• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do they need an RPG Pokemon game for Wii?

Should there be an RPG Pokemon game for Wii?

• Yes! Of course!

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Well, it depends. I won't really mind.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Ugh, no way!

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
    When Pokemon Battle Revolution was released, it brough disappointment to many. Personally, I love the game, but I do agree that an RPG mode would have been much more enjoyable.

I think they should bring a sequel to XD and Colleseum onto the Wii. With the same graphics as PBR, and a refreshing, new storyline, I think it would be a perfect game. Does anybody have opinions on this?

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    I agree, they should advance the plot of XD, or make a whole new one, either made up, based on the show etc..

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I don't know. XD din't have THAT much of an original storyline. I mean, it wasn't a TRUE pokemon RPG. IF they do make a TRUE RPG, then I'll be happy.

Years
    I think not. Pokémon RPGs are meant to be played on the go, just as the Trainer your character is travels across a Region or two.

Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were really just fanservice, and gave us Shadow Pokémon to use only in those games. They were meant to be played at home. But a true Pokémon game should always be on a handheld system.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    I would eat up a true pokemon RPG that could be played on the game console. Not a handheld. I would spend hours playing it in full 3d. Plus they would have much more freedom to add new things. Add much more to the game.

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
    I have to say yes but, only if the RPG for the Wii was some like the real thing... You know, something where you can catch wild pokes from tall grass and don't have to snag them like a thief...
    Would be good also that they introduce another region as well, exclusively for, who knows, maybe a 3D serie... But that would, of course complete the handheld series, not go in parallel to them.

Let's face it, Colosseum and XD had decent graphics and nice 3D environment, but the storyline really suck

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
    I have to say yes but, only if the RPG for the Wii was some like the real thing... You know, something where you can catch wild pokes from tall grass and don't have to snag them like a thief...
    Would be good also that they introduce another region as well, exclusively for, who knows, maybe a 3D serie... But that would, of course complete the handheld series, not go in parallel to them.

Let's face it, Colosseum and XD had decent graphics and nice 3D environment, but the storyline really suck

but the storyline really suck

I don't think that's true. I think that maybe shadow pokemon were a bit pointless, but the actual storyline was good. Of course it could be improved, but it wasn't exactly rubbish. Was it?

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Of course, lack of RPG mode is one of the reasons why PBR mostly got 5/10's on most gaming sites...
    I also wanna see post-Greevil Cipher, it would most likely be controlled by Ardos...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    but the storyline really suck

I don't think that's true. I think that maybe shadow pokemon were a bit pointless, but the actual storyline was good. Of course it could be improved, but it wasn't exactly rubbish. Was it?

OH MY GOD IT WAS TERRIBLE. I didn't play XD, but I did play Colosseum. And let me tell you, if it wasn't for Ho-oh and the three dogs, I would have snapped that disc in two.

What was wrong with the story? Let's start with the main character. He's a nameless character who never speaks? Fine, that's not so bad. Hey, Dragon Quest's done that since the NES. He used to work for a criminal organization and stole their technology? Awesome. Why?

... Fine. So he helps some random girl out, and she can see Shadow Pokemon. Fine. And after finding out that he's actually a villain, she proceeds to HANG OFF HIS **** AND FOLLOW HIM FOR NO REASON THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME. Why? Speaking of which, why is the main character helping out these Shadow Pokemon, while refusing to capture regular Pokemon as well? Did he infiltrate Team Snagem and steal the Snagem Device specifically to help this girl and the Shadow Pokemon, requiring some sort of godlike knowledge and goodwill?

... Fine. Maybe you'll tell us later. Except YOU DON'T AND NOW THE CREDITS ARE ROLLING AND I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON. Well, maybe there's something after the credits, like when I raid Team Snagem Hideout. Except NO. THE GUY AT THE END SPECIFICALLY DOESN'T ASK FOR YOUR REASONS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID WHAT A FREAKING CHEAP WAY OUT OF WRITING AN ACTUAL STORY GRRAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH.

*ahem*

When you write a story, your characters need motivation- a reason to do the stuff they do. Indigo (as I named the nameless hero) had no motivation throughout the story, and Violet (as I named the token animu chick) only served to act as the token slut throughout the game- she was even more useless than Misty. All in all, the story and everything in it was paper thin, and had the impact of a gentle summer breeze.

And let's not forget that the game itself sucked. Can you say GRINDING? Those Shadow bars are probably the worst thing to ever come out of a Pokemon game.

Also, I voted 'no' on the poll.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I voted "of course" in the poll, but I would only buy it if it was like the GBA ones. I mean, yeah, 3D is a must, but the way it plays.

Maybe add in a better plot, make the pokemon actually hit each other, improvements like that.

Perhaps they could make a G/S remake for the Wii? I would pay 100 USD for that...

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
    Years
    No shadow pokemon. Ever.

In Colosseum, didn't you have to find something to convert the pokemon in the uh, converter?

Now, if the RPG happens to be a remake of gold/silver...

Sandshrew

Poke-n00b extraordinaire!
    Years
    i think yes.
    but only if it were like the hand held games.
    if it was a GSC remake i would run and reserve that thing so fast.....

ps. any one else think that those dreamcast memory cards were good?
    i beleve that the wii should do that too. thus making the game a console game as well
    as a hand held game.

Last edited:

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I would enjoy seeing a game like that, kind of like the ones for handhelds, except better graphics =D.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    When Pokemon Battle Revolution was released, it brough disappointment to many. Personally, I love the game, but I do agree that an RPG mode would have been much more enjoyable.

I think they should bring a sequel to XD and Colleseum onto the Wii. With the same graphics as PBR, and a refreshing, new storyline, I think it would be a perfect game. Does anybody have opinions on this?
    that just seems kinda like a buzz kill, Id like a lot of unlockables,picture a fake message board where if you won it you would get a reward for each challenge, like If you beat 3 trainers in a row you might get a level 1 chikorita to transport to your DS, maybe trainer cloths, or items for a mode like pokemon channel? Then maybe throw in online tournments and challenges live for big rewards! Maybe even elect the best players to be gym leaders for a event, and throw in some text message board, that would be the dream...

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2009
    I agree with everyone on this point, if the story line sucks - the game sucks. As much as I love Battle Revolution, I do wish it was an RPG, with a great storyline, and the ability to catch everything WITH OUT TRADING [I'm friendless you see =(]... Nintendo Wii - Pokemon RPG Game... YES PLEASE.
    XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    a 3d pokemon RPG would take the fun out of the 2d style that pokemon has coined.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I'm more in the middle of this, so I really don't care if they did made one. I will buy it anyways and hope it turns out to be a good game.

Back