TO ALL TYPES! Of course they would drown because of Surf. But normally effective to grass...

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • CURRENT TOPIC:
    What changes would you create to the water type if you could?

Your nickname: Kurobat

Partner Pokemon: Swampert

Reason for Joining the Club: I love water types! They were my favorite TCG type but in-game, it really started when I chose Mudkip as starter in Ruby. Also, Water is my first mono-type challenge ever.

Answer to the current topic: Well, I would add Dragalge to the pile.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to all new members; it's great to have you on board in our water-type fan club!

Removing super-effectiveness of grass against water does make sense, if you ask me. Grass does absorb water and whatnot, but can't that be applied the other way around as well? As in, grass having little to no effect on them? In real life, while plants and such do take in water, the water, however, is still residing in them, so if this idea is put into effect, thing would seem a little balanced, at least in my eyes.

I hope I'm making sense here, haha. If not, then I'm sorry; I'll try explaining again at a later time.

Reactions: Sun

jombii

Years
  • Welcome to all new members; it's great to have you on board in our water-type fan club!

Removing super-effectiveness of grass against water does make sense, if you ask me. Grass does absorb water and whatnot, but can't that be applied the other way around as well? As in, grass having little to no effect on them? In real life, while plants and such do take in water, the water, however, is still residing in them, so if this idea is put into effect, thing would seem a little balanced, at least in my eyes.

I hope I'm making sense here, haha. If not, then I'm sorry; I'll try explaining again at a later time.

One of the type effectiveness I don't really understand until now. I saw one comic before of a Squirtle being cut by grass blades, but that could easily have been steel, right?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Welcome to the club all of you! It's great to see some new faces here. :)

While that does make sense, I'm pretty sure the purpose of grass's effectiveness to water was to create a rock-paper-scissors scenario between the three types. So fire worked against grass while water drowned out the fire and so forth. It's definitely logical for water and grass to work viceversa or against each other but it'd probably disrupt the flow of things. Think of it as a triangle almost.

Steel vs water is actually a really interesting one. Just now you mentioned that the steel blades could of cut through Squirtle but earlier it was mentioned that some types of steel or metal could probably rust under water. While the latter isn't an instant effect, I think they could do a thing where both are supereffective against each other, kinda like how ghosts or dragons can work against their own types.

I'm surprised they didn't make Dragalge a water type either. :( I think it was so it didn't seem too much like a Kingdra ripoff but still. At least make it water/poison if you're concerned about the lack of creativity?

jombii

Years
  • Welcome to the club all of you! It's great to see some new faces here. :)

While that does make sense, I'm pretty sure the purpose of grass's effectiveness to water was to create a rock-paper-scissors scenario between the three types. So fire worked against grass while water drowned out the fire and so forth. It's definitely logical for water and grass to work viceversa or against each other but it'd probably disrupt the flow of things. Think of it as a triangle almost.

Steel vs water is actually a really interesting one. Just now you mentioned that the steel blades could of cut through Squirtle but earlier it was mentioned that some types of steel or metal could probably rust under water. While the latter isn't an instant effect, I think they could do a thing where both are supereffective against each other, kinda like how ghosts or dragons can work against their own types.

I'm surprised they didn't make Dragalge a water type either. :( I think it was so it didn't seem too much like a Kingdra ripoff but still. At least make it water/poison if you're concerned about the lack of creativity?

When Steel was first introduced, I really thought it was weak to water because my childish mind does not really get how rust works, of course. And Surf was SE against Steelix so yeah.

I really wanted Dragalge for Water-Poison. But then, they need a Dragon who is strong against fairies so yeah. It just surprised me, is all.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Nickname - IndianCharizard#

Partner pokemon- Blastoise

Reason for joining the club - The reason I joined the club is because I love water type, sometimes they are slow but they are always bulky and cool.

What changes would you create to water types if you could - well its a difficult question, if I would have gotten any chance I would have tried to change water types cause they are cool and special the way they are.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome, Charizard; it's nice to see you join!

Dragalge being dragon-type didn't quite surprise me; its appearance does remind me (and many others) of dragon-type Pokémon, which I believe would be one reason, haha. Though, seeing it become water-poison instead wouldn't have been too bad, either; there aren't much Pokémon out there with this particular combination (only one I could think of at the moment is Tentacruel), so I feel it would indeed be sweet if there were more.

I like Dragalge, though; its design seems to be pretty unique! I haven't used it much in terms of competitive, however, so in regards to that, I have no clue how good it is or isn't. I did have this Pokémon on my team at one point in Y version, but that was in-game, which doesn't precisely count.

