• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Pokemon eat each other?

InappropriateGoat

The Goldfish Lord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    Yes. I'm sure in the dex it says on one entry (forgot which) that caterpie get eaten by Pidgey, or something similar. I forget, I just remember something similar. Might've been weedle or something.
    And Team Rocket tried to eat Magikarp before realising it was inedible, so yeah...

Madabi

~Zap and Rap~
    Years
    I dont know , because i havent seen in Pokemon Episodes , any pokemon eating another , And btw what will happen if the pokemon which is eaten is not digested xD.
    Well imagining - Magikarp while eating evolves into Gyarados o.o

nm legend

Years
    yes they do i've seen an episode were they were outside camping in a forest becuase forest are outside and pikachu was throwing ratattats, and munhlax and pichus into a big pot over the camp fire

Madabi

~Zap and Rap~
    Years
    @Jake : lol it actually depends on who it is eaten , probably snorlax would much up even gyarados if its hungry

@nm legend :o.o i have never seen the episode , anyway i dont know how an electric mouse like pichu tastes like , its almost like putting a battery into your mouth

Years
    Its stated in several pokedex entires that pokemon eat each other and has been mentioned once or twice in the show. I don't know if people eat pokemon but I can't see any other way around it then that though I'm having a hard time accepting that lol.

Ayselipera

If you look at the Pokedex there have been a few entries here and there that infer or state that Pokemon eat other Pokemon. You probably never see it in the anime because I don't think many young children would take it well if they saw a Pidgeot devouring a poor Caterpie. Here's some entries below as an example.

Pidgeotto's entry from FireRed: The claws on its feet are well developed. It can carry prey such as an Exeggcute to its nest over 60 miles away.

Magikarp's entry from Silver: For no reason, it jumps and splashes about, making it easy for predators like Pidgeotto to catch it mid-jump.

Taillow's entry from Sapphire: Taillow is young - it has only just left its nest. As a result, it sometimes becomes lonesome and cries at night. This Pokémon feeds on Wurmple that live in forests.

Cherubi's entry from Platinum: The small ball is not only full of nutrients, it is also tasty. Starly try to peck it off.

They all seem to revolve around flying type Pokemon which could be misleading, but generally speaking I would think most Pokemon eat other Pokemon. Besides the few like Aron that eat metal.

I had some scrambled exeggcute just this morning.

I think Exeggcute are suppose to be more like seeds than eggs. So with that said I'm not sure how well they could be scrambled. :p

I think it would be helarious to watch Onix eat other pokemon. :0

I found some humor in this visual too. xD

Last edited:

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Don't forget Metagross. xD
    I mean, PokeDex entires says that he pins it's prey with such a huge body then eats the helpless victim off. xD
    I mean, lol, quite crazy and scary and yet brutal and don't forget extremely cool at the same time. xD
    Those poor lil small Pokemons... xD

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I bet Poison Types don't have to worry about being eaten.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Yeah, there are real animals in the Pokemon world, as others have said, Regardless, there's no doubt a lot of the small defenseless Pokemon are certainly preyed upon (poor Caterpie and Kurumu!). I think the humans eat the real animals though? The thought of them eating Miltank and Blaziken is a disturbing thought.

Back