• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious "Dni"

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    What are types of people you don't want to interact with? This can be irl or online.

If you joke about cancer/call people that word in any way, get the fuck away from me, period. I want noting to do with you.

...And phobic people I can just ignore. (Like my parents). But, I'm the type of person who will just quietly ignore you if I don't want anything to do with you since I don't have time for people I don't want anything to do with.

Years
    People who are just plain mean. I see it all the time. There's no consequences online so people take pleasure in behaving as depraved as they possibly can to strangers online. We're not just usernames, there's humans behind that. I just flat out block anyone who has a rotten attitude.

Years
    Fake people. If someone has very different views from mine, to the point that we are basically opposites, I respect that and I just won't get along with them, even if it hurts. On the other hand, I can't stand people who just wear a mask when they interact with you: they act in a certain way but in reality they aren't like that. The reason why I don't like this is for two reasons: it takes much time and a lot of trust from me to be open to other people and secondly, I value loyalty as something very important. I can do a lot for other people, especially for the ones for whom I really care. So, when somebody acts in a certain way to me and then it turns out they're just making everything up and they have a completely different opinion on me I feel betrayed and that's really bad for myself too, because I become even less keen to open myself to other people easily. I don't think I have expressed this at my best, but maybe it's still understandable.

Years
    People who remember you only when you want to get something done, and people who tell me what I am thinking. LIKE IT IS MY BRAIN, DUH.

Or when people say "You did x because x" like damn you can read my mind?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I'm tolerant to a lot of different outlooks but some people give off this ooze of nastiness where everything they say is tinged with bile, and they just have to be mean and sarcastic and negative. :( I'm like an emotional sponge so it just leaches into me, it's awful. They're the kind of people who make a hobby of it almost (I've known a few who will just sit in public places and make horrid comments at strangers). These kinds of people are usually very narcissistic as well and don't seem to realise that their revolting attitude is just reflecting back at them and making them the ugly ones.

Also, people who wish harm on others or joke about traumatic subjects. That is something that makes me really angry. I have to step away when I see/hear it because otherwise I'll get emotionally involved and that never works out for me.

This goes without saying but creepy people I avoid like the plague, especially incel-types lol. Even "mild" incels are extremely unsettling.

People who have you on rotation because they want something out of you, and if you're not available you KNOW they're just doing it to the next person, then the next. In other words, using you, never actually wanting to know you.

When people hate animals and/or children and old people, I find that hard to listen to, but depends on the individual and how bad it is. Prejudice of all kinds really upsets me but ageism is definitely up there and I feel like it's encouraged these days.

Disparaging and dismissing others for their looks is just... a huge no.

As mentioned in this thread, being told what I think and feel, or what I SHOULD be like, is a surefire way to infuriate me!

I cannot really handle judgemental / controlling / confrontational personalities.

tl;dr what Gardevoir said, pretty much just bullies that come in all shapes and sizes.

Years
    Experienced this before and again today, another kind of people I can't stand :
    In a bus, etc..., people who, for this or that, think other people should be aware of everything around them at all times.
    This person enters the bus, quick, get up from your seat (any seat) this instant and let them sit!
    Couldn't they just ask, couldn't they just say please ? Oh no, we are supposed to spot them right away and show them one-way respect! And once we let them sit, do they say "thank you" ? Of course not.
    Then they go on about education, politeness, ...

Last edited:
    Years
    Fellow het men who make casual misogynist remarks thinking I'd be cool with it. Please fuck off thanks.

pkmin3033

Although I'm on 98% of people's "DNI" list for some reason or another so that's all fine and dandy.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    People who guilt trip others. I realise at times it is unintentional but if it is a frequent occurrence then I avoid speaking to those types of people altogether.

People who have no respect or just lack awareness of other people's boundaries. Some people scare me in how far they breach other people's privacy, space and the fact that they don't seem to realise how uncomfortable their behaviour is. Regardless of whether it happens to me or it is someone I know doing that to someone else, I'll also avoid those people when I see it.

People who project their insecurities onto others through putting them down for example. I'm not sure how to describe it but I pick up or sense this a lot from people. Again I think it can be something people do unintentionally at times but when it's something more frequent or deliberate, it's unpleasant and draining to be around. :(

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    PokéCommunity user Juno

but yea what everyone has said covers it. just be nice!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    PokéCommunity user Juno
    um bestie??

But on a more serious note I don't really think I've encountered too many very mean or rude people online (aside from pokecommunity user inky) or offline that I've had to interact with, at least. Like maybe I'll see an unhinged tweet or YouTube comment here and there, but I don't interact with those in general anyway.

I think Sophie's post resonates with me more than just straight up mean or nasty people; people who can't respect boundaries, lack the awareness that they're being overbearing, lacks introspection, etc. Pretty much exactly what she said, actually, the more I think about it - I can think of a lot more people who really frustrate me because they seem to think they are very nice and kind because they do and say surface level nice things, and because of that they somehow believe they are entitled to friendship or your time, without understanding how self-centered they're actually being. I think I hate that a lot more than like, cartoonishly mean people, or at least I've had to deal with that more than overt bullies, I guess.

Years
    • Seen today
    Explosive temperaments make me nervous.

I don't like the feeling of treading ice with every word I speak.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    People who relativate stuff and like to make assumption on how people act, often times based on their own experiences in life. That's especially annoying when you deal with the business kind of person who had way too much luck in their life.

Years
    I'd rather not interact with climate change deniers. I would question this person's judgement if they really think it's okay to deforest, farm, pollute and burn as much fossil fuel as we want, and that it has no impact on the environment. If they actually know better, but think the money or present comfort is more important than the ecosystem, then I would question their character.

Years
    I'd rather not interact with climate change deniers. I would question this person's judgement if they really think it's okay to deforest, farm, pollute and burn as much fossil fuel as we want, and that it has no impact on the environment. If they actually know better, but think the money or present comfort is more important than the ecosystem, then I would question their character.

The reason we have to use wooden utensils and paper straws while Kylie Jenner takes three minute flights on her jet.

Back