• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do they really think the earth is flat?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • Actually, the elephants and the turtle are both originally part of mythological traditions (can't for the life of me remember which ones they were, though >.<). But yes, four elephants on a turtle is definitely Pratchett.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Actually, the elephants and the turtle are both originally part of mythological traditions (can't for the life of me remember which ones they were, though >.<). But yes, four elephants on a turtle is definitely Pratchett.

I believe the turtle was at least part of some old Native American traditions, but yeah, it's that they specify four elephants and a turtle that's the tip-off.

Years
  • I support the FES. Lunar eclipses are mounted by the NASA and the ocean is just a large bowl. I can't believe you people, ignorant dummies, who think we live in a sphere.

Once again, picture in your mind a round world. Now imagine that there are two people on this world, one at each pole. For the person at the top of the world, (the North Pole), gravity is pulling him down, towards the South Pole. But for the person at the South Pole, shouldn't gravity pull him down as well? What keeps our person at the South Pole from falling completely off the face of the "globe"?
    D'oh. Take that, penguins.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Flat or sphere? Every one of you is insane, the Earth is a cone.

Interesting to see people still supporting and believing this. I don't mind their opinion of it, really. Just because they don't believe what they're told (and what should seem as common sense) shoudn't necessarily degrade them to idiotic. Let them float their own boat, I'd say. I believe that the Earth is a deflated ball after a rain storm. :D (We have oceans people! >:( So it's not a perfect sphere, or a map, HA!) Nah seriously though, why they believe in that is their opinion, doesn't really affect anything. *shrug*

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    The problem with this theory is that it's soley reliant on every single piece of evidence saying the world is round to be fake. Now I'm all for listening to theories such as this, but not when the centre of the issue is that the world's governments and NASA are part of a non-profitable conspiracy to make us think the world is round. Heck, there's probably more money in telling us the world is flat, so they can charge us for extended flight time ect. Plus, I'm pretty sure the round-earth theory was started by this little guy called Columbus, who was around in a time where global communications was impossible...

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Did you not know the earth is a cube

YOUR ALL SO STUPID TO SEE THE TRUTH.

ITS STARING YOU IN THE FACE

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2008
    I imagined the spider in your sig and avvy to be staring me in the face rather than the cube-Earth.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Did you not know the earth is a cube

YOUR ALL SO STUPID TO SEE THE TRUTH.

ITS STARING YOU IN THE FACE

O rly? that's pretty awesome.

I didn't knew there were people still thinking that the world was .. Flat..
    I mean, how .. ignorant can you be ? :/
    Even a 3 year old knows that the earts isn't flat nor a cube or a cone .
    Ahwell, as long as they're not causing any troubles, I don't mind them at all.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    "Holy Crap! The Earth isn't round! I'm gonna protest to nasa"- Peter Griffin.

Yeah very possible indeed.

Seriously, I am not against ANY religions or races but... What a bunch of losers. They're probably 5 year olds that barely survived a 7th grade ELA class Good thing I was 11 when I did that. If they really think the erath is flat to the SP, What about the Penguin's Mating season movement! HAHAHAHAH!!! They got owned.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Hahah, I had some great laughs on this site

1: Ok...read this idiotic society from a post on my forum and I thought I had to visit. How do you idiots think we can travel around a flat Earth and return to the same point while still traveling in a straight line?
    2: We have an FAQ. Read it.
    1: You have a brain...use it.

This is asking to be trolled. Though I ironically find it not-dissimilar to people claiming the world is 6000yo.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It's obvious that this is just a group of Social Anarchists bent on giving us all headaches with their stupidity.
    These are the same kind of people who believe in a Shadow Government which is controlling everything, and the same people who work at Dairy Queen untill they're 40 years old.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • well, here's a great question to ask them.

If the world ends with a waterfall, as the olden-tymes people say it did, why haven't the oceans dried out by now?

A: do'h, i dunno, perhaps salt water is magical! :3

---

hm... lets see...
    we can take them into space and SHOW them the earth is round, OR we can send a hitman.

I know! let's mix both choices into one!

let's send them into space, and show them the earth is round.
    as soon as the accept it, let them drift out into space and see it for themselves.
    without space suits on.

don't you just love improvisation? :3

---

everyone just loves rebeling against the government and making up conspiracys.
    actually, so many people love to make up stuff and believe in it all the time, they even made a word for it!

a cult.

for the love of god people, stop this useless attempt to get a life.
    it's not working.

Patchy

-
    Years
  • I thought that FAQ was hilarious. How could the Earth be flat, but not the other planets? And, if NASA "didn't actually send rockets into space" and "used the money for computers", how did they actually build the rockets? They're the biggest load of idiots I've ever seen, no offence to anyone who believes it.

vfr

Years
  • I'm guessing the elephants and turtle can fly...if the earth is moving upwards...lol

Back