• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well the music certainly seems to have an effect, at least. Hard to find people who don't like Touhou's music (if nothing else) after having heard it. Heck, that's how a lot of people get into the series.

And that about the underaged and circlejerkers could really be said about most things, really. Comment sections for youtube and the like are usually breeding grounds for crap and are pretty toxic(hence why I sort pretty much any comment section I go to by best and, even then, generally ignore them), but I don't really see what bearing that has on Touhou's community. They're pretty much the minority, to a great extent, and they're hardly representative of most of us.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Got me on point 3. I said that the fandom is much like any other, wasn't targeting 2hu fans with that comment.

Point 1 - Just go and take a look at a few. They are Titans and Naruto comment section tier bad. WHEN I GO TO SCHOOL I AM GOING TO CALL ALL OF MY FRIENDS BAKAS.

Only thing worse than that is when people make accounts with character/celebrity names and comment on anything. Oh and the generic ''WELCOME TO X'' or ''SCOUTING FOR X'' on sports highlight videos. Psyduck those guys.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
@machomuu

Basically elaborated on what I said.

I'm too sick to try to reason anything out right now.

I think I understand now after seeing this.

fiC8QRB.png

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I'm just not really seeing what it is you have against it, then. And I wouldn't pursue it so much if it wasn't brought up practically every time the series is mentioned. Touhou and its fandom mean a lot to me, as well, so it's not exactly easy to brush off when it's not-so-sarcastically insulted pretty much every time.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

''2hu is ghey'' is a pretty serious bash.

I don't even know what I have against it but every fiber of my being is, so it pretty much can't be helped.

Akiba

Years

A quick search for "2hu is ghey" turns up this.

M0IsUAp.png

I'll leave the interpretation up to you.

Akiba

Years

I can relate. I hated SAO from the bottom of my soul until after season two. Now it's -8999 instead of -9001.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

That dude is clearly a funposter.

Watching season 2 after supposedly hating the first. I'm doubting the depths of your hatred, young man.

SAO is a weird one, the common opinion is that the first arc is genuinely good and then the second ruins it. I could only get ironic enjoyment out of the show and that was mostly in part 2. Glad SAO 2 didn't come up in topic here too often over the last 6 months or I might have felt the need to suffer it again.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I'm jealous of Netto, I wish people would attack my taste more often. It shouldn't be too hard, I unironically enjoyed Naruto for the most part. Take out post Itachi Sasuke and Madara's last ocuple of transformations and it would have been great.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Yeah, but we know you won't care. And pretty much everything bad to be said about Naruto has already been said several times pretty much everywhere on the internet, same for those that watch/read it. There's pretty much no point in insulting the big three anymore.

Akiba

Years

My problem with Naruto is this.

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Suppose it might be a bit difficult to truly hate on my taste because I don't think there is a genre/them I really dislike.

Naruto filler was a mixed bag. Most of the big chunk at the end of the first series was pretty fun, although that might just be because Hinata featured a lot. Shippuden has been more bad than good but there were still some good ones, that Chikara arc for instance. My biggest problem with the filler was the odd scenes they'd throw in which didn't make sense, ones like kid naruto playing with some of the other boys from his class.

Looking forward for the filler arc in January actually. It takes place during the first timeskip and shows how the rest of the Konoha 11 became Chunin whilst Nururu was away.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That's why I can't do some longer running anime. I feel like I'm missing out when I don't watch the filler (because sometimes they actually add things, reinforce existing elements, or are just generally good) but at the same time, filler arcs can often be a drag to trek through. Back when I was younger and followed all of the Big 3, I had to stop watching Bleach because I just couldn't when, during the Hueco Mundo arc, they said, "Yo, I know you're enjoying this, but lemme stop you and tell you a completely unrelated story".

I've mentioned before that I started following Naruto through the Ultimate Ninja Storm games, and I think this scene adequately shows why pretty well (this is just the cutscene heavy part. Earlier in the fight it does this thing where it switches between one of two NaruvSasu encounters in the past, and I think the idea is cleverly implemented).

http://youtu.be/twlHRx-pY9g?t=3m12s

Other than the fact that I'm a big fan of CC2's cinematography and that every cutscene looks pretty damn good, It's a semi-brief experience that balances story with gameplay pretty well. Can't wait for 4, which should stretch to the end. It'll be good times.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Kind of weird that they are adding filler when the manga is already over, wonder if it means they'll be animating the next series. If so I hope they add some post 'The Last' filler as well. Considering the anime and game staff are bigger Hinatahags than me I'm thinking this is very possible.

Was that the arc where the swords were rebelling, if so that one was actually better than the mexico arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back