• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Pokemon eat each other?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Pokedex also mentions i think Pidgy eating Worms. Not pokemon but worms. And throughout the anime you can hear normal bird sounds and such. Maybe they need to address is sometime. Like have a regular dog come out and chase Pikachu so people know that the 600 species of Pokemon arent the only animals in the universe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2011
    Yes they certainly dooo...

I still remember Feraligatr "bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up." pokedex said.

Poor magikarp.

The Red Chain

I wouldn't doubt it, animals kill each other. XD
    Children show or not, the killing prolly takes place off-screen. >w>;

I wouldn't mind trying a Magikarp myself if it weren't for the lack of meat.
    Good thing the anime already warned us about that one.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • Muslims in the pokemon world can't eat tepig too.

I hate it when ppl say that they only eat berries.

LOL if pokemon existed it would be KFP in kanto or sumthing :P

I don't think there are religions at all in the Pokémon World xD
    That's just because of Evolution and Arceus :p

DnP

Years
  • i wonder if legendaries pokemon eat anything? lol Od.
    it was hilarious when james and jassie were trying to eat a magikarp, is it possible to cook a pokemon like the real animal in real world?

i believe not all pokemon eats other pokemon.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • I would say yes since this is addressed in the dex several times. And I think people eat pokemon as well since you see them eating huge legs of meat and such in the anime. Even Prof. Oak admits to eating a Krabby or something in one of the older episodes xD

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • There are animals in the Pokemon World. They're not just abundant or got extinct.

Do Pokemon eat each other?

And with Pokedex entries, I guess Pokemon eat Pokemon.
    The anime just didn't show how. lol.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, judging from some of the Pokédex entries, some Pokémon might eat other Pokémon. I don't really know, though. But it is expected.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, Team Rocket tried to eat Togepi when it was still an egg, and they said that Pidgeotto eat Caterpie when ash was catching his.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • Hahaha, oh sure they do. It's natural!

But as for humans eating Pokemon...hmmmmm...I wonder if they eat Miltanks for steak? lol If you like seafood, humans probably don't just eat Magicarp! They probably have all sorts! Gyardos is probably a specialty! lol

Awwww, I wonder if trainers of certain Pokemon that get eaten eat those Pokemon...lol. Like you own a Goldeen...and eat them too! Creepy!

No different than a cow farmer eating a cow! Or a chicken! lol

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    This is a pretty interesting topic. I remember once in one of the first pokemon episodes pidgeotto tried to eat Ash's caterpie, it was a really long time ago so Im not sure if I can remember, Ash caught it in the end anyways.

I guess Bugs, rattatas, small water type fish are at the bottom of the food chain.

Years
  • Hell, I'd be a vegetarian, what if there was a Pokémon revolt? We'd stand no chance at all!

As for Pokémon eating Pokémon, I'm sure they have a complex food chain with Magikarp pretty near the bottom

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • I also think that Pokémon eat each other and that humans also eat Pokémon, specially when you know that Ash and Co. have been seen in the anime eating hot dogs, pizza and other things that require meat and the Team Rocket member in Pokémon GSC and HGSS that mentioned that Slowpoke's tail is tasty.

Last edited:

xoenrt2099

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    your question is interesting .in real life that animals eat each other so it is very possible that Pokemon eat each other

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • There have been plenty of instances where real-life animals havde been in the show, like in misty's gym pool/aquarium.

Hahaha, oh sure they do. It's natural!

But as for humans eating Pokemon...hmmmmm...I wonder if they eat Miltanks for steak? lol If you like seafood, humans probably don't just eat Magicarp! They probably have all sorts! Gyardos is probably a specialty! lol

Awwww, I wonder if trainers of certain Pokemon that get eaten eat those Pokemon...lol. Like you own a Goldeen...and eat them too! Creepy!

No different than a cow farmer eating a cow! Or a chicken! lol
    It was said in an old episode that Magikarps are unedible... Can't remeber why thought..?

Back