• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

He didn't do much, he had a few cool lines though. The one where he tells Mikado to man up when it comes to Anri. Can't really complain about him, he's pretty much in a hypnotized state.

Didn't like Anri much but it seems she will be fine in the later series/novels, same with Kida. Last 2 arcs were pretty crap but all is well that ends well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

The worst part, though, is that his hypnotism is his personality. Main reason I think he's a dickbag is because he just kind of leads this girl on because "she'll do until she gets her memory back"- her memories from being a different person. He just indulges in her because she looks like the other person, but he really doesn't care about her despite all she's done, which is...eh...

Same with the whole manning up thing. It can be good advice, but considering his ****ed up mentality about relationships, I'd take it with huge amounts of salt.

Then again, he does get dem biddies, so ¯\_(´¬`)_/¯

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

They certainly had a messed up relationship, found it pretty fun to watch though. Certainly more than Saika and the stupid gang war.

Mikado seems to have a lot of potential, hope he goes into full keikaku mode later on.

I watched in Jap because of that cast but I loved the English dub for Baccano.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I watched that one dubbed, as well. No real reason for it, though it had a solid dub (probably the weakest role was Mikado). It was also one of Bryce Papenbrook's earliest and most major roles before he took on the monopoly of dark haired mains with the new generation of voice actors.

I was a sad that Isaac and Miria didn't have the same voice actors as they did in Baccano!, though.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Was going to watch Baccano! dubbed, but ended up starting to watch it together with a sub purist. So Japanese it is.

He shares my love for Panty and Stocking's English dub though, so all is well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Aw, that's unfortunate. I don't much care if people prefer subs or dubs for anime, but Baccano! is one of those shows that I pretty much force people to watch dubbed. Well, not "force", exactly, but I try pretty hard to drive home that they should watch it dubbed.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

I assume we all agree that these two were the best thing in DRRR.
    Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

We did try it in English to begin with to be fair, but as soon as the little girl in the prologue bit started talking he let out a "NOPE" and switched audio tracks.

Would be fun to hear English speakers say "Jacuzzi Splot" though. Must seem silly.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well scientist was voiced by Yuri Low, so that instantly gave him points. But yeah. Dullaqt was great, and I particularly loved her relationship with with Shizuo. Or the relationships between all the characters, really. The defined, less than black and white relationships did do a good deal for my enjoyment of the show.

We did try it in English to begin with to be fair, but as soon as the little girl in the prologue bit started talking he let out a "NOPE" and switched audio tracks.
    Seriously? Wow, he must be a purist. Her lines are pretty well voiced, I'd say. She sounds mature yet young and unassuming, which is pretty much her character. And she doesn't sound forced like kids in animated features can tend to. Regardless, though, she's far from cringeworthy.

Years
  • 303. I am at a crossroads here: Do I continue marathoning Trigun? I've got 19 episodes to go, then I'd be watching Badlands Rumble. At least, whenever I finished it, that is.

Alternatively, do I switch over to a sports game to run a team?

Or do I open up Crunchyroll and pick up watching Naruto/One Piece wherever I left off?

There's also the wildcard option of spending all these PS Store/eShop/Live Marketplace/Steam cards I have. But that'd require finding a game I want to buy.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

As much as I enjoy the frivolous spending of money on games (and, if you have Steam cards, head over here because we love you), I say go Trigun and finish it. I'm pretty sure you haven't even gotten to the meat of it yet.

On that note, I recommend you watch Badlands Rumble before you finish the show, mostly because it takes place before the end of the show, and also because...well, I can't say more, but after a certain other main is introduced, it's safe to watch.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Ew.

If it's between One Piece and buying games, I say buy games. At least you'll feel like you did something rather than trekking through an endless sea.

I mean, I like One Piece and all, but you'll at least get something out of games or Trigun. Or hell, even Naruto to some extent.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

>caring about endgame with shows like One Piece and not simply enjoying the ride

Hell, even with Naruto most of my enjoyment was along the way.

Years
  • As much as I enjoy the frivolous spending of money on games (and, if you have Steam cards, head over here because we love you), I say go Trigun and finish it. I'm pretty sure you haven't even gotten to the meat of it yet.

On that note, I recommend you watch Badlands Rumble before you finish the show, mostly because it takes place before the end of the show, and also because...well, I can't say more, but after a certain other main is introduced, it's safe to watch.

Not new to Steam sales, but I have a specific set of games I'm interested in at the moment. Crusader Kings 2 is probably not on sale in the price range of the Steam card I have.

Will I need to finish half of it before watching it?

What do you mean by this? Fantasy football or football manager?

Anyway, best bet is probably 1piss.

Not fantasy football, and probably not football manager. I'd be playing the relatively stripped down ones found in console versions of sports games. It'd probably be NBA 2K13, MLB The Show 12, or NHL 15.

But too late, already kicked up Naruto. Might only watch an episode of that, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back