• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do u hate it wen ppl tlk liek dis?

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
  • i hate it but i also hate when people get mad at you for mispelling some words or not using proper grammar >.>

Yeah that is annoying too. If someone can correct you and tell you exactly how you should have spelled or worded something, then it doesn't matter because your point still gets across.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I generally hate it. There are exceptions, like kidding around, but the fact I hate it is what makes the kidding around funny.

When someone talks liek dis, the chances of friendship dies because I can't deal with it :| That kind of chatspeak rapes my eyes, even if it's a text message.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah. I'm the same way as Yu-chan is. XD

I absolutely HATEHATEHATE chatspeak. I either try to correct the person or ignore them. If they don't respond well to the polite correction, they're immediately marked as a troll or lazy in my book...depending on the severity of the negative response.

Years
  • I hate when people tipe leik dis. I delete them off facebook and MSN.

But, sometimes when I wanna post statuses that only my geek mates will understand 1 7yp3 l1k3 7h15. Because normal people can't speak 1337.
    Or I lktay keliay isthay.
    Because normal people can't speak pig latin.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan on all that type of writing 'i iz 8tin dat!! R I g2 go soz' that does irritate me a bit because I have to read over about 5 times to understand what they said =/
    I just ask for them to say it again or tell them to explain or something similar.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    YES.

YES MYGOD, I hate it.

I tend to not even add people who type like that, on any website and/or game.

You know what I saw someone say once? I believe it was in a youtube comment.. "I don't understand why people type like this, it doesn't make you look intelligent, it makes you look like a loser with no life." , and then he goes back to typing lyk dis fer da rest of da cmmt. D:

I tend to totally disagree with what he said.. and it makes me sad to know that some people think that way. Typing with proper grammar definitely makes you look more intelligent, because it makes it look like you at least passed third grade English. To me, typing like some n00b in that chat-speak is what makes you look less intelligent, not the other way around. Not even by a long shot. /rant

Years
  • I don't care if someone uses this way of typing only very, very moderately and for humourous reasons, but if it's too much, it's annoying. Very annoying.

Some years ago, I would probably have answered differently, since I was a big fan of purposedly misspelling things and using leetspeak back then, but after some time, I realized that it wasn't good for anything.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Kind of. If I don't like the person, I do generally get annoyed. Especially if they're being a jerk to other people for another persons grammar. If it's a friend, then I would happily let them type like that. Sav, especially.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Don't really think it's annoying..
    Unless the person doing it knows how to type properly.
    Than they have an excuse.
    But if not, then that's a shame isn't it?

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    When I'm on MSN, I don't mind people shortening words like 'u' & 'becos'. Its when they shorten words that have no need to be, like 'tlk' or 'soz'; or if the chatspeak makes it longer or just more confusing, like 'liek' and 'teh'.

On a forum however, i get annoyed at chatspeak of any kind unless its an imitation. But when I see someone use it because they think it looks good and intelligent, I fall into belly-laugh mode.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    Hate it. For one I can't understand a flipping word of it and it just looking to me like they can't spell or type. Lol.

Whether it's on the Internet it SMS message, hate it! Lol
    Infact there is a facebook page, something like " I talk like this and nt liek dis, because I'm an adult and not retarded"

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
  • "Y R U POOP BANANZ?"
    but seriously I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, I get so annoyed at chat speak.
    Luckily majority of my friends type out whole words :)

EDIT: I also LOATHE it when people spell "my" and "mi" IT'S NOT EVEN SHORTENING IT, WHY DO IT?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • This is on my list of thing that annoy the heck out of me. I despise bad grammar and spelling, and I full-on hate it when punctuation goes out of the window. I'll admit to using words like 'thar' because it's fun and goofy, if the situation is appropriate, but seriously, is there any need for replacing letters with numbers? How on earth does that help you get your point across?
    Starting every word with a capital letter is a peeve, too. Capital letters go at the beginning of a sentence, Not On Every Word In The Sentence.
    Alternating caps is annoying. It TaKeS aGeS to do and doesn't help with communication at all.

And elongating final letters. I have before been told that I am someone's 'mateeeeeee', to which I replied, "Are you a pirate? If not, don't call me matey, and if so, spell it right."

Gragh.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I ha8 iT wEn pPL TaLK LiEK DIs.

Seriously, it makes you sound like you sound like a complete dumbass who has horrible grammar. And its annoying to read when they type like that in paragraphs >.>

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm not really bothered, but people shouldn't expect me to actually bother with reading it.
    It's weird since it seems to me that one would have to go out of their way and make an explicit effort to type in such a manner, but there we go... To my knowledge it came out of how phones could in the past only send text messages of up to a certain amount of characters, usually 200, so many people condensed what they had to say. I'm not sure how that's supposed to have carried itself over to computer keyboards and the character limit of over 300,000 we have for posts, but again there we go...

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Oh, God, do I hate it! It's chipping away at my faith in humanity's collective intelligence. D:<

I hate all forms of it. Shortening words 'cause ur 2 lzy 2 tp da hole msg (especially on something like a forum, where you aren't 'rushed', and for the record I don't text like that either, on the rare occasion I text at all), Capitalizing Every Word In A Sentence (Seriously. Why go through the extra effort to look like a moron?), CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL (No, it most certainly isn't), and what makes it all worse is when the one writing it doesn't even know enough about grammar to string it together in a way that can at least be read/deciphered. That && thing pisses me off, too. I can't not think of ditzy myspace *****s when I see it. Who the heck even came up with that and thought it was cool? :/

On the internet, where pretty much most of your impression on people is through typed text, it's not hard for me to assume you're a moron if you can't at least make an effort to make sense.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    It is kind of annoying... but I don't mind if I can read it. Some people go out of their way to add in zeros, and ones, and stuff like that... when they do that, it pisses me off Dx

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Unless someone says "i heard u liek mudkipz" I respond liek dis.

If some n00b comes inn and says "hey thar i liek teh internetz ppl u r funnah!!1! rofl lmao zomg dis is very fun too chat because i liek mispeling tings. Also, i am a gr8 sk8er and a awsom H4X0R!!11!!!" Then that's a different story

Last edited:
    Back