• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do Nintendo events make you angry?

Do Nintendo events make you angry?

• Total voters

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    They should at the very least have an event in every state..

I don't think Nintendo has even heard of Utah. :|

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    If you live in the UK you're screwed if you don't live close to a nintendo event if it ever happens in the UK like the Dexoy's your screwed so overall yes I make me angry as i fit in both of these things

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    True. I wanna all Pokémon. For example, I have Latios in Emerald, and I want my Latias !! And...Well...I want Nintendo events, but not for getting exclusive Pokémon, I want them for meeting new people, bragging, fighting, trading...You guys know what I mean, right ?? xD

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Like someone else said before, it's not the event themselves, but the locations. Nintendo should realise not everyone has the time to travel all over the world just to get one freaking Pokemon. If they're to dis-encourage glitching, importing (since some versions of the Japanese Diamond and Pearl are glitched), and cheating, they should at least put more in other major cities and countries (Such as the UK). Having the first few in Manhattan didn't help either. It's only an one hour drive from where I live, however for other people, they'd have to spend hours, even days, in order to get to events in locations like that.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    Events are incredible fun to go to and attend. Getting special Pokemon is a bonus to me. If anything, events should be more widespread and frequent, though I understand that it may not be possible due to expenditures. As for exclusive Pokemon, it's really a SOL for me. I may not get one, but I'm not going to get upset about it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2012
    Meh, so what if you cant "catch em all". I killed the Groudon im my Ruby and killed the Kyogre in Sapphire, big deal. But if ur one of those ppl who want them so badly but the Nintendo Events arent in your town, cheat or get over it

(trying to say in the NICEST way possible)

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    Obviously, my mum wouldn't let me go because there's a thing called patience and in the UK they came only once and in AMERICA they had lots events.

And seriously it was like the best game in the UK for GBA.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    They do make me pretty upset because they make me unable to get some of the cooler legendaries like Celebi and Jirachi. They should make them obtainable in otherways. I mean its not like people can just skip school or something to go to a Nintendo Event.

But with Wifi coming with Diamond and Pearl it'll be a bit easier to get pokemon only obtainable by event right?

Bkue

(Ba-Kooo)
    Years
    Exactly. It would be nice if they could do them in other places too, where people can get to easier. Flying to New York just to get Deoxys sounds rather pointless.

Or just quit events all together and give everyone else a chance at completing their Pokedex :D

XD:

Airport Attendant: And why are you going to New York on this fine day?
    Kid: To Get Deoxys!!!1

Okay it just sounded better when It was in my own head.

piplupbetterthanturwigandchimchar

Experienced Trainer(Bored)
    Years
    You know, if you mix records with someone with one of these tickets, you can get your own and they will still have theirs. We got an Eon ticket to southern island from an e-reader card and we mixed records with the others. Try it, it works. That's how I have both Lati's

Last edited:
    Years
    My main problem with Nintendo Events are that they are located only in a few select cities. If they did what they did at Toys R' Us, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Oh yeas, very very much. But hopefully, since that the games are wifi, we might be able to get the tickets or whatever they are from a download!!....... But if Nintendo somehow makes a profit from those events, then they probably wont stop! -_-

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    Like I've said, Tickets are merely incentives to go. They may be your main priorities, but most anyone who went to the JAA in the United States can attest to having a great time. You can meet new people (a bunch cute guys play Pokemon *_*) and make new friends, and there's *nothing* better than cheering on a battle on stage, especially with an announcer.

StarLife

+Knowledge is Defense
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2007
    +They're Really Annoying! ^.^ .::. I Hope They Make Events On Wi-Fi.

AC

Pokemon Master in the making..
    Years
    Yes I agree with everyone. I am not particulary happy with the events,and I will never cheat on the game. ( I hate gameshark noobs -.-) But since I live in a small town in North East Texas im stuck with never having any events coming to me. Its not a big deal since I really dont care about Jirachi and Deoxeys. Only thing that really iratates me is that even if I have Wi-Fi my computer is still to slow I belive... And I have DSL -.- So to put it in easy terms to understand. I am screwed no matter what... >=[

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I dont like cheating, nor do I want to go to an event just for one purpose. I think most of us think that Wi-Fi is the best idea. But Nintendo may think its too easy... =/

I think youd have to beat the E4 first, then download the thing off Wi-Fi, and still have the little quest you have to do (like going to the islands and stuff) only its a lot harder, since, after all, theyll all be availible on Wi-Fi. So youd need like a good long quest thatd take a few days to complete, then youd feel like you'd earned that Pokémon youd been trying so hard to get =P

Years
    I voted "Yes" on the poll but I would like them (as someone previously mentioned) If they came where I live (Canada) Insted of always being in the US the UK or Japan. I hope they make events over wi-fi, but ... Nintendo is a buissnes. Buissneses like money. (To my knowledge of nintendo events) Nintendo events make money. If im right, nintendo might not let up on the events any time soon.

Last edited:
    Back