Diver Girl

Number #1 Misty Fan
    Years

• Your nickname: Diver Girl

Partner Pokemon:
    Mega Sharpedo

Reason for Joining the Club:
    Because I love Water type Pokemon.

Answer to the current topic:
    If I could change anything about Water types I would give all the bad water types like Luvdisc and Qwilfish evolutions.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

• Your nickname: Diver Girl

Partner Pokemon:
    Mega Sharpedo

Reason for Joining the Club:
    Because I love Water type Pokemon.

Answer to the current topic:
    If I could change anything about Water types I would give all the bad water types like Luvdisc and Qwilfish evolutions.

Welcome to the club diver girl!
    Wow you must love water type pokemon haha sounds like this club is the right place for you!
    Hmm i guess i can make a new topic just gotta come up with one haha lets see.....

Which water types would be the best/easiest to ride on?

Honestly id probably ride on Milotic because its so cute and beautiful gotta be stylish :3
    Others would be wailord ya thats right im riding on a giant whale that can crush u haha :D,
    Lapras which a lot of people do haha, and a mega gyarados or sharpedo it be pretty fast on sharpedo and both would strike fear into my enemies!

Diver Girl

Number #1 Misty Fan
    Years
  • Which water types would be the best/easiest to ride on?
    Easiest would be either Lapras or Wailord because Wailord is so big and Lapras is the Transport Pokemon and the best Pokemon to ride on is Sharpedo because of speed and speed is good.

jombii

Years
  • Welcome, new members! Have fun!

Discounting Lapras, because that would be really obvious, Samurott fits the bill.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Makoto said he's been quite busy so that's why he hasn't been around in a while, so I'll update the member list tonight for him and get you all in.

Lapras, obviously. Wailmer and Wailord because of their sheer size would be convenient, as well as Kyogre and Gyarados. Poliwrath could probably do it because of its great strength, even though it is kind of small for holding a human.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If the Pokémon at hand is carrying only a single person, I would say Wailmer.

It's an un-evolved Pokémon, so naturally, it's not going to have much strength in itself as its evolution might. However, it could still carry its trainer on its back if Wailmer wishes, I believe, as it isn't overly weak. Plus, it also has enough space on itself for us to sit. Only thing that concerns me, though, is that its skin might be slightly slippery, but if we put this aside, I don't feel it'd be much of an issue.

When it comes to more than one person--three, perhaps--Wailord would likely be our safest best here. It's gargantuan, and although it does have slippery body as its pre-evo, I still believe it could get the job done, one way or another!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

If Lapras is referred to as the transport pokemon, then obviously it'd be the best choice. Excluding Lapras however, I'd probably find myself riding a Suicune or Sharpedo. Sure, neither of them are exactly safe choices but they'd add a sense of adventure and excitement while surfing.

Suicune would be like a horse mixed with a rabbit on water. It'd skim the ocean's surface and hop or gallop around at high speeds, allowing for quick transport while also being rather unique compared to the other pokemon available.

On the other hand, Sharpedo would be the pokemon form of a jetski. Gotta go fast, after all.

I'm not really sure which of the two would be better but they'd both be amazing to ride. Lapras and Wailord are pretty cool transporters too. :D

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Easily, Kyogre. Kyogre's like the king of the sea! Riding him under and in the sea feels awesome. :) While Sharpedo's fast speed is cool too.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Oh yes a water-type club :D

My nickname: kingdenas
    Partner pokémon: Buizel
    Reason for joining the club: Because I love water-type pokémon.I always loved the sea, I think everything that is under the sea it's beautiful. That's why I love water-type pokémon :)

I think Lapras because it's more easy to sit on it.But if you want to travel fast in the sea, maybe Sharpedo :)

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Oh yes a water-type club :D

My nickname: kingdenas
    Partner pokémon: Buizel
    Reason for joining the club: Because I love water-type pokémon.I always loved the sea, I think everything that is under the sea it's beautiful. That's why I love water-type pokémon :)

I think Lapras because it's more easy to sit on it.But if you want to travel fast in the sea, maybe Sharpedo :)
    Welcome to the club, new member! :)

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Congratulations to Diving Deep for being one of the 2 Best Clubs of 2014. We tied with Pyromancers, but still top 2. I'm proud to be the founder and I enjoy seeing how many people have joined.

I enjoy the thought of riding on Gyarados. Just riding in on that angry beast makes me smile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